If you could nerf of buff chess pieces which would it be? Yes I really am that bored

If you could nerf of buff chess pieces which would it be? Yes I really am that bored.

Forts can move diag.
After dropping an enemy, the soldiers can strafe right or left

I would double the amount of pieces each player starts with. 8 more pawns and 1 or 2 more of the others.

Best way to play chess, I'll rek you by them rules

I would buff the game by removing all the black pieces

make the queen an amazon (more like a knight as well as a standard queen, or let a king move both like a king and a knight.

I'd create two new pieces. Prince and princess. The Prince can move in an L shape one space further than a knight, and the princess can only swap places with any one of your other pieces, but can't capture anything on her own. Two pawns in front of them to the left or the right of the King and Queen on a 10 square board and its a new game. Super chess. Niggers did 9/11 ice cream melts steel beam fuck yourself.

chess is for autists who dont get pussy lmao they even have their own piece called white knights lmao

Glad you brought this up
I've had some thoughts for Xtreme chess i to spice it up
>Pawns
can move sideways
>Knights
"reset" after killing a unit and can move again as long as its not back to the original square
>Bishops
Can ricochet of wall, but if they choose to do so they must continue until they hit a piece but cannot must stop right next to it
>Rooks
Can "charge" in which they move all the way to the edge of the board in any direction you choose and take all pieces in its path, but you forfeit your next turn
>Queen
Can jump over a single piece at any point in her trajectory
>King
Once per game, can detonate and destroy all pieces adjacent to him (ally and enemy)

>King
>Once per game, can detonate and destroy all pieces adjacent to him (ally and enemy)

the king doesnt die, he just has it as last line of defense makes it so its harder to gangbang him with all the new moves

I find it fun to make different maps to play chess on with variable numbers of units based on the size of the map

sometimes you have to make it so that it goes move move attack attack though, otherwise it gets to be a stalemate quickly

No comments on my new pieces eh. You guys suck! I'm never coming on this site again.

>Forts can move diag.

Then they would be queens, retard.

What the fuck is the point of the princess if she cant capture a piece?
>send in a piece
>swap a princess in
>nothing happens
>die for me bitch

forgot one last thing
>Checkmate no longer exists. Only rule is the game is over when the king is dead. None of that weak ass safe space 'I'm about to kill you, you better do something' bullshit
If you move your king into a pawn without realizing it, you're a garbage player and you deserve to lose, case closed

You could save another piece. But it seems like a waste of space on the board.

>HAHAHAHAHAH
this is the high quality content I look for

I'd buff the pawn, nobody really picks the pawn as their main piece in rakeds and stuff

Or you could not suck ass and need to save pieces.
Now that i think about it more, princess is really weird when it comes to checking the enemy king, because you can swap a rook or queen or some shit with it and insta-mate someone.

I'd make pawns edible

This I can get behind. I've had so many games where I've had to tell my opponent "You're moving into check..."

they should be able to make that mistake and get fucked up.

Swordsman don't say "Hey, you've left your right side wide open." they just take the fucking swing.

>die for me bitch
I'm thinking this is enough to justify a princess piece

are they not already?

I'd give the King a range of two tiles.

Make him a tad less helpless.

You can already chew on them, but of course that just makes you look autistic

You can arrange the pieces however you want, expect the pawns King + queen

Allow castling out of check.
Queen can also move like a knight.

Add a dice element tot he game. Each battle is up to the dice rolls. You can try to take a piece and actually lose instead. Pieces are capable of defending themselves and can defeat an attacker.

Different pieces have different points for attack and defense.

Pieces like a Queen would be very powerful offense. Rooks very powerful defense. Pawns would be low offense and pretty good defense.

I somewhat agree. If we're talking competitive, which is real fucken dumb btw, sure idc.
But with friends im fine with letting them know they fucked up. A game isnt fun from winning, its fun from playing it.

Minus the king+queen part, see Chess960.

Not a bad idea, but you could just go play risk. Chess is one of those games that has absolutely no luck involved.

See, I'm a big strategy gamer, so I'll play something like Twilight imperium or risk to just fuck around and have fun. But something that has literally no elements of randomness? That is a game where skill is the only factor.

>twilight imperium
What's this? It sounds cool.

Decide who moves first? Or just play best of even games until someone gets two more than the other

Hilary 2016

Just spent a few minutes looking at pics on google images
Nvmd abort
Too fucking complicated