Found this on ebay, they claim its 19th Century English, asking price $4000. What do you guys think?

Found this on ebay, they claim its 19th Century English, asking price $4000. What do you guys think?

That u may have gotten fucked.

That's French knockoff. It's still probably worth about a grand.

Can.... Can you fuck it?

I havent bid on it yet. Looks pretty authentic to me but need more opinions.

The fuck is wrong with you! That would completely ruin the value!

I might message the seller and ask him what the fuck

I would make sure they have certification first. My buddy got scammed with his and ended up paying nearly 10,000 for a knockoff of a 4th generation Japanese one.

anything post-16th century should at least have the proofmark of the craftsman that made it, if not a company that hired them

ask if they have any photos of the proofmarks before bidding

OP I would pay like 3000 for it. Not more.

Nah, that's barely worth $500 if you ask me. Unless it has some historical value, I wouldn't do it.

Have you ever tried making your own finger Box? I'm thinking about doing so myself.

thats the dodgy thing about it, he hasnt posted a photo of the bottom. I'm smelling a scam.

what is this

see if they'll offer an appraisal from a respected company...like ayo

What’s the point in getting finger boxes for historical value? Why not just get one for the sake of using and enjoying it?

Are you kidding me? Making your own finger box?? People literally spend decades trying to master the craft of finger box making. You're a fucking disgrace if you think you can make a perfect one in one try.

That is a beautiful finger box... I would maybe go 3500 but no more. You know how rare those are right?

who hasn't tried it? it's fucking difficult. that's why we buy them.

fuck off n00b

I would by a Shaka Khan 1980's addition for the same amount . It's not worth 4,000$ . Maybe 2500$

>buying anything endorsed by shaka khan

nigger are you a downie?

I would bid low my man.

It may be worth all of $4000 but this is an investment we are talking about here.

Are you kidding me, you dumbass? Do you not even go outside you fucking NEET

I had one that looked like this when i was a kid... brings back memories...

Used to have one kinda like this as a kid, brings back a bunch of memories. I haven't seen a finger box in that condition in forever though, definatly worth the price.

it's a good one, but for that price you should get the japanese shogun limited edition.

>>>/fb/

are you fucking serious?

That's the one I got a few months back. Extremely happy with the purchase.

I thought they fell out of style in England during that time. It's could be as old as advertised but is most likely Scottish. Seller doesn't know what he's talking about.

I heard the old models like that sometimes have like a craftsman stamp or etching inside. Maybe use like a flashlight and a dentists mirror to see it. Might be able to to get a fix on where it's from, who made it when, etc.

Hello new friend

you are? how does it feel? I was thinking of buying it after my next paycheck.

lol the newbie doesnt know what this is lol this so funneeeee
but seriously kys

harsh dude, I bought mine for 2 grand, even though it's a knock off japanese 12th edition. worth every penny

wats a fingurboccs?

Get this box instead

I've been looking for a finger box to keep as my main for about three years now since my last one was stolen. I have to say that this fits the bill almost entirely. If you have the money, it's more than worth it.

>not water cooling that shit

found the pleb

i think it might be a scam as 19th Century English ones go for atleast $5600 ( also alot of finger box scammers have been spotted on ebay lately)

I've made them before with my dad as a child—been doing it ever since. I think my favorite one I've worked on is made out of a redwood. Unfortunately, I ended up giving it to my ex when we were together. She took it with her when she left.

i wouldnt pay more than 3 dollars for a small wooden box with a hole in it

just made this today, I want some honest opinions on it please.

Hello newfriend

>not cooking fries off of it

You sir are more than respectable. What makes you desire to keep up the craft? Just let me and all of Sup Forums thank you for what you do.

I actually have that model. The 980p. Thinking about handing it down to my son.

piece of shit

no need to watercool unless you are planning to overclock

Are you a fucking idiot? A box with a hole in it? Do you not know what the fuck you're talking about?

I spent well over 10 hours finishing this, that's pretty harsh, but thanks for the honesty

The paint looks like it'll fall off easily, and it's a bit to angular for my taste.

Also minecraft.

Not a single request for the ebay link?

bait

Newfag.

For a beginner, I have to say that's some very good work. Don't listen to the other guy. I can definitely see the effort you put forth.

why? im not going to buy it

the picture is more than enough

fuck off summerfag

you’d get more enjoyment out of a bottle of soda

It's OP's find, he's entitled to it.

Nice. What material is that? Reminds of one I had in my childhood

thanks bro, I'll keep trying and will most likely stick to a nice unthemed finish next time. my dream is to have high quality products like aYo

I used to have exactly like that, but it was a shitty german knock off

Ironically it's carved in one single piece by use of driftwood found on the golden coast of British Columbia.

it's finger boxes new fags. welcome to the chan.

Amazing. I have fond memories of visiting Canada as a child. Someday maybe I can find an original 19th century box or make my own and offer them as collectibles

Newfag

LOL Xd What's A Fingwrbox :) ?

nufag

Good point. I won't even bother searching for fingerbox on ebay.

My grandma has a fingerbox in her garden
>pic related
>also r8 it

Hey guys I'm new here, what's a finger box?

please tell me as well

You stick your dick in it and the box clamps down and crushes it

For some reason I find this model awesome. I know it's plastic but there's just something about it.

Sorry to hijack, but I have a level 5
fingerbox emergency. I got mine stuck in a tree! Any tips to get it back?

Here’s another fingerbox she keeps outside in her backyard on a tree

Sometimes plastic just beats wood man

Have you tried vinegar?

You never had a finger box as a child? I think you might be too young to be here

I know it sounds crazy, $4000+ for a a finger box, but you'll be glad you spent the money on the old world craftsmanship.

See how the external band has peeled away slightly? This indicates that the box was put together using a special technique that fell out of fashion in the 1780s, pre-automation. This might be even older than the guy says.

send a cat up, cats are known to dislike fingerboxes and 9 times out of 10, it'll knock it right out

just make sure you're ready to catch it with a bedsheet or something if it's particularly valuable

Damn birds always trying to fuck with my finger box. Has anyone else had this problem?

I know yall like your fingerboxes, and I don't blame you, but you really need to be more careful what buyers you trust with these kinds of things. If you look carefully at OP's picture, you'll notice that the hole in the top of that fingerbox is photoshopped in. It's not a fingerbox at all, just a box. Don't you dare spend a cent on that piece of junk.

holy shit

fuggg wat dis fingerbox x------D ? ??

t. newfag

Here are a few from my collection
You are looking at a value of well over 100 grand

Nice, I tried it but now it's stuck on the end of the cat's tail. And the cat won't come down from the tree. What else can I try?

summer has arrived. and OP is a huge fag.

What? cats fucking love finger boxes

OP I wouldn't do it the finger hole looks shooped onto the finger box (see attached picture) based on this I think it's fake, there's no way to be sure though

Been thinking about buying a cheap plastic one, I've always been a fan of wood but I want to see how well plastic performs.

cats love finger boxes, he wants it for himself. there is no way you are getting that finger box back now. not even cat nip will lure him

It would do in a pinch, I guess

That was guy was trolling you. Cats love finger boxes

That cat knows exactly what he is doing. He is claiming it for his own and doesn’t intend on handing it over

I guess you guys were right.
Luckily my neighbor Steven stopped by and asked, "Wha Happen?"
Then he left muttering "cat's too bad because I'm gonna snatch every motherfucker fingerbox"

I'd tend to agree. You can tell based on the pixels and from having seen quite a few shops in my time.

i like how nobody took the bait yet

lol fuck off oldfags