Can we please have a prog thread? Pretty please?

Can we please have a prog thread? Pretty please?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6UE-yhNPHYs
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

could you have picked a worse picture of king crimson, OP?

That's the most embarrassing picture of KC I've ever seen. I didn't want to know Fripp was so hairy.

Okay

Was freddy mercury secretly Fripp with a faux mustache?

when the fuck was this picture taken?

What the fuck is Fripp wearing?

it looks like that bald guy isn't actually bald

Tony Levin is bald as fuck.

This is phenomenal

P R O V E I T
R
O
V
E

I
T

agreed, very underrated

I like Third more, but people seem to only talk about Third around here. Fourth and Fifth are both great fusion albums

sixth (the studio album) is great as well

They were such a talented group of musicians. Ever hear any of their live stuff?

ya the sixth live album, it's good but not as good as their studio stuff

youtube.com/watch?v=6UE-yhNPHYs
this performance in particular is very nice

haha i think i've actually seen this one now that i see it. Man, Out-Bloody-Rageous is such a fucking amazing song..

the tape loops in the beginning of the studio version are just so cosmic and gorgeous. my favorite of theirs by far.

same, dude. Everyone always talks about Moon In June but Out-Bloody Rageous is just so damn dreamy and futuristic. How it builds, releases and then dissolves again... Ratledge was the true genius of Soft Machine imo, his organ solo in the beginning of Facelift is probably my favorite solo of all time.

I think all the members were very talented and important, but Ratledge definitely isnt talked about enough. Robert Wyatt is fantastic, but damn Ratledge was really something else

yeah sad his solo career didn't materialize

Yeah seriously. I'd love to have heard more stuff like Out-Bloody-Rageous. At least the rest of the Soft Machine stuff is fantastic

yeah that song is actually a pretty big achievement when you think about it. What other rock song or atleast prog rock song incorporates minimalist electronics that incredibly?

They really were serious innovators and experimenters.

yeah for sure. hearing the end of OBR just now with that pulsing bassline and that orgasmic ascending sax had me trippin'

Is almendra worth getting into?

i wonder what they sounded like with daevid allen in the band