So these guys suck, but what are some online music websites that don't?

So these guys suck, but what are some online music websites that don't?

Other urls found in this thread:

marcelsmusicjournal.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Reddit

marcelsmusicjournal.com/

Do you need people to think for you?
Try listening to music you yourself are interested in.
From my experience, I just use the rym catalog and listen to everything.

Scaruffi.

the needle drop

Sputnikmusic

Tiny Fucking Mixtapes

You're on it. Sike!!!

Marcel's Music Journal

Opinions on music are worthless if they're not your own.

scaruffi and occasionally rym on obscure releases.

I bet you felt real smart when you wrote that didn't you?

Who is this semen demon?

sputnikmusic is good, you can look at positive/negative reviews so it's pretty non biased

tinymusictapes is okay for certain things, they review mostly obscure stuff nowadays

residentadvisior if you like electronic

and rym of course

www.allmusic.com is my favorite, and has the "critics" I most consistently agree with. There's also tons of stuff there. I frequent Rate Your Music, too, though, to get a sense of what fans think.

These can give me a good sense of where to start, but it's important to listen to album, in full, at least two or three times yourself before delving into reviews. You should also just try some random ass shit every now and then and see if you like it (I would have never discovered Chris Isaak or realized Madonna was actually good if it weren't for this). Try something in a genre you typically hate.

Reading reviews is fun, though, and reading widely can really deepen your appreciation for something.

Be prepared for a bunch of adolescents to post about how much of an independent thinker they are here, though. It's an important stage to go through.

>Though Pitchfork is not a political publication

>Pure Disgust, like me, are from Washington, D.C., where Trump will soon live. It’s hard for me to visit these days, as much as I love so many of the people still living there. My entire childhood landscape has been erased by gentrification. But these kids persist, making raw, necessary music. They are, also like me, punks. If you have been parroting the embarrassing lie that punk under Trump will be better, then you haven’t been listening to the punk of the last eight years. The genre’s had its incredible records and its garbage ones for as long as it has existed; Pure Disgust’s self-titled, from earlier this year, definitely falls in the former camp.

>This is what it sounds like to survive when the world wants you dead. Singer Rob Watson is black. I am not black, but intersex and gay. The people who voted for Trump last night have put us, and other marginalized people, in further mortal danger.

I dunno. Quietus is alright sometimes. Brooklyn vegan. Consequence of sound....

Been painful to watch tQ decline in quality over the last two years, used to be unreserved recommendation.

Her name is on the picture...

I wish I knew.

mostly just honest.

I was thinking more in terms of news and stuff

Thanks for the recs
I was thinking more in terms of news, though, so some of those are useless

oh boy

i'd nerf that

Why does everyone hate Pitchfork here?
t. newfag

Music is completely subjective.

Sup Forums obsesses over p4k so it's not genuine hate