Is this a meme band Sup Forums or worth a listen?

Is this a meme band Sup Forums or worth a listen?

those are not mutually exclusive

Definitely worth a listen

Joy Division shreds and yes true

>I've been waiting for a guy to cum and take me by the hand
10/10 Ian Curtis was a poet

Unknown Pleasures is the greatest post-punk album ever made. An essential listen for music in general

>what is Кинo

>he fell for the Кинo

memes are from the internet era user, this is from the early 80's, don't listen to memes, don't listen to Sup Forums, this place is ALWAYS WRONG
just listen to fucking music and shut up

What is Deceit, Youth of America , Entertainment, Y, M.A.S.S and literally 100 or more better Post-punk albums.

I've heard and love all of those albums and UP is better. Actually saw Gang of Four live semi recently.

Well for one Closer is better than UP :^)

I respect that opinion though I disagree. I think UP is more original and cohesive

I agree

It's a fine album, but ever since the first 3 PiL albums clicked for me a few years ago, Joy Division (and most other post-punk) just doesn't seem as exciting to me anymore.

FWIW, Curtis was a big fan of Metal Box, and that album is way better than anything JD or New Order ever did.

I like it better than closer

Metal box is great but Attack is garbage

They are a better shirt than a band.

They're a band youre "supposed to like", same pit as the beatles or can

Give them a listen but unless you're new to music I doubt you'll be vividly impressed

Don't listen to these underage bannedaroos, there is a reason they're iconic and critically acclaimed.

Yes, there is. They're good, but they started a trend of even more talentless punk, they heard more technically skilled punk bands and said "let's do that but with worse playing ability"

They're competent but their legendary status is largely due to

A) Ian an hero-ing, people love a superficial "tortured soul artist" and they elevate their enjoyment of the music

B) the current popular and trendy album cover. Its stylistic, dark, its /fa/ and trendy

1 word:
ANGST
>AAAAAAAAANGSTTTTTTTTT

They're part of an important art movement and their story is equally important as their music.

Listen to 24 Hour Party People

Listen to it and make your own conclusion. It connected with me when I was a teenager because I had horrible depression and loneliness. I still appreciate the album but I can't enjoy it the same way.

not my cup of tea but with the right mindset I could see it being pretty solid, bro

>they heard more technically skilled punk bands and said "let's do that but with worse playing ability"

Not really. To quote Phillip French: ''...the revolutionary step they made was to progress from the usual punk group's angry statement: 'Fuck you.' Joy Division were the first to say: 'We're fucked.'

Both

X-mas is coming up, get yourself a treat.
It's worth a listen. Martin Hannet was a good producer / engineer / soundscaper.

Worth many listens, user.

>Could these sensations make me feel the pleasures of another man

Not all meme bands are bad.

It's entry level.

Not entry is bad.

Now check the discog of Jah Wobble.

Pretty good desu

It's a meme band that's actually worth listening to.

Why don't you fucking listen to it?

I dont believe anybody has never listened to this before

Here comes the contrarian, UP, Closer and Entertainment are the only albums you need to mention in a JD thread, you look like a dick otherwise.

>he doesn't like Can