Sup Forums What're you carrying in these times of mass shootings...

Sup Forums What're you carrying in these times of mass shootings? I dont have a piece and was interested in buying one for home protection. What would you guys recommend for a beginner? I have a little bit of training with hunting rifles but I'm totally new to handguns. pic from google seeing as I dont have my own yet.

TL;DR: post ya guns

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vgeoWlqM4i8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Buy anyone, you can kill whit any nigga

Just seeing what would be best, semi auto, auto ETC fam

your pic is a good choice. my EDC for almost 20 years.
fits in a pocket and I'm 5'3". no one has ever noticed.

nice try, fbi

haha good one, post your face along with your address too just so I get an IDEA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

> home protection
12 gauge pump, or a really good auto. Cheap ones are less than reliable.

throw a picture up

fucking americans. "SOMEONE GOT SHOT WE NEED MORE GUNS TO SOLVE THIS PROBLEM"

My edc is a Glock19 gen4

The sound of that bitch when chambering a round will ward off all but the most deranged invaders.

I gotz my 200 shot 30-06 revolva

Here's a list of subcompact pistols to conceal carry. All options are viable. Pick whatever you like most, you won't go wrong with anything on this list.
>beretta nano
>smith and wesson m&p shield
>glock 43
>glock 26
>kahr pm9
>springfield xds
>ruger LCP
>walther pps m2
>keltec pf9

Im actually canadian, but I see where youre coming from its just at this point i dont feel safe without anything to protect myself

Really, any Glock would be fantastic. If you don't feel like paying for the Gen 4s, lower gen is totally fine. My first HD gun was a Glock 17 Gen 2. The prices are usually low, and they're great guns.

Jealous cuck

/k would probably be a better place to get answers (and see more guns).
How much shooting experience do you have? How much is a little bit of training with hunting rifles?

I love my shield, carries extremely well in my alien gear holster or my pocket if my pants arent too tight.

Does Canada even allow C&C?

i reccomend this

I'm canadian too, but when was the last time you heard of a canadian mass shooting? Almost all of canadian gun crime is from winnipeg and montreal gangs, and some in toronto. The south US is literally a second world area

And heres a list of pistols for home defence.
>glock 19
>glock 17
>any mid or full size glock....
>m&p
>hk45
>fnx tactical
>cz75
>hk usp
>springfield xdm
>beretta m9a3

if you're looking to carry, check out the M&P Shield in 9mm. It's affordable and a very common carry gun.

Might not be the perfect thing to practice with, however, especially if you're a smaller person (lighter weight = more kick)

Personally, I have an FNS-9C loaded up with 135gr +p hollow points, so I don't feel very worried on a day to day basis.

also, don't skimp on a fucking belt. get one that's reinforced.

nope. but I know people who think they live in America and do it anyways. Most canadian citizens think c&c is pointless and only results in more deaths. Especially since our police are fast and 911 works here

Shield 9mm with Federal HSTs

ye youre right , I know how to do the basics, loading, safety, change clip, aim properly. but thats with a scope so I wouldnt really know how to aim a handgun efficiently though. I might hit up a range in the near future

Almost every day a Glock 43. Days that I'm not working (guns are prohibited at work ;-) ) I add a Glock 26 or 19 to it. Odds are that I'll never need them, but it's not a big deal to carry them and it would suck to need them and not have them.

Plus 2 spare mags, and my swinging cod.

With mass shootings, your honestly going to protect more lives if you train in close-quarters combat/restraining holds.

The security guard that was stationed at the Orlando shooting? Off duty officer who was carrying and returned fire.

Also, if you want to get a handgun in Canada you need a Restricted level gun license, or a Prohibited level license for the small handguns you can CC (but its incredibly illegal to have those anywhere but in your gun safe, at the range, or in your car between those places)

Check out the Bersa BP9CC. I was quite shocked at how well it shot and felt. It's now my EDC.

get a gen 3 glock 19 fuck what ever anyone else says

*smug fuck
your country is going to shit and I'm going to watch it burn from down under

i recommend u come to peace with having a small penis

>be Australian
>have to take the daily government dicking so I can have my allotment of internet access
>best use it to show the world how shitty my life is

About a year or two ago a couple of teenagers tried to shoot up a mall in Canada but were stopped because of a tip to police

it just makes me uneasy that NOTHING has happened here yet, maybe im being paranoid lol

>I might hit up a range in the near future
Do it before you even consider buying a gun. Or at least buy a gun to eventually use for conceal and carry but use it as a range gun for the time being.

