>mediafire.com/download/zq35xorj2iaqh22

Modern Chord Progressions: Jazz and Classical Voicings for Guitar - Ted Greene
>mediafire.com/download/oflu4wdwofhqqtb

Jazz Guitar: Single Note Soloing Vol. 1 & 2- Ted Greene
>mediafire.com/download/07o65qdh5in1nsq
>mediafire.com/download/jmu86f7dj8bdxcd

Impulse Response Pack
>mediafire.com/download/svtfxjtillrdwt8/Gods Cab 1.3.rar
>mediafire.com/download/4n28zkjw0zgmdj9/ASEM RECTO V30 L2.wav (embed)

old thread

Other urls found in this thread:

vocaroo.com/i/s1gXTUZ8RHuS4
clyp.it/gqj5aklx
youtube.com/watch?v=SAsYBH-81ow
youtube.com/watch?v=2-s2jDU3Wtc
youtube.com/watch?v=-r7apE7tHKU
a.clyp.it/u201lknx.mp3
clyp.it/c5fjz4by.mp3
a.clyp.it/mt0vx24q.mp3
a.clyp.it/5qalsn4g.mp3
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Board time?

>not correctly rotating your images
>that cable management

see me after class

Why do people expect others to be able to play scales immediately and from memory but not modes? Why is it generally accepted that like Scales > Modes? Why?

repost

They don't know what modes are

SM57 came in today

Can I hear what your Afterneath sounds like

Hey long time lurker here, had to sell my guild star fire 3 for rent, sad times, got anothe job though and just got this 80's Roland JC60 for cheap. Thinking of getting a Gretsch, either one of the CB models or get a Streamliner with TV jones? Looking for psych jangle esque debut Smiths album/'pleasant valley Sunday' monkees/stone roses/spacemen 3 sort of thing' Anyone got any advice?

Also guitarbro's in the US irregardless of adversarial politics hope you are all sweet and remember music is an equaliser

Blues is more popular than jazz among guitarists.

vocaroo.com/i/s1gXTUZ8RHuS4

How is my geeetar coming along feelas?

Peavey is the go to brand for solid state amps?

YEa like a honda civic or toyota corolla. Works fine nothing bad

Yes, just got a Rage 258 recently. Best clean tone in its price range. Very thick sound.

I fucking love my Acapulco, that thing sounds so good on bass. pic related

How did you know?

I can only imagine how a miku stomp must sound through a big sky...

Lyle guitar guy here paid 25 bucks for it

Is an Aria Pro II CSB 380 for $200 a steal or does it seem sketchy? It looks like it only has cosmetic damage but it's going for half the price of other Cardinal basses.

post clypz
clyp.it/gqj5aklx

why do you guys think of that youtube channel Knobs' demos?
youtube.com/watch?v=SAsYBH-81ow

I think they're great.
youtube.com/watch?v=2-s2jDU3Wtc

if you've ever wanted to see him while he's twiddling knobs
youtube.com/watch?v=-r7apE7tHKU

What're the better options for a cheaper Jazz or Jaguar bass?
Been eyeing up the Troy Sanders Squier signature a lot lately.

Dream strat

Feels good
It's almost worth what it cost

>volume swells dude lmao

what is the most comfy guitar for muh shoegaze, i just want a comfy neck, comfy

because they're almost equivalent and because modes are just scales played from a certain degree

D Dorian = C maj played from the 2nd degree

Pretty much this and modes have avoid notes

I can't play barre chords, especially B
what do?

B in "A" shape at 2nd fret
or

"E shape" at the 7th?

A shape

Try moving your thumb round more to the middle of the back of the neck rather than on top

Thinking about getting a DigiTech Polara because I want a something with a reverse reverb option and I might get a fuzzface type of thing.

Will be buying one of these today. Still not 100%, but leaning towards the Princeton. I don't gig, mostly record and play at home, the Princeton seems like an even more stripped down DRRI. Curious which one Sup Forums would pick.

Do yourself a favor and get a miku stomp

DELUXE R, no question! no competition!

>want a epiphone sg400 2nd hand for xmas
>go to local web adds
>epiphone sg400 like new for 150€, posted 1h ago

Fucking nice.

Not sure I can handle those amounts of meme

good luck keeping it in tune

My very first amp was a nip-made JC-77. I hated it at first because its heavy all my friends have HURR DURR MARSHALL COMBOS. Paired it with a japanese SG copy. Godly cleans and chorus. Almost sold it for $20 kek.

