youtube.com/watch?v=gc-sC9uHIEE
twitter.com/AnonBabble

fuck u trashman

whats your favorite Peste Noire album?
youtube.com/watch?v=LiJPOKeQ2Yk

another picture of the beauties

muh dick

youtube.com/watch?v=WrZFB2CcNic

Are those the CD's. Very beautiful stuff, what does the inside of Kristall & Isa look like? Also, I have to complain about you not having Kerker.

could somebody post the mega folder?

I have a few of these myself but would love to have all of them. do you have kerker?

not him, but they're cds in A5 packaging to match the cassette art

youtube.com/watch?v=LS8xAl05QHQ

ross bay cult or die

Always forget what that sort of packaging is called. Beautiful stuff, however I still feel like Cassette is the most trve and efficient way for Paysage d'Hiver. I dream of having his discography in my cassette collection.

Yeah hold on

Reminder that "Atmospheric Black Metal" is an entry level youtuge channel, and newfags are using it to surf the lightest side of nbbmn they possibly can.

I'm listening to the Tenth Sublevel of Suicide in the hopes they'll get the hint and do a Mary on themselves.

don't have kerker yet, it's my least favourite one desu. on the other hand I really want to complete this.
the inside of K&I isn't that remarkable

youtube.com/watch?v=9YhzZtjJMrQ

They do look great. Best alternative to cassette imo.

Damn, Kristall & Isa is one of my favorite and most underrated Paysage albums. However it rarely gets discussed. Which one do you think has the nicest interior?

Kerker's probably my least favourite but i'd get it just to be a completionist

mega.nz/#F!AgZjBIQL!pO5aWdLETbVvfUTWgUoCOA

for nbbmn

is this bait, tenth sub level is literally atmo black.

They all look roughly the same with varying pictures. Schattengang and Die Festung stand out tho, those have more than just a fold out inlay. i'll try to take some pics for ya

heavy =/= good faggot

here's Schattengang.
definitely my favourite by the looks

which album is the best of theirs? One user has been posting pic related to me for a while but I'm new to BM so didn't know if he was being serious or not.

you guys seem pretty chill so I'll take a look at them - what would you recommend?

why are pictures loading so slowly?

that one is definitely my fave. they're all good tho. steineiche and the s/t are also good for beginners. die festung and einsamkeit are ambient albums, and kerker is something different

they're pretty big, sorry about that

Personally I think Schattengang and the self-titled are his best works.

Paysage d'Hiver has an incredible discography that is definitely worth looking at. The album you posted is his newest album from 2013, Das Tor. Paysage d'Hiver has an incredibly lo-fi style on all his music, with snowstorm field recordings often covering up the music. This creates a very cold atmosphere which can turn a lot of people off his music, however it is very rewarding if you enjoy it. The self-titled album and Kristall & Isa are good starters as they are fairly accessible. also gave good times, Kerker is truly something out of this world, but it's one of my favorites from him.

self titled is a good starting place, but das tor is aso really good. One of the few BM project whose works are all wort checking out

on a sidenote, for everybody looking for a Paysage substitute, check out Earth & Pillars, especially their latest record:

avantgardemusic.bandcamp.com/album/pillars-i

thanks anons - appreciate it.What other atmospheric BM would you recommend? I ordered the latest Battle Dagorath album after hearing it on YT, but it's all still new to me.

Nice to have a NBBMN thread be so chill for a change.

Make sure to check out Darkspace, which is kind of Paysage D'hiver's sister band. Imagine the whole idea of PdH taken out of the forest and into the unforgiving, vast emptiness of SPACE

goddamn, was literally just typing the same answer as this. definitely check them out user

here also Nasheim, Sun of the Blind, Falls Of Rauros, Alrakis, Sombres Forets, and Mare Cognitum, just to name a few

Check out old Forgotten Woods, Wigrid, early Drudkh, ColdWorld and Niflheim/Gris (name change after one album)

I've still yet to listen to it from start to finish.
Maybe I will after checking out Hate Forest.

Recs similar to this?

This was meant for

I'm very partial to Spectral Lore - III

Manages to be epic sounding atmospheric BM without being cheesy. Pretty sure the album is in the nbbmn mega folder

Drudkh get way too much shit on here. Their first four albums are great, if not particularly original atmospheric BM

eh. don't really like taake beyond the first three. and even those are sometimes hard to bear with that stupid spring noise instrument I always forget the name of

dudes it's so good

The first one is outright Burzum fanart, but it has an incredible atmosphere and the few riffs it has are very memorable and have great replay value

But the second and third album are absolutely mind-blowing and in a league of their own. It's like the conclusion to the atmospheric style as a whole. And the riffging can get very complex, proving the riff vs. atmo game is a false dichotomy.

The rest of their albums up to and including Microcosmos has its own charm and works better as an isolated phenomenon. The band kind of tried its hand at the whole pos-black fad with Handful Of Stars, which I think is one of the better examples of the style, but they immediately bounced back and got stuck into fan-service mode since then, churning one cheap copy of Autumn Aurora after the other.

The acosutic album is the second most beautiful of its niche-genre, behind Kveldssanger.

youtube.com/watch?v=A6ShoZIKnLg

The jaw harp TOTALLY makes some of the tracks, dude, what the hell

But yes, their first three are the only ones with any real replay value. Their self-titled feels like a castrated version of their early work and from then on it focused too much in experimentation, but in a predictable way, kind of like what happened to Peste Noire.

Ty my man, im checking it out right now, starts off well.

next on the list ty

Blood in our Wells is great too

Yeah but it's like a Swan Road that got carried away with the rock aspects of the music. Mind you, Drudkh's entire discography up to 2010 is amongst the most consistent and memorable, so I'm never saying they're bad albums.

