Hey Jude

>Hey Jude
>Long psychedelic blues rock
Did Scaruffi listen to the music before reviewing?

According to that one guy who wrote a rebuttal to both his Beatles essay and his writings on jazz, he probably doesn't listen to a lot of the music he reviews.

those rebuts are garbage tier sentence by sentence "breakdowns" that miss the forest for the trees

Maybe. I personally don't give a shit. I like Scaruffi's taste

>na-na-na-na-na
>not trance-like and thusly psychedelic

c'mon kid, this is academia.

Hey Jude is a psychedelic classic only to be rivaled with rock around the clock by the comets

So is your rebuttal
What instrument does he play again?

I haven't listened to about half of the music I have strong opinions about

I said I like his tastes, not that I think he's some infallible authority. Maybe he doesn't know anything about music, who cares? Not like Christgau or Fantano do.

>Maybe he doesn't know anything about music, who cares?
It is implied through his tastes. Generally knowledge of music theory is required to appreciate what he does.

How about you?

Is knowledge of music theory really important to appreciating Beefheart and Faust? Anyway, I only play drums. I want to learn how to play a brass instrument some day but I don't have the time now.

>Is knowledge of music theory really important to appreciating Beefheart and Faust?
I guess not, if your concept of music appreciation is
>lel so lolrandom XD

Yeah, that's clearly the only reason why people like those artists. What are your credentials?

I've been playing in bands longer than you've been alive.

Because that gives you enough credibility to tear down decades of critical acclaim

Playing in shitty bar bands doesn't make you a music expert. Why so assblasted over Scaruffi anyway?

Scuffi has decades of critical claim?

No, Trout Mask Replica and Faust

I think he's referring to artists like Beefheart & Faust, both of whom do have decades of acclaim.

He must have poor reading comprehension then.

You criticized the albums as being "lel so lolrandom XD." and I simply reminded you that people far smarter and more musically experienced than you beg to differ.

>You criticized the albums as being "lel so lolrandom XD."
I didn't. Read it again.

I suppose I should remind you that I am far smarter and musically experienced than you

Well you clearly weren't criticizing Scaruffi's music reviewing abilities, seeing as how Scaruffi's analysis' are nothing close to "lel so lolrandom XD."

>I suppose I should remind you that I am far smarter and musically experienced than you
of course you are

Except I was replying directly to not Scruffy.

Please read the thread before posting

>of course you are
Why so assblasted over being a non-musician anyway?

and the person you were replying to was talking about whether Scaruffi needed music theory knowledge to analyze artists such as Captain Beefheart or Faust. Stop being stupid.
>Why so assblasted
you are far and away the most assblasted person in this thread lol

>and the person you were replying to was talking about whether Scaruffi needed music theory knowledge to analyze artists such as Captain Beefheart or Faust.
Incorrect. user said he had a similar taste to Scruffy and shared his (unqualified) opinions. I was replying to his assertion, not Scruff's.
>you are far and away the most assblasted person in this thread lol
How so? I wasn't even the one who brought it up.

>Incorrect. user said he had a similar taste to Scruffy and shared his (unqualified) opinions. I was replying to his assertion, not Scruff's.
he was clearly referring to Scaruffi, but then went on to talk about his own musicianship
>How so? I wasn't even the one who brought it up.
you're just clearly very upset right now. it'll all be okay, i promise

>this thread

>he was clearly referring to Scaruffi,
See >I like his tastes
He's referring to himself, unless user thinks he's scruffi, liking his own tastes?
>you're just clearly very upset right now. it'll all be okay, i promise
What do I have to be upset about?