Don't have any advice for you though. How's the 60? You like it?

>nip-made JC-77
>this dumb cunt doesn't know Roland is Japanese

>mfw recently joined a neo-soul/gospel band as a guitarist

Goddamn it sounds chill as fuck and fun to play live. I'm learning more about extended minor chords, gospel chord progressions etc.. Also helped me downsize my pedal board as it doesn't need so many effects kek.

aw shit I thought some of them were made in taiwan or china

New ones are probably, but I think they stopped making 77's before/if they switched to shit-asia

But they made 120s in the USA, and probably made 77's there too, so perhaps I am the dumb cunt....

Please tell me about those problems and what can be done to solve it.
PLEASE

Get a real guitar, like a jazzmaster

Just SG things

dr for me

your basses are kyoot

>strymeme
>miku stomp
[sarcasm]i bet you are a decent human being and a productive member of your community[/sarcasm]

What's that bridge on the rick?

There's no way around it. I've tried using special tuning techniques and I even took it to a luthier a couple of times. It just wont stay in tune for more than 20 minutes and it's imposible to gig with.

Not that guy but looks like a Hipshot

you could probably get a cort like mine
gb-74

I was horribly disappointed by my g400. My ltd from the price range worked a lot better, and i dont even like ltds. That was 10 years ago though.

How am i doing
Pls rate & opinions & how to improve

acoustic & singin
a.clyp.it/u201lknx.mp3
clyp.it/c5fjz4by.mp3

lead electric neck & bridge pickups
a.clyp.it/mt0vx24q.mp3
a.clyp.it/5qalsn4g.mp3

Any particular reason?

Speaking of America, you better buy MIM (and consequentially MIA) guitars while you can. Prices are about to skyrocket when the Mexico factory shuts down.

Thanks
I'd choose the deluxe reverb since I heard it also goes well with vintage keyboards

Wait, is this true?

I know this isn't guitar related, but has anyone got a clue as to what I should look for when buying drum sticks ? I'm very picky about my guitar picks and I imagine drum sticks are kinda the same.

that eagle is so cute omg

thats because luthier are full of shit nowadays and often have no idea what there are doing.
Through a bone or graph nut in there, stretch your strings, don't use old strings or very very thick strings and if things are still out of tune through fucking locking tuners in it.

I should take a new pic soon, but I'm putting it off until I buy a fuzz from the local pedalmakers...

>afterneath
>acapulco gold
>the muff

damn user u super fly

>rick 4003
>daphne blue jazz bass

user you truly are a master

that's classy af user I want a shimapan waifu on my board too jesus

what's that church burning pedal

i can't believe i never tried any of those things that are the first things you try when your guitar wont stay in tune thanks you save me

welp if you would have done it right it would stay in tune

>user gives you advice
>Act like a complete asshole

I wish that every guitar you ever play is never in tune ever again.

MiM will most likely only be proportionally more expensive than MiA. Big man's putting down a 35% tariff.
I'm still convinced he'll break up Big Guitars and make it cheaper for everyone internationally.

All right here i go again!

>Big man's putting down a 35% tariff.

That's fucking huge when it comes to large scale manufacturing dude. The Fender factory will without a doubt close and Fender will need to make up the massive losses by jacking up their prices and moving the rest of their operation to China/Indonesia.

The Fender Mexico factory *

Those things wont help with tuning though. The graphite nut idea is for non locking tremolo players so the string will slide easier so "they" have less tuning issues(im yet to see any hard evidence that it has any effect) and the string is less likely to break from friction, old strings can cause tuning issues but not as many as bad tuners, new strings only stretch for 2 days most by themselves, and locking tuners are for fast string changes, not locking in place to prevent you from going out of tune.

Tuning issues resolved from graphite nuts and locking tuners are because theyre a higher quality part than what was on there. The only issues from tuning that you get from nuts are bad notches with burrs or imperfections(generally from factories with poor qaqc) that grip a string. Graphite nuts that are put on after the fact tend to have someone with a lttle knowledge, skill, and the proper tools doing the work with attention to detail. Locking tuners just tend to be medium to high quality parts, theyre made for gigging guitarists and i have yet to find a cheap set of them being sold by anywhere reputable.

How do you think flatwound strings on a single coil Strat would sound for metal rhythm guitar?

This is super bad for us, man.

