How about a general life thread Sup Forums?

How about a general life thread Sup Forums?
I wanna hear about your achievements and failures. Your favorite memories, your most painful. Tell me Sup Forumsrothers
>Movie in pic is my favorite atm

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vYAxkRAQ_CQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

im writing a book. its hard but rewarding. no idea if anyone will want to read it.

Give me a general run down of what it's about

The economic impacts of social welfare spending in the USA

Respectable, is it gonna be formal or opinionated?

Formal, I have professional training as a social scientist, but I'm not employed as one. And I have my opinions, but I'd prefer to deal with the truth rather than my own biases. It's worth more to me and everyone else that way.

What's you line of work then?

>have a gf in hs
>fall pretty hard for each other
>travel 1000 miles to see her when she had to move away
>tells me she loves me and wont get a bf
>i go to college after 2 weeks of staying with her
>make honor roll
>this summer rolls up
>so i call her up to let her know im gonna travel 1000 miles again to see her
>she tells me shes excited
>1 week before I leave tells me she has a new bf
fuckin hurts Sup Forums

I'm in insurance. Risk analysis and the quantitative study of social outcomes overlap a lot in the methodology.

My stomach just dropped a little bit, that bitch

>most painful memories: being stood up by a group of people and realizing they were playing a joke on me, and that I had no friends
>favorite memories: finding people that called me their friend

fucking whores, they do that shit at the drop of a hat.

I hate fighting outside a ring or cage but I might have to beat the shit out of this loudmouth retard to set an example

that sucks. where did you find your new friends?

>last week of school
>"friends" and i have been planning on eating at buffalo wild wings as celebration
>day before, everyone cancels
>eh whatever
>day we planned to go, "friends" taking pictures at bww
>tfw i dont actually have friends
>feels.jpg
>day after one of them asks why i didnt go
Give me a reason to not off myself

Most painful memory is when my Ex told me it would be funny if I would kill myself.
I can't find any distinct favorite memories, I guess when I improve my skills in art and hang out with people who consider me a friend. But my achievement thus far in my life is I haven't an hero'd yet, and don't plan to.

irc and Sup Forums, met about half of them and they are all awesome.

for fucking years I felt left out, it's nice to not feel that way for once

life is unpredictable, something good might turn up, keep rollin the dice Sup Forumsro

Keep your head held high. Improve yourself physically and mentally. Become a person you'd be proud to be friends with. And then you'll find yourself having to turn people down because so many people want to be your friend.

Being young is hard on a lot of people. For the folk who weren't king or queen of high school, it gets better as you get older. I promise, friend.

that makes me happy. im glad for you. i guess Sup Forums is good for something after all!

What movie is that

Love you Sup Forumsros

The Road Within, beautiful movie

The day I finally accepted that no one actually liked me and were just using me was liberating.
Everyone had high hopes for me in terms of going far in life and many great achievements. I put so much work into living up to it, but gave up when it got me nowhere and I saw people who slacked off become successful.
I can't think of a favorite memory.

OP here, what's everyone listening to? I'm really into Hozier at the moment.

Also writing a book. Don't know what yours is about, but mines epic fantasy. Getting the world design and lore consistent is the hardest part. A lot of fun but and it keeps me occupied.

Challenges you're facing? Besides the lore and whatnot

Achievements: none

Failures: all of them, including the failure to have self-pwned as of yet

How about some memories? Favorite toy maybe?

Probably just finding the time to write in between work and other commitments. Plus writers block. Other than that everything's all good.

I'll make a burner email of you're willing to share with me?

what kind of stuff do you read for inspiration? who are your favorite authors?

Nah all good. Totally secretive about what I'm writing. Haven't even told my partner. Thanks anyway.

What movie is that OP?

I hope you finish it, and I hope a publisher likes it enough to publish it. Good luck.

The Road Within

His voice is amazing I'd fuck it 100% homo

Other fantasy books, history books about medieval and the Middle Ages. Read a lot of historical mythology primarily about Greek and Viking culture. Also play video games and watch TV shows and movies. Gotta be careful to not borrow to much from other people's work and history however.

I would too

peewee longway and kevin gates

I've failed a lot over the last 5 years and I feel like I'm finally starting to climb my way back up. The only thing is I haven't had friends in so long that I don't know if I ever will again. I've spent my entire life pretty lonely, it's hard to imagine things being different somehow.

>Demonstrate the logical thinking and prioritizing skills of a schizophrenic toddler
>BAAAAWWW WHY DON'T BIG STUPID MEN RESPECT US BAAAAAWWWW

Why can't any of us find women who aren't balls-out retarded? I HAPPILY settle down a 6/10 butterface if she had more than two brain cells to rub together

Just saw trailer
Looks like 6/10
Would not watch

much byzantine? thats a cool area that is underexploited. you should go read some highly successful non-fantasy fiction so that you know what good writing is. a lot of people have good ideas but they still cant write for shit.

well, most guys in Sup Forums dont socialize irl enough to meet a girl that's cool. they just get burned a few times and withdraw into wizard apprenticeship. then they crib.

Hormonal birth control makes them even crazier than normal.