I was not expecting this to be so good, damn

Much lie Dimmu, their first two albums are great and everything else is bloated and unlistenable.

I feel you. I'm just biased as it was th e first one i checked out after discovering Autumn Aurora

What are you listening to right now?

Finishing up my first listen of pic related. Was really enjoyable, Landscapes on Hold was incredible. 7/10

youtube.com/watch?v=zlTyc_V7_uE
pretty great, I've listened to it plenty but its an album I simply don't find myself getting tired of

youtube.com/watch?v=Ng5F7eUiGe4

It's pretty decent, clearly just demo's there's not theme and the songs are pretty simple.

>4444
>It's Meme magic, you wounded one

a recent highlight from ancient records

I am binging Graveland because I'm seeing them in a few weeks. Super hype

I liked this album. Found it nice and concise with some great folk riffs. A lot of atmoblack in the same vein just becomes monotonous and middling

Enjoying it a lot so far.

Hate Forest is like a zombie, pissed off, frostbitten Drudkh basically (that's good)

Holy shit I'm really jealous. Graveland is so good, and their recent live shows seem very entertaining. What's your favorite Graveland album? I'd have to go with Immortal Pride.
Hate Forest is great. Purity is probably their best black metal album, but Temple Forest has this charm to it that I love.

What's a Drudkh album worth listening to? Only heard the more recent releases.

I'm just getting into them but I dig Thousand Swords and Carpathian Wolves. The riffs on Following the Voice of Blood though hnnnng

I'd say listen to the first three in order, if you're patient.

His two demos are pretty fantastic

>Not having lps & tapes of Paysage d'hiver directly ordered from Kunsthall back when he still had his stuff

PLEB ALERT

is there any 'technical' bm that is not dissonant?

Ephel Duath
Minas Tirith
Does Ophthalamia count as black metal?
Fractal Possession-era Abigor
Ebonylake
Maybe you could call latter era Immortal "technical"

Dark Fortress

youtube.com/watch?v=dNloyxCofts

ok thx

that was not a good video

A Handful of Stars is their best album, don't listen to the posers.

Also, my Tenth Sublevel thing was saying you can listen to atmoshit sometimes, it's fine, but if it's ALL YOU'RE listening to, then it's like saying you like metal but you only listen to Metallcunt and Iron Maiden 'cause Slayer are too heavy...

I'm not that old (luckily? unfortunately? idk...)

Is Dragged Into Sunlight allowed?

I
ALL
OF
DIMMU
BORGIR
'S
ALBUMS

but if you don't, it's okay.

Currently listening to Forgotten Legends, I like it

Me neither, just started young. Anyway the A5 CDS are wonderful reissues. Bought the ones i didn't have on tape/cd. It's always good to get the LP reissues too, still waiting on the new ones...

Now that i think of it the only ones that were originally on vinyl are the splits with Vinterriket and Lunar Aurora. So glad i have those, they're not on CD and prob never will be. A haudiga Fluag is such an amazing title too.

As a fun fact for Paysage D'hiver Fanatics, and a little known one at that, back when it was very hard to find the demos and they were not available on A5 cd, some dude made very good rips of the tapes and all their artworks on pro black cdr.

god damn I wish I had those splits. they're unobtainable nowadays tho :(
A haudiga fluag recently got a CD release btw.

youtube.com/watch?v=gc-sC9uHIEE

Jahreszeiten is god tier bm, one of my favorite albums.

Actually the one with Vinterriket is on discogs right now. Been a while since that happened, and the price only goes up.

>for those who don’t know Neige®: Neige® is the leader of the group ALCEST® who had visions of a past life® where faëries® and hobbits® fucked in his shrubbery®
neigefags BTFO

Don't bully best bm waifu (male).

What are the good leviathan releases? I already have pic related, tentacles of whorror, howl mockery at the cross, and scar sighted. I've heard he has some good demos too but there are so many I'm not sure where to start.

I don't think much of that discogs culture of buying items for way too high prices just for the sake of it to be honest.
also there are actually a few hints towards a cd reissue, so I'm keeping my hopes up

you posted it
love Taake
I listened to that album for the 1st time a couple days ago, I dug it. Currently listening to pic related (also for 1st time). It's not bad.
I think atmo-black is more easily digested (so yeah, entry-level, though it can still be great) but still has a necessary place in bm. bm noobs can enjoy something and eventually see why the harsher/more aggresive stuff is also great. That process can take time and not all will likely ever appreciate the other subgenres.

At least, that's how I progressed. I couldn't stomach shit like Torture Chain, Gorgoroth, Marduk, etc., a few years ago. Now I love it.

DELET THIS

this is a great album

Listen to the splits. The best one is the one with Xasthur, but another one which was released as an ep is amazing : The speed of darkness.

As for the demos, most of them are amazing, just get them all and see which one you like the most.

Not that guy, but what are the hints?

in one of his rare interviews, Wintherr spoke about a split compilation reissue being considered. also kunsthall.ch still lists an upcoming release called Schnee, which is also the name of two unavailable tracks.

I'll check out the ones you mentioned for sure. Do any of his demos really stand out? Or should is it worth it to just get all of them.

ahhh, i'd seen schnee listed on his site as well as a split with nordlicht (which would be sick if it happens). I'd love a compilation of the three schnee tracks

>"take the picture gorrg"
>"did you take it?"
>"no friendo, i just being sad"

three? I only know of two: the vinterriket split one and the wurzelgeister comp. one.
what's the third?