Any lawfags on here? Yes, I am coming here for legal advice

Any lawfags on here? Yes, I am coming here for legal advice.

I found a sublease on Craiglist and want to get out of it because I find out that the apartment is shit after taking a closer look after the initial tour. Here is the legal crux of it: The sublessor did not have permission from her landlord to sublet, and it states in the lease that this is necessary, lest the lessor be evicted or fined. Can I just walk away without fear of any legal repercussions on the basis of the agreement being void from its inception because the sublessor never had the authority to sublet?

Other urls found in this thread:

lmgtfy.com/?q=sub lease law ohio
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

More ZimZam.

it depends on what state (and possibly what city) you are in

Only thing you can do now is an hero

I could just tell the landlord, and the bitch will be evicted, right? No need to pay up then.

What do you think signing a lease means

he will get evicted
but there is no guarantee that you will be let out of your lease unless you let us know where you live

But signing a lease (a contract) is unimportant if it is void.

Ohio.

Sublease is not valid unless allowed by the primary lease. Therefore your leaseholder has no lean on you.

Connect the dots... Threaten to tell the primary leaseholder if they try to fuck with you.

Any lawfags want to write a statement that I could send to her? She is threatening me with a "supina"

This. Which County in Ohio? Some jerkwater counties like Wood can have weird provisions.

Subpoena you illiterate scum

lmgtfy.com/?q=sub lease law ohio

>"supina"
subpoena
it means she is request the court order you to give testimony

This thing is, I have no proof at the moment that she did not receive consent from the landlord. Everything in my gut is telling me that she never did though based on the terms of the lease and her lack of production of such a document after my first attempt to tell her that I will not acknowledge the sublease, even though that it was apparent that she had read the relevant part of the lease.

I know that. My intention was to make the point that she does not know anything about law. I will not go into any personal information, but I have a fair bit of experience myself, just in constitutional law.

Contact the landlord dummy. If you want to get gangsta and bail on the lease then get gangsta.

>I have a fair bit of experience myself, just in constitutional law.
meaning you've read the constitution a few times and now consider yourself an expert?

the only way a landlord will evict the guy you signed a lease with is if you testify to the court that they signed a sub lease with you violating the original lease

and you could be charged with abuse of process by knowingly entering into an unenforceable contract then using that to avoid you obligation

Bumping with the Dorner for help.

She's just trying to intimidate you. Tell her if she files an action you'll subpoena the landlord. That should clean things up. It's just a game of brinksmanship.

I work in property managment and if you signed a contract with a the resident and they had prior knowledge that they could not sublet, then walk away. There contract is pretty much void since they had no authority.

The lease was not produced until after I signed.

still shaky ground as you did not notify the other party of contract termination when you read their lease
even more so if you took up residency of the property

Hello,

I'm sorry but Ohio law doesn't not require a window of recipience time for you to change your mind on any type of subcontracts. What you have signed is legally binding and easily held in a civil court cut and dry. Yes you have made the commitment, if you chose to fight this through the civil courts you are grossly outweighed by purponderence evidence that you knowingly and consciously made this decision without the ability of early termination as highlighted in section 4 without 30 days of notice.

Please re-read your contract, taking a special notice of what has been highlighted and know that abandonment of this lease will cost more than all potential fees while staying due to the occurrence of protection in civil court filing fees and law suits for disruptions and complications of my quality of life as well as having to pay for each court appearance.

You have a rather fine set up and opportunity to which most would take advantage of anything between the leasing office and myself is a My current leasing may place me at a fine but no civil action will be taken against me. You are to fulfill every part of your contract and enjoy the amenities of [redacted] for the entirety of the summer, whether you chose to sleep there or not you are obligated to fulfill every part of the civil contract between [redacted] and [redacted] Enjoy the summer and please fulfill your duties as a tenant and a man or you will be served at a unknowing time at an unknown place with a professional server of supinas. Personally I will be recommending while you at work since you have disclosed that location. My suggestion is follow the rules and have a great summer and don't hesitate to notify me about any property problems.

Here is the email I got today.

I gave her the key and notification of the lease being invalid the day after the move-in date. I did not even sleep there or have any of my belongings there.

but you took the key
if the landlord chooses to retain the original lease
then your sublease will be valid
what are the provisions in the sublease for you terminating the lease?

Bump for the love of my wallet.

"The Sublessee agrees that if the Lease is terminated for any reason, this Sublease will terminate automatically effective the same date."

There was also the warranty that "(b) The Lease is in full force and effect, and fully transferable pursuant to its terms;" I was desperate to find a place and would sign a contract for anything that gave furnishings.

>(b) The Lease is in full force and effect, and fully transferable pursuant to its terms;
that will fuck you if the landlord does not evict the primary leasee
it will mean that the lease is in full force and effect, and you are bound by the terms of the sublease

Whether or not the landlord evicts is irrelevant to this clause. It constitutes a false warranty, making the contract contain a significant mistake/lie making it void.

the more sound the sublet contract is
the more likely it is for the landlord to allow it

protip for anyone looking to sublet a property (lessee or lessor)
>always negotiate the contract with a representative of the landlord present

>making the contract contain a significant mistake/lie making it void.
only if the landlord and primary lessee state in court that the sublet was not agree to beforehand