You get the experience of shooting plus you become more familiar with your sidearm. Don't even think about carrying it until you know all of the local self-defense laws and when it's appropriate to actually pull it out. Doing otherwise just gives a bad name towards guns in general.

Glock 19 MOS Gen4 and Glock 29 10mm.

they have malls in canada?

EDC is S&W MP Shield 9mm. Light, very concealable. Doesnt print in my alien gear holster. Shoots like a champ. I'm by no means looking to shoot someone over 50 feet away, but for a close range and home defense gun its absolutely perfect

That's amusing, honestly, because California, Illinois, and New York have the most gun related crime in the entire country.

youtube.com/watch?v=vgeoWlqM4i8

Where I live in America the police has never failed, I remember some crazy tool some hostages and it was over in less than 20 minutes no one got shotbor hurt

user i got my fist
If I were to put my hands in my pocket I would be arrested for concealed weapons

This nigga knows whats up.

I hate defending gun owners and gun owners rights, but 5 minutes later i hear or read some dumb fuck tried to kill a petty shoplifter who was running away in a crowded store.

I actually think that the average Canadian has FAR more respect towards guns than the average American.

If you grow up thinking that guns are to be used as a tool and as self-defense only if necessary, then you're going to treat the gun with respect. If you grow up where guns are "gangsta" and do the sideways aim thing, then you're probably going to end up getting shot.

My African American friend of relatable descent, I applaud your comment and agree upon it's message.

>be canadian in new zealand
>laughing at america & britain
>mourning canada's imminent demise
>being confused at aussies

You mean a nigger?

my brotha

I stay away from niggers

Okay then

laaughing at things because they intimidate you is usually a sign of autism

You don't have any large groupings of niggers in Canada

Mah nigga, also what I carry.

You'd be smug too, it comes with all the freedoms. That and not giving a fat fuck about jealous cucks who hate.

I was hoping for an actual shield with a gun in it

White people do the same thing without training because pop culture told them to.

If you give someone in the western world a gun who has never held one before, they will almost certainly have their finger on the trigger, point it where it doesn't need to be pointed, and almost always pose the same way that they expect someone to pose with a gun.

gen 3 glock 19, or ruger lc9 s pro if you want a smaller 9mm.

you mean the "mass shootings" that were all invented by the media

the only thing intimidating about the UK is the idea of the country under sharia law.
and I'm not intimidated by the us, just scared. have youS EEN YOUR ELECTIONS?
most other countries believe that half of your country is illiterate, gun waving deus vult wackos

here we go

Not the media - the government, which owns the media.

Glock, for when you really want to pay twice what something's worth...ruger lc9s or sr9c, like $150 dollars less and doesn't sound like a bag of bolts if you run with it.

>Brazen American swinging his big gun around while silly foreigner likes to watch and imagine how good it is.

Kek

Manlet needs a manlet gun
OP i suggest a .45 since STOPPING POWER
If you are extra manly then get a 45-70 revolver

S&W M&P Shield 40 and y is my image upside down

inb4 someone starts an argument about .40 being shit

The Kahr pictured is a good weapon. I'm an avid gun collector and sport shooter. My personal favorites are Walthers (own both a ppk, and p99).

A used .38 S&W is both affordable, and reliable.

Glocks are reliable, but Ive shot them, the mag and slide releases are stiff and sharp. Not user friendly (for a sport shooter, I suppose in combat it doesnt really matter)

Sigs, HK's, and Walthers are all expensive, but fit better in the hand, and are overall a bit more polished in the "user friendly" dept.

All go bang, doesnt really matter what you choose, as long as you stay away from these...

>Bryco, or Jennings... The definition of a Saturday night Special. Never waste money on them

>Taurus, although I've heard good things about their newer guns, I dont trust them. Had a Taurus revolver (one with that little hex key hammer lock thing) jam on me. I guess the recoil set the lock, and since I lost the key I never could fire it again (gave it to a friend)

>Kel-Tec and Ruger, thats about as cheap as I'd go. I havent heard anything bad about them, but Ive fired them, they feel cheap. I'd buy a used s&w before I bought one of these.

>Beretta, is supposedly great, I've only ever owned one Beretta. A little .25 cal Bobcat. Shit was shit. The tip up barrel switch broke after 2 range sessions. I bought it brand new. And its the only gun in my entire life I've had a bullet fail to leave the barrel. Was probably a problem with the ammo, but I wont trust a Beretta ever again.

as that silly foreigner, I own a .308 and a 16 gauge shotgun. having said that, gun ownership should be a privilege not a right, as it is in every country except the US and those torn by civil war

>gun ownership
>a privilege not a right

I have 2 Saturday Night Specials. One is a JA 9mm which has had some problems but I think I solved it with a new mag, that was 100 bucks. Second is a Raven .25, 60 bucks and it works like a fucking champ, smaller than my hand. Only set back is ammo is hard to find.

