What would happen if a sun made of ice would collide with a normal, lava-made sun...

What would happen if a sun made of ice would collide with a normal, lava-made sun? Both suns would be the same size and ice-made sun's temperature would be -1000 degrees of celsius and normal sun's temperature +1000 degrees of celsius.

Would their combined effects cancel each other out so that instead there would be only empty space or one 0-degree sun?

Other urls found in this thread:

nature.com/news/quantum-gas-goes-below-absolute-zero-1.12146
quantum-munich.de/research/negative-absolute-temperature/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

-1000 C
wtf

>mfw the absolute zero is around -255 C

Tell us more about this lava sun.

Speechless
Also check the dubs

>you are bait

>1: The lowest temperature possible is -273.15 degrees Celsius.

Go post this in 9gag, where it belongs.

it's a normal sun man like the one up in heaven

Dubs bread!

shit tier b8 op

>sun
>made of ice
>mode of lava
> -1000 c
>1000 degrees sun

Are you even into science?
-273 degrees celcius

You and op should be friends to talk about science and shit

So you're suggesting that the sun is a ball of molten rock, and that this is the norm.

Question: why is everything not dead?

>lava-made sun
Prob b8 but still

The sun (our star) is made of plasma, this is a super heated form of gas and so, is an independent state of matter. The plasma in our sun is mainly hydrogen and helium.

Lava is molten rock.

I just asked a 12 year old what the sun is made of. They said burning gas.

Conclusion? You're retarded.

assuming that -1000C was possible, and that a normal sun was actually made of lava
water has a considerably higher specific heat capacity than molten rock. Therefore the result would likely be a solid stone object semi-encased in ice at an approximate average temperature of -609C

because we're like a thousand miles away from it so it isn't hot enough to burn us

You have to use the specific heat of ice, not of water. Dumbass

Also he said they're the same size but made no mention of their mass. Your calculations are faulty and you should feel bad

there would be a huge explosion and then it would all come back together to create a star twice as big

>lava sun
>sun's surface temperature 1000C°
to be this retarded
> -1000 C°, would be (+/-) - 727 K°...
welcome to negative energy

Yup. -273.15 degrees celcius. Post is obviously bait though

> a sun made of ice would collide with a normal, lava-made sun?
>mfw

it's this actually >

Why are you taking the bait you fucking normie?

>Ice sublimates in space, becoming gaseous
>upon contact with 1000C lava, sublimated ice with instantly become a liquid.
For the purposes of an estimation, it is considerably more accurate to use the shc of water

it would instantly evaporate.... ffs re-read what u fucking type

>tfw retards don't know about negative Kelvin

Neato. How big is the sun?

while -1000c ice is comically ignorant, the things that makes me laugh most about this idiotic meme is the fact that I regularly pour bronze casts in my workshop that are hotter than the "lava sun" too...

pls tell us more, i like learing

Sure is summer in here. 6/10 pasta OP

We aren't talking about the ice sublimating. That's why it says a sun made of ice it is a theoretical situation and you have to use the data available

half the size of yo momma

>tfw negative Kelvin temperature is a thing
>tfw solar winds can make star surfaces cooler, one star had its surface found to be colder than space's natural temperature
>tfw you had too many vaccine as a child and now it shows, retard

Negative Kelvin temperature is a thing, you just can't have 0 Kelvin. Scientists have already achieved negative k temp

Is everyone here autistic?

Coldest temperature is 0K (-273,15C)
Sun is not made of lava
Nothing can be anihilated in way that destroys whole materia that used to be part of that thing (exception- black holes)

Negative energy may be a real thing i don't know if this information is fake or not but it would change alot if it is true nature.com/news/quantum-gas-goes-below-absolute-zero-1.12146

She weighs about 4000000000000000000000000000000kg, so you're actually right

Including yourself? Well we know at least one person is.

>0k
Retard
>backhoes destroy things and nothing else
Double retard.

Lol all you idiots replying

>lava-made sun

sure is summer in here

>>tfw negative Kelvin temperature is a thing
And "TFW" you think that a quantum state in a lab, where the temperature is below 0K, and at the same time, hotter than all positive temperature, (citation, the Ludwig-Maxmilians University Munich: quantum-munich.de/research/negative-absolute-temperature/ ) means that it can happen in reality.

It helps if you know what you're talking about.

>>tfw solar winds can make star surfaces cooler, one star had its surface found to be colder than space's natural temperature

"Citation needed"

CFBDSIR 1458+10B is the coldest known brown dwarf, with a surface temperature of about 340 Kelvin. Or roughly the temperature of a hot cup of coffee.

The current black body temperature of the background radiation of space is about 3 Kelvin.

So, before you start screaming "retard" at people, it may be prudent to look in the mirror.

kek, pretty sure this is bait.
The sun works with cold fusion.

It would disaparate both of them

Really short version. Scientists in labs have managed to fuck up the quantum energy state of atoms in such a way that it is at the same time colder than 0 K, and also infinitely hot at the same time.

nature.com/news/quantum-gas-goes-below-absolute-zero-1.12146

is a good article.

quantum-munich.de/research/negative-absolute-temperature/ is the university's FAQ page.

note that it emphasises:
>Is your system really colder than zero Kelvin?
>No! Nothing can be colder than absolute zero (0K)!
>Negative absolute temperatures (or negative Kelvin temperatures) are hotter than all positive temperatures - even hotter than infinite temperature.

So its a weird quantum state where a potassium gas is both, colder, and hotter.

>Lava-made sun
My sides entered the lava-made orbit
Sure is summer here.

Seems fake to me if it's not fake why there's not more news about this and the world going crazy about it i mean this information can change everything

> why there's not more news about this

Because it was such an obscure field of quantum physics that 99.99% of the worlds population has absolutely no clue what it is.

> and the world going crazy about it i mean this information can change everything

Yes, Its incredible. If you happen to live in a potassium gas in a chamber in a lab, you too can go below absolute zero, and be infinitely hot at the same time....
that's a pretty focused area of useful-ness. Maybe in 50 years it'll be useful for something, sort of like the laser took 30 years to really be found useful for anything outside sci-fi novels.

its not like you can stick this in your freezer in your home to make it a bit colder, or something. this isnt world-shattering stuff, simply because there's no application for it at all - yet.

This is still a theory, we have never gotten to 0k
we have gotten close though.

1. Impossible scenario
2. the sun would get bigger and hotter
due to fusion and engulf the planet killing us all
3. This thread if fucking retarded.
seriously OP get a fucking job or something..

Just theoretically, if there was something as big as sun and made of ice, whatever temperature, it would become another sun.

The regular sun isnt made of lava you fucking idiot. It just looks like lava. But lava can't exist in space so it's just regular fire that stays round because of it's own gravity.

>Sure is summer here

sure is