Ok IT Fags so this fucking thing just happend:

Ok IT Fags so this fucking thing just happend:
The black wire broke off the socket of my phone/internet wall box thingy.
I Could not squeeze it back in by hand .
Question is whats the name of the tool i need for this job or how can i put it back in ?

flathead screwdriver

weld it

this is so sad

Is that a mother fucking land line? Poor fag.

No no no and yes

So OP, do you have a university degree?

just pay some electronics lab 2$ for wasting their time heating up the welder and wasting 0.5g tin, and be on your way

THIS BETTER BE A TROLL

Have you tried any other part of the onyernet like it or diy fora desideds fucking Sup Forums no offence but we are not exactly.... helpfull. Also to answer your question its a black wire meaning your a nigger, you don't kbow how to fix it so you are a grill and your op so your a fag. So its a wire stripper

Are you asking a person asking a question on Sup Forums weather they have a degree. Op is a fucking neet

You never know nowadays.

It's broken now. You've got to buy a new one, but it has to be one that's around $50, otherwise the wire doesn't fit.

2016, Still relying on copper for Internet.

Crack open the plastic box along the seam and take a picture of what is inside. If you're lucky there's a screw clamping down the wire. If you're unlucky, it will be soldered and you'll need a soldering iron and a mess of other crap.

this

You'll need wires trippers too. Make sure the power is off unless you want to get hit by 120v. Once you do that, undo the seam and find a screw and push the bare copper wire in and screw it tight.

If it's a regular 120v outlet you can buy a new one for very cheap, easy termination.

Again, the iCarly generation fails at life.

>Telephone line connections broken.
>Still posting on internet.

Nigga better be sitting at McDonalds right now waiting for advice.

I don't even care about these trips. Fuck off.

Thanks anons ill try that .
Btw im 20 so im not done with uni yet.

Fuck am I stupid, it's low voltage. There is a special crimper that you can you once you expose the bare copper to clamp it in. Some you'll need a small termination plug.

What a waste of trips with your comment, wow, you should get cancer and die

First off, being electrocuted by 120v at 15 amps is childs-play. Secondly, your household breakers do not control any part of the telecommunications system. Telephone has always run independently.

Agreed. Some people find it scary still. But yes I agree that's why I am mended my comment.

>phone/internet wall box thingy
kek'd

You need to strip it

Sorry, didn't see your amendment. Of course, I'm being cocky and drunk as well, electrocution effects different people in different ways.

Taking a good look at that picture it probably has small screw-down terminals that you could easily put the wire back into. If you don't own wire-strippers, put the wire between your teeth and bite down then pull. It won't kill you to do it once. When you have it fixed make sure you mount the terminal on the wall properly so this sort of damage does not happen again.

Ha, too busy at work to give this detailed of explanation. But yeah, if I was in OP's shoes, this is what I would recommend

So stupid as bait
Screwup bolt , take off a bit of insulation from the black wire , screw the wire with the bolt.

I also just realized this terminal only has two wires. So we're working on some severely outdated land line telephone jack instead of something important.

Why do I get drunk and try to do telecommunications?

Problem solved

Trips of truth.
Yeah it is clearly outdated, honestly I am far more familiar with 120 to 480v fiber optic and novar/cad5 wire.

Soldering iron

a screwdriver you retard.

We have a seperate board for this called Sup Forums

Open the box, strip the black wire and solder it back in place

Worst thing is in Alberta we deal with almost exclusively legacy equipment (our nice word for obsolete). The telephone lines in my home were installed by Government Telephones and never upgraded, the lines in my neighbourhood were put in in the 1960's, and not long ago I dug a crystal out of an old VHF radio in our storage unit to change a frequency for a farmer.

Unfortunately, I do better business here not learning about anything innovative and just servicing existing equipment.

I can understand that, as there is money to be made by updating old equipment. Me personally, as a commercial agricultural electrician, I see plenty of remodels with equipment from the 80s to 90s. But the valuable thing is you learn much by servicing old technology.

Ok first of all OPFAG this isn't IT so go sucks a cock. Second you need to solder it back on obviously retard. So go get a soldering gun and a 1 yo child to use for solder.

It's obviously a screw clamp terminal.
No, you don't solder a terminal, you loosen the scew, strip the wire, install the wire and tighten the screw.

Personally I love working on the old equipment, because you can then possess valuable knowledge that one can no longer learn in the classroom. But looking forward I would like to delve into some new technologies, just to see where they can go. I'm not much to talk though, I've never been formally educated and got a job doing telecommunications right out of hugh-school. But I can attenuate a cell-phone booster so it operates perfectly, pin-point a problematic circuit in a radio and fix it, and wire up any simple communications network.

Maybe it is time I went to school again, this has got me thinking.

I am currently perusing my apprentiship. I highly recommend formal training so you can prove your qualifications. This can help bargain for a higher wage when doing side jobs. Honestly, I would go for it, you sound passionate as well about your career so you have plenty to gain by seeking out a formal education on the topics you've discussed

You know, I might go for it. Proving my qualifications has been the major hurdle in going forward in my career; but if I could do so, I already have a vast number of clients who trust and value my workmanship as well as considering me a friend, and with proper credentials I could use my relationships with the average shop-supervisor as leverage to make deals on work with corporate clients.

Funny, a Sup Forums thread in the early morning can make a difference. Hah.

It sounds like you have already invested your efforts well, in my opinion. The world really does need more people with the kind of initiative that can make a difference.
Yes, normally I find it hard to find something interesting on Sup Forums but my career is something I am very passionate about as well. Good luck man, I wish you much success in your endeavors

Hey, you know what, thanks my friend. Sometimes all a guy needs is a little push in the right direction, even from a perfect stranger.

Wherever your life may lead you in the future as well, I wish you a good one.