I also have a Rueger 10/22 in case shit really hits the fan and I need to survive in the woods. But I'm looking to buy guns everyday. People hate cheap guns but I fucking love them, the are pretty reliable and it might be just me, but I'd rather have 10 guns for a thousand bucks, then 1 thousand buck gun.

I could careless about an argument .. She handles with ease and small w/ 2 7 rnd mags perfect center mass placement 20 30 yrds

Berettas are fantastic guns. The old bobcats and tomcats were prone to frame cracks though and most of them were recalled. I have a .32 that I got replaced with the widebody model and it runs like a champ.

Decent gun, I just hate the triggers on all the shields. Preference issue though, not quality. For first time handgun owners I always recommend a S&W revolver...

tfw I can safely walk down the street without the fear that every person who looks sidelong at me will shoot me
cause thats what this is. americucks afraid that ooga booga black man will rape his wife and ooga booga gubment will tax his paycheck to pay for roads, and afraid that the next girl to look at his penis will laugh

I wont say Berettas are not good guns (I'm the guy you replied to) They are a military and law enforcement standard. I personally have not handled a Beretta besides the little Bobcat I had. And I did not like it. It did break, and it was the only gun in my entire gun collecting and shooting life where I had a bullet fail to leave the barrel (but to be fair, I've only owned two .25 cals in my life and sold them both immediately) First was a Bauer .25 (Baby Browning knock off) and I sold it after I put one mag through it (every round stovepiped, and the extractor bent, in just one range session) Second was a Beretta Bobcat. In two range sessions the tip up barrel switch broke, and I had a bullet get stuck in the barrel. I want to like Berettas. And to be fair, it shot straight as an arrow, when the bullet felt like leaving the barrel. I know this was an ammo problem. But Berettas arent my thing anymore.

>tfw I can walk down the street knowing any potential criminals will fear me and others not knowing if they're carrying or not

ftfy

>tfw I can safely walk down the street without the fear that every person who looks sidelong at me will shoot me
So can I. Still carry though because guns aren't the only weapons people have.
If someone has a knife, ax, machete or something else and is threatening me, or a group of people malicious people start threatening me I'd still want my gun because it gives me an advantage, or at the very least a level playing field.

Being prepared=/=being scared

I had a Ruger 10/22. It never jammed, but I've had .22s that shot straighter (probably barrel length)

>Ithaca Arms .22 lever action
>Phillipine Arms magazine fed .22.

If you like .22 rifles, look at some of them. They shoot fucking great.

A little out of date but it is a good start as to what is out there.

I have an old marlin .22 with a stainless heavy barrel that is a tack driver and will run any ammo I put through it. Sometimes you get a great cheap gun, other times it's a mossberg night train...

Oh you know

>entire mosin description in russian

M9 for the win, circle gets a square.

I do not carry a gun, unless I'm going into the woods (I have been chased by packs of wild dogs before, its not fun). I live in one of the top 10 most violent cities in the US, and I only carry a gun when I go into the woods. In my state its a 100 dollar fee and a filled out form that will get you a concealed carry permit, and I dont feel the need to carry a weapon. But I have 3 sisters. My older sister carrys a gun, and has had to pull it on a man that approached her in her driveway at night. She told him to leave 2 or 3 times and he kept walking up the driveway towards her. She pulled her pistol, and he ran away. I support the right to carry a weapon. I dont feel like I need one. But I damn well support the right to carry one.

This is the most peaceful time ever in human history.
You don't need that gun.
You just need a telescopic baton at most while not being a pussy.

Taurus PT111 G2

>trusts his life to a $200 gun meme
>blah blah blah

Fucker goes boom every time I pull the trigger, handles +P, and I shoot nice tight groups with it. I also keep a Beretta 96 in the glove box in case I want a little more punch than 9mm, but I might swap it out with the 10mm RIA 1911 I bought a couple months ago.

This in a Galco KingTuk holster, with 10+1 rounds of Winchester white box 147gr JHPs.

It's so light and well-distributed, I forget I'm wearing it sometimes

A camelbak full of lsd.
Nobody suspects a fitness nerd smiling and shaking everyones hands.
Then they trip balls and discover the interconnected harmony of the universe or whatever lol

>I dont feel like I need one. But I damn well support the right to carry one
Individual rights are the foundation of this country. No one should force anything onto anybody

That's a pretty cool pen. What kind is it?

Kevlar.