Fender Factory is a mainstay in Ensenada, hundreds of people work there... I'm probably gonna lose my job too if that happens haha.

depends which metal.
I think it wouldn't sound so good unless you want to do some boomy stoner/doom kind of thing, having lots of treble you can cutoff after with the tone and EQ knobs is kind of a good thing.
at least that's what I think. with some pedal fuckery and good amps it's probably doable

>The graphite nut idea is for non locking tremolo players so the string will slide easier so "they" have less tuning issues(im yet to see any hard evidence that it has any effect) and the string is less likely to break from friction
If the nut, especially on the wound strings, is too tight and you start to bend chances are high that after releasing the string won't slide as much back as you hope it would. This results in the strings being out of tune and you can prevent it with "lubed" nuts such as in graphite or bone
I really can't argue against the locking tuner thing, it is hard to find any evidence.

Another thing that SG guy could do wrong is stringing the guitar wrong, can result in tuning instability too.
And if everything fails and other wise you love your 150$ guitar to death you could install an evertune bridge for double the value of the guitar

They'll have to come back to the US if they want to compete. Or they can keep there "Made in X" in X country.

Sorry friend. With a Trump presidency, he'll be bringing back as much manufacturing as possible. This unfortunately will always leave someone in the dust.

> Another thing that SG guy could do wrong is stringing the guitar wrong, can result in tuning instability too.
I plan on watching the yt video with the most views to string the guitar tbqh.
But from what I've been reading, Epi SG's are a bit of hit and miss on this regard.
Fingers crossed.

Added to the list of considerations. Cheers, fella.

cuck

If the nut is too tight you widen it. I owned a g400 once, it too wouldnt stay in tune. It also sounded bad. It didnt play nearly as nice as an sg standard, it played like it came out of a starter pack, even after a set up. For the price it would have took to get it up to snuff i could have bought a used sg standard.

Convince me not to buy this guitar.

It's for leftt handed players.

new pedals came in today

Its not my job to convince people not to waste their money on garbage.

>That's fucking huge when it comes to large scale manufacturing dude.
Fucking idiot basement dwellers had to vote for someone who's economic policies are pants on head retarded.

>Playing guitar left handed
Nigga I'm left handed and even I play on a normal guitar.

>sold my amp+loop pedal so I can afford rent last month
>might have to sell my strat so I can pay off what I owe for tuition this semester
>tfw

I really fucking miss that loop pedal though, and I think I might cry if I end up selling the strat desu. But at least I will always have my acoustic (which is too much of a piece of shit to sell off), and I rationalize in my mind as the other stuff is just "extra" toys which i don't NEED in order to play guitar or write music, plus I will have the money for that stuff again in the future this is just temporary while I'm back in school finishing up my degree.

>Selling off prized possessions just to survive

Why are so many people in here so financially retarded and yet also not very good guitar players? All these pedal boards,effects, loops, and all this discussion about having to casually sell off gear- what the fuck is wrong with you people?

Your guitars are your family. They chose you as much as you chose them- do you not remember your first day with them? Learning all their loves, hates, and growing with them as they grew with you?

>what's that church burning pedal
Throne Torcher, HM-2 clone with a mids control and a built in boost circuit

>Why are so many people in here so financially retarded and yet also not very good guitar players?

im not sure what you were expecting from Sup Forums

>Middle class families had to vote for someone who's economic policies might actually keep them a functioning part of society.
ftfy
enjoy real competition now

do you not have a credit line so that you can just fuck yourself over in the future?

Not good at all lol. Have you ever played flatwounds? They sound "thump-y" with shit sustain, kind of like upright bass strings.

You could get away with it if you're playing slow doom style rhythms though since they do sound a bit bassier/boomier.

In 2007-2009 Sup Forums guitar threads were generally filled with egotistical whackjobs, but they were technically proficient. If you could read through their flippant manner, they offered good tips and tricks and kept the discussion to actual gear and instruments. /gg/ for the last year has just been a meme spiral of shit that I believe is indicative of the over-all lack of intellect between 16-21 year olds these days.

>poorfags

lmao

>he'll be bringing back as much manufacturing as possible.

Doubtful, there's always somewhere else to set up business. Those jobs won't be coming back to the US and prices will go up for goods to make up for any losses in any exterminated free trade deals.

Fender has already started selling Chinese made guitars that are essentially squiers with Fender Decals, I can see them moving their entire MIM operation to those factories. Fender will become more like Gibson, a legacy brand with the high end being out of reach for most players and the low end (epiphone in Gibson's case) being mass produced low quality guitars. It's a shame because MIM guitars were really the sweet spot between quality and affordability that was only possible because of close proximity of the Fender Mexico factory.