twitter.com/AnonBabble

no one cares

u cared

I care for this thread.

It's the best Grimes album.

Nowhere near 10/10 though.

>Nowhere near 10/10 though.
Subjective. For me it's a clear 10/10.

Then you need to listen to better music.

Garbage is a 10/10 to someone who has never eaten real food.

>Garbage is a 10/10 to someone who has never eaten real food.
>Not understanding the concept of nutritional value

>Nutritional value of plastic bags and tin cans

The question is: did you eat real food? Or do you actually consumed junk food passed as exquisite French cuisine? As a music connoisseur I can assure you that Visions is a masterpiece. You have my mark of approval. Bon appetit!

...is a contradiction in terms since they are indigestible objects.

>i thought this album was a meme
is it a meme, though?
i've listened to it the year it came out because of all the hype and it was plain bad

>is it a meme, though?
Yes, it's actually popular/viral.

>i've listened to it the year it came out because of all the hype and it was plain bad
>listens to Visions only once

It's not like there's something I don't get to listen to it more. It's "I can make music Garageband too!" and you know how it was in 2012.

>It's not like there's something I don't get to listen to it more.
>being this delusional
Visions is the definition of a grower album. This album impressed me more and more with each listen.

>It's "I can make music Garageband too!" and you know how it was in 2012.
Do an album like Visions in 2016 and we're talking. It doesn't matter the tools used: IT MATTERS THE RESULT.

>i've listened to it the year it came out because of all the hype and it was plain bad
Fwiw I listened to it for the first time THIS year and think that it is absolutely awesome.

>and you know how it was in 2012.
No, I actually don't (see above.) Which is perhaps the reason why. I went into the listening experience with absolutely no prior conceptions, and was therefore able to arrive at my own independent conclusions as to its overall artistic value - which are that it is absolutely amazing.

I'm glad you liked it, but it's artistic value is poor since it's bland pop music and is nothing more but a product.
>No, I actually don't (see above.)
I mean it was "tumblr going mainstream" with all the artsy videos, promotion campaign and that artwork.
It's conjuncturish trash at the core for the people who likes to be deluded by modern "critics".

lol

Exactly, garbage.

>but it's artistic value is poor since it's bland pop music
This is where you're wrong. It's not bland and it's not just pop music. This album is an exciting melting pot of synthpop, dreampop, idm, r&b, and classical, all peppered with experimental elements. Maybe it's just not for you.

>and is nothing more but a product
You could say that about ANY album ever sold to the masses. So, what's your point? That any album on sale is just a product?

Now that's what i call shitposting! Vol 35

>I mean it was "tumblr going mainstream" with all the artsy videos, promotion campaign and that artwork.
>It's conjuncturish trash at the core for the people who likes to be deluded by modern "critics".
Art is subjective. Her art is good or bad depending on the receiver. Still, shame that you dismissed it as "tumblr going mainstream". That says something about your IQ and your strong bias against pop music. Maybe you're not in the position to be a good critic of art if you have such huge prejudices.

>synthpop
yeah
>dreampop
Sure
>idm
yeah no
>r&b
no
>classical
you're delusional
>experimental
you don't know what that even means

Listen to better music and stop living in an echo chamber.

For good experimental pop i rec David Sylvians more recent albums.

Nice

>idm
>yeah no
Listen to Be a Body, Colour of Moonlight and Genesis. Especially the instrumental versions:
Be a Body: clyp.it/pgk1bj2k
Colour of Moonlight (Antiochus): clyp.it/xafy2ndg
Genesis: clyp.it/uehcyc5z

These are the best early Autechre tracks that they never did.

>r&b
>no
Listen to Skin. Influenced by Mariah Carey.

>classical
>you're delusional
The classical elements are all over the entire album, but more prominent in the intro.

>experimental
>you don't know what that even means
Unusual sounds/structures/combinations/singing.

>Listen to better music and stop living in an echo chamber.
Give me a break. You make brag about my taste.

>Wire, Autechre, Boards of Canada, Cocteau Twins, Killing Joke, Stereolab, Depeche Mode, New Order, Can, Joni Mitchell, Telefon Tel Aviv, Siouxsie & The Banshees, MBV, Disco Inferno, CRJ, Skinny Puppy, David Bowie, Neu!, The Beta Band, Ozric Tentacles, Aphex Twin, The Blue Nile, Tangerine Dream, Mazzy Star, Massive Attack, Kraftwerk, Public Enemy, Snoop Dogg, Dr. Dre, Steve Reich, Klaus Schulze, Kate Bush, Plastikman, Dead Can Dance, FSOL, Glenn Branca, The Pop Group, Bob Dylan, Silver Apples, The Beatles.

Is that good enough to you?

>music connoisseur
I tip my fedora to (you)

Hence why the term can't be seriously applied to music criticism.

