If you were to cryogenically freeze a 14 y/o for 8 years would they be considered 22 years old...

If you were to cryogenically freeze a 14 y/o for 8 years would they be considered 22 years old? How would the law treat them? Would they still be a minor? Could they give consent to sex or purchase alcohol?

Most likely not would be my opinion but I'm no lawyer

no. Their body is that of an 14 year old, as is their mind. Technically they'd be 22, but legally it would be decided pretty fast that they're 14/

it's come to this

Yes you would be 22 yrs old, but you body structure was stopped at 14 so you cant really have alcohol because you body cant handle it your body makeup is still 14. You will get Shit face by one beer or whatever.

Once we get to the point where cryogenic preservation exists there will be legislation process to define important terms and prevent abuse.

Just like these days in Chine there is legislation process preparing for use of robotic cars.

Law mostly reacts to current life problems.

Okay then, what if you put the mind of a 22 year old in the body of a 14 year old? How do you think the law would effect them then?

That is simple, no alcohol cause it will harm her physical body, but sex yes, cause she is mentally prepared and understands what is happening

well in theory, probably the same as a normal 14 year old. Our driving ages, alcohol ages, etc are based on physical age, not how "grown up" the person is mentally. So the law will still most likely be the same

Obviously Im talking about what the legislation should look like and probably will in case this will be possible, nowadays law is based on physical age

what if a thing that can't happen, happened?

legislation should probably be the same. Alcohol is physically dangerous, it's basically a poison. It would be very, very messy to try to fix legislation for something like this

What's wrong with hypotheticals?

I don't think you understand the purpose of the question...

they're stupid thought experiments.

Well considering the law stands on a psychological point of view not a biological one. I'd say you're a faggot and fuck off.

Obviously the legislation wouldnt just be alcohol related. Im thinking more of an general clausule stating the rights of people who have been cryogenically frozen and thawed. Also when there is no existing legislation in an area, you try to find some underlying base values which the law is based upon. Alcohol age restriction- protection of the young body. Age of consent restriction - protection of a young mind. Therefore I think if there was a 22 yo in a 14 years old body the sex would be a yes and alcohol would still be a no.

no such thing as stupid thought nigga, just un/educated ones

Obviously not as they'd be considered dead. The law would treat them as dead. They would still be minor, as in death of a minor. No, they couldn't because, well, they're dead. At least that would be the case until you figure out how to revive cryopreserved people.

I think that's how it probably should be, but it wouldn't end up like that. Culturally, we hate pedos, even if they don't act on their urges. I think that would be a bit too close for most people

I meant after they had been revived

Sure theres still the question of morality when it comes to having sex with a 14 yo body. Its still creepy and pedobeary. But the main reason why sex with minors is forbidden is because it can harm them on psychological level, which cant happen to somebody who already is an adult on psychological level. The reason why the law even exists wouldnt apply to someone with their mind transfered into younger body. Im just stating the facts like a "robot lawyer" with no emotional coloring. But sure theres always emotions.