Why pop punk never got any better than this?

Why pop punk never got any better than this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gbrbUfYSt0E
youtu.be/Qm-cghkIVLY
youtu.be/jO2_3pVd5k0
youtube.com/watch?v=cjuD6lZUU2A
youtube.com/watch?v=DtZfnCGwrS8
youtube.com/watch?v=SUzsih7QJSY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Not picking "Welcome to Paradise"

>not picking When I Come Around
blink is superior tho

don't mind me, just walking through with GOAT pop punk album

>dat bassline
>dat perfect depiction of gen x angst and despair
>dat loud soft dynamic

not even the best song on the album but pretty damn good

youtube.com/watch?v=gbrbUfYSt0E

this is GOAT too

I may never understand the love for Dookie. Admittedly I've never heard the parts of it other than the singles, but if those are supposed to be the best ones... I mean, Longview is just lumbering and stupid-sounding, and the others have OK melodies, but they are nothing special at all.

This thing is a gem, though.

Agreed, Nimrod is a way better pop punk album than Dookie.
Dookie is just run of the mill mid 90s slacker rock aside from a couple tracks like Basket Case and Pulling Teeth.

> I've never heard the parts of it other than the singles

listen too the whole thing every song is great as far as pop punk goes

but it did.

>I mean, Longview is just lumbering and stupid-sounding

...that's the point

Burnout is a fantastic song and one of their best.

>Nimrod and Enema
Patrician pop-punk coming through

>pop punk
>Green Day
>good
>ever

it came close a few times

Black Parade is better than Dookie.

Folie a Deux is the pinnacle of pop-punk and the genre died after that

Hey you get it! Waiting is my favorite green day song

Yeah, but the thing with Billie Joe is that his affectations are already borderline ruinous (even after you start to like him), and when he undercuts this to an even greater degree, it's not a good thing.

The Warning album gets love from me too. My favorite from pre-AI is Scattered.

how's 2016 been for you guys? dunno about you, but I've been having fun.

Who has the best vocals for pop punk?

Obvious choice is Billie Joe but Patrick Stump has a case as well.

Please tell me this is your little sister's collection or something

Because it's a narrow format.

Nothing against Dookie. It's a fine album with some good tunes and some filler, but there's not a whole lot of places to go from there.

Mark from blink.

Admit It!!!

I never thought of Billie as a great singer. Stump can fucking belt it though. So can the guy from Panic!.

tom delonge, easy

kids these days hate pop-punk

youtu.be/Qm-cghkIVLY

just check out the crowd here.

She's more into tumblr shit like Halsey.

Urie is a god among men.

youtu.be/jO2_3pVd5k0

Billie isn't a great singer but his voice fits pop punk really well. Maybe it's just a result of Green Day being such a staple that his voice sounds familiar, idk.

The way Stump whales and mumbles like retard is just perfect from some reason.

Jesus christ kill yourself

:^)

Yea I the vocal gymnastics he pulls in songs. It's unnecessary but it sounds great.

wrong album man

Where the fuck is first ditch effort by NOFX?

Tom DeLonge

pop punk peaked when it was created.

many "kids these days" adore pop punk. and it's exactly these tumblr/twitter girls that you've mentioned. no one else.

>implying this isn't their best album.

dis nigga knows what's good

Menorah/Majora and Dormroom Demos are GOAT. Most of their albums are wonderful.

Pop punk never got better than this actually.

I WANT TO BE STEREOTYPED
I WANT TO BE CLASSIFIED

>Green Day
>NOFX
>The Bennies
>Descendents
>Adolescents

all new albums this year. So, it's been a preTTY FUCKING gOOD YEAR I thINK

I WANNA BE MASOCHISTIC
I WANNA BE A SADISTIC

Blink-182 > Green Day, fight me you fucking nerds

*statistic

S U B U R B A N H O M E

pop punk is one of the most popular genres in America, because 95% of every kid who even feels a tad special or rebellious and veers off from the mainstream or their parents music collection

There's a reason why bands like Frankie Cosmos, Fitz and the Tantrums, etc, are so damn popular and it's because of high school and college kids

>shitopinion.exe

I WANT AAAAA
BIG LOOOOOAAAN

I don't get why anyone would listen to blink or green day over NOFX

I'm surprised Sup Forums is even this open about discussing pop punk. I thought the whole board despised it

We do tBh

Pop punk has been an essential part of Sup Forums since the beginning, newfag.

You know, I didn't really think about it til now, but you're totally right.

coming through

best pop punk band

who is that?

In terms of being patrician Insomniac, Nimrod, or Warning surpasses, but they are all god tier including Dookie in terms of pop punk. Blink's Dude Ranch up to s/t is also god tier. I'm a fucking fag so I'd also say A Fever You Can't Sweat Out by P!ATD and also Ocean Avenue by Yellowcard are stellar.

youtube.com/watch?v=cjuD6lZUU2A

Cheese, You Fucks!

It's right on the drum

But it did! Japanther are fucking awesome. Altough they might not be pop-punk in the Green Day/Offspring/NOFX/Millencolin kinda way. More like Ramones inspired pop music.

youtube.com/watch?v=DtZfnCGwrS8

Are any of those albums even considered pop punk? Seems like they take themselves too seriously and lacks all the themes and aesthetics of say, Green Day's first 3 albums.

Doubt it. Green Day are just as old as their parents and considered very old and uncool for among the kids today.

Blink's s/t is the epitome of 2nd wave pop punk, great choice

Folie is power pop, FOB really only had one pop pun record (FUTCT)

Black Parade is more a weird power pop/arena rock/post-hardcore mashup. That whole poppy post-hardcore scene that popped up when emo pop got super popular has a lot of records like it that I don't know how to classify.

Not pop punk though. After Dookie, Green Day tried to be just a regular rock band. 1,039/Smoothed Out Slappy Hours, Kerplunk and Dookie are all pure gold. Everything after that is absolute garbage except the song Redundant on Nimrod which is a great pop/rock song.

>implying Insomniac isn't more punk than Dookie

No, I impled that it was less pop. Still not punk, but more punk/rock than Dookie.

>I may never understand the love for Dookie. Admittedly I've never heard the parts of it other than the singles, but if those are supposed to be the best ones...

I don't think anything has ever made me this mad on Sup Forums. Why the fuck are you even on a music board?

>pop punk
>good
kek

ordering that and Hypercaffim Spaz soon.

pop punk is not what it used to be, it's considered pasty white boi music now.

Fever is legitimately great.

Who's ready?

yep

fun

How do you guys feel about American Idiot? I've gotten back into listening to some of it as a guilty pleasure, but I remember having a love/hate relationship with this album back in the day.

shit just like everything else in this thread

How about listen to some Misfits and NOFX, then come back to me.

I hate those bands and Green Day.

Punk and corporate rock sellout "punk" is shit.

youtube.com/watch?v=SUzsih7QJSY

Your doing it wrong, only hate Green Day. Forget about that band, then you can have a better time listening to actually good punk bands.

best

also Captain We're Sinking is pretty good. Joyce manor self titled is great but I wish it was mastered better. If you really think green day is the magnum opus of pop punk or especially blink 182 then you need to hear more records.

wrong album man

wrong album man

I can't believe anyone would think this record is good. Even compared to other blink 182 albums it is absolute garbage!

These are best, but I need to give the ergs a mention

literally all time best album and band

Has some of their all time best tracks (Letterbomb, Homecoming, Give Me Novocaine, Jesus Of Suburbia) and some of their all time worst (American Idiot, She's A Rebel)