>David Sylvian
>Japan
So, you dig quirky synthpop, but not Grimes. It doesn't make any sense. To me, at least.

That's literally first month on Sup Forums core, think for yourself and try to find better music.

David Sylvian post Japan, if i wanted to say Japan i'd say listen to Japan.

Get the fuck out of here. These are great artists. And btw, this is the real moocore.

Post the bigger one that actually has all the bands you named, stop getting your music taste from reposted images.

>Dr.Dre Snoop Dogg Bob Dylan
I-i'm not like the other kids i swear!

>This is where you're wrong.
>opinions can be wrong
okay
>any album on sale is just a product?
depends of how much artistic value it has. pop music never had much.
>you dismissed it as "tumblr going mainstream".
That wasn't the reason, re-read my post.
>That says something about your IQ
getting personal, huh?
>your strong bias against pop music
I like pop music though
>you're not in the position to be a good critic of art if you have such huge prejudices.
I never claimed/wanted to be one.
Stop seeing what you want to see but isn't actually there in my posts and don't make such stupid conclusions.

David Sylvain post Japan is too pretentious to me. I think that's why you can't dig her music: you prefer over the top pretentious music at the expense of some good beats and melodies. Call it patrician or whatever, it will not make me suddenly like it.

>There's a Light That Enters Houses with No Other House in Sight is a 2014 experimental album by David Sylvian. The album consists of a single hour-length composition and features spoken word by American Pulitzer Prize winning poet Franz Wright, as well as contributions from musicians Christian Fennesz and John Tilbury.
This pretentious level is too high for me.

>I-i'm not like the other kids i swear!
These are common artists and I don't give a fuck about how popular they are. Music is not a popularity contest. I enjoy music for what it is.

And this is why your opinion doesn't matter, saying something is "too pretentious" is the same as saying "i'm too stupid to actually get it".

Then you admit you have shit taste and enjoy wallowing in filth.

>And this is why your opinion doesn't matter, saying something is "too pretentious" is the same as saying "i'm too stupid to actually get it".
That's a retarded point of view. Sup Forums spoiled your mind with too much crap. I could use your modus operandi against you: you're too stupid to actually get Grimes' music. Do you like that?

IMHO you're just a pretentious prick with zero appreciation for melodic music.

No. You're saying that shit, not me. My taste is great and you know it. You? You're just envious because your taste probably sucks. Prove me wrong.

Bark Psychosis
David Sylvian
No-man
Tim Bowness
All > the artists you listed
>Haha i said what you said even though it can't accurately be applied haha how'd you like that

Go back to your echo chambers on Tumblr and Reddit, the music i listen to never gets posted on Sup Forums unless i'm the one to post it.

>hear an actual grimes song the other day
>want to know what people are saying
>remember the memes about Sup Forums being in love with her
>visit Sup Forums
>thread one on page one is about grimes

it's real. Anyway, genesis is a great song and grimes is very cute. SHe's got that super uninformed artsy girl vibe going.

>All > the artists you listed
Keep dreaming. BTW I like Bark Psychosis. And IMO, Talk Talk > Bark Psychosis.

>Go back to your echo chambers on Tumblr and Reddit, the music i listen to never gets posted on Sup Forums unless i'm the one to post it.
You keep repeating the same things like a robot. I don't know what you're trying to prove. You're bragging about obscure music, just like a hipster. Man, I hate hipsters.

BTW I listen to way more music than that. I have over 3000 albums in my library and I listened to at least 2000 of them so far.

You word your arguments like a high schooler
>just like a hipster, man, i hate hipsters
Also don't try to give weight to your posts by stating how many albums you own, reeks of what children do
>i can run faster than you can haha look how far i can piss

Talk Talk is comparable to Bark Psychosis, but i enjoy BP's focus on ambiance rather than Mark Hollis' chamber jazz influences.

Also if you haven't heard all the artists besides the most popular one i planted don't bother replying with an opinion.

>You word your arguments like a high schooler
I word my arguments to be clear and simple, that even an idiot like you could understand them.

>Also if you haven't heard all the artists besides the most popular one i planted don't bother replying with an opinion.
I'm done with you, you're just a pretentious wanker. A hipster wanker.

>Openly admit having an opinion when one hasn't listened to the music

Keep calling me a hipster, it really hurts my pride ya know, it's really doing something.

Also don't resort to ad hominem attacks when confronted, it belies your idiocy, although im doubtful you even know what a logical fallacy is.

>I'm just so like omg done with you >:(
Like i said before, go back to Tumblr and talk about your special snowflake musicians.

How do you define bland pop? More specifically, what are some examples of pop music you would consider NOT to be bland?

>doesn't deny being a hipster
Hey - at least you're slightly self-aware.

>oh look, another gr*mes thread

Troll or not fucking kill yourself