Also, adolescent girls are fucking retarded by nature.

Age + no birth control leads to sanity.

>married 11 years

I personally enjoy it as I used to suffer from anorexia, so I can relate.

Crowning moment was in ROTC so the TLDR for that, military program for highschool. Anyway, I'm still a new poster an haven't figured out green text so I'll do my best.
Sophomore year I was rising through the cadet enlisted ranks.
Made it to petty officer 3rd class (navy unit E-3
The "chief's board" was approaching (super tough multi-day event to see if your good enough to make Cheif)
My senior instructor come up to me
"Hey user, you wanna do this thing"
Me? Holyshit.jpeg
Say yes would be honored
Next day PT
FML .jpeg Cheif mile sucked nut of you want a killer workout ask for it, but it's too long o go into.
Me and a junior are the only two of five to finish.
Next day come in so early suns not up.
Get put inside a 3x3x6 box.
Get verbally drilled on navy knowledge
Get tested on formation proficiency
Think I did good
Still nervous as fuck
Get interrogated by my superiors
Dark room, flood light, everything.
That night comes around go watch midnight show for the winter soldier.
Get home too late for sleep
Stay up until repeating abuse the next day.
Drag ass through school
The day comes
Three of the 10+ candidates are told to wear uniforms the next day.
Two of those three get promoted
I am one of them
HOLYFUCKINGSHIT.jpeg
I beat the best of the best
First sophomore in four years to do so
Feels good man

>parents pay for me to go to a great private school
>graduate with honors
>go to college, get addicted to oxy, dropout
>get addicted to heroin back home
>finally kick the habit at 23 yrs old
>all my (rich) private school friends move on to great jobs. marriage, life
>still stuck at home, recently unemployed
>mom keeps blaming it on herself. dad in england blames it on the divorce when I was 13
>too self involved to kill myself
>too indecisive to make hard choices

I'm fine. I'm OK/happy most of the time, but when I look at the big picture my life is pathetic.

I caught a fish today

man this pic makes me sad, reminds me of when i was in a relationship

my achievements i guess was getting laid at 17 and having a steady job right now that i enjoy

my failures was probably being something like how i decided to go to a community college to transfer out but im about to be in my second year but wont transfer in two years, watching my old high school friends at an actual uni or state college is depressing

favorite memories was probably when i had a gf

most painful is probably in the process because my parents are divorcing, dad has leukemia, and my dog that i grew up with is dying at age 14

im only 19

a lot of respected people got a late start. figure out how to use your life experiences to be a stronger person. like, use your frustration at your lack of progress to work harder than the people around you. make up for the lost time. good luck friend.

youtube.com/watch?v=vYAxkRAQ_CQ

some good ol moonman

story

I got one for you OP. this just happened today
>be at work, helping some kid through a coding problem (I work at a place that teaches basic programming to kids)
>some other kid comes up to me, demanding my attention, we'll call this kid L for future reference
>L wants me to help him mod his minecraft sword (we teach minecraft modding in java aswell).
>tell L that I'll get to him after I'm done with current kid
>L doesn't say anything just starts bouncing up and down like a retard
>okwhatever I go back to helping student
>Not 10 seconds after I turn around L has unplugged his laptop and puts it on top of my student's and DEMAND that I make the sword for him
>This is not the first time L has done this
>I take laptop and put it back to where its supposed to be, tell him he has to wait like everybody else
>finally finished with earlier student, go over to L
>he's sitting there with his head in his hands not doing anything
>tell him I'm here and we can get started
>he's just got his head in his arms like he's crying
>ask him if he's crying
>he shakes his head in the affirmative
>oh come on, I call his bullshit, tell him to show me his tears
>he looks up, there's big ass years rolling down his cheeks
>ohshit.jpg
>spend the next 10 minutes making his MC sword as cool as possible to get him to stop crying like a whiny bitch
>we still get a call from his mom at the end of the day about how I don't pay enough attention to her kid

I fucking hate this kid.

If you spent your whole life lonely you wouldn't really give a shit

fucking kids need to grow up sometime. i was like that one time until my shit got slapped, then i acted right.

Yeah I know. 23 is young. Lots of people change careers and life goals late in life and all that...but it definitely sucks when you know you're at a pivotal moment in your life yet you're so paralyzed with the idea of making a decision about what to do.

Too many times have I made a decision only for it to fall apart a few months into the plan.

I get overwhelmed with how many choices there are in life...

Hahaha you stupid faggot

Has a long distant relationship
That's when you get nudes and end it

sounds like you need a solid partner to rely on and help you get through the difficult times. but that's not easy to get until you have your shit together. catch22

Get off the thread, don't want negativity in here you inbred

hes right about the second part though

You seem to be the type of person who has zero idea as to what they want to do in life. I was the same. I took a gap year and traveled around Asia and Europe. Really put some things into perspective and gave me a better understanding of myself.

thats the most cliche shit ever

taking a break to travel and do what? see and experience something for a year or so?

you still have to snap back into reality, idk how that gives you a better perspective into anything but props to u

True

calm your fucking ego man

yeah i dont get how borrowing money from mom and dad to go on a trip makes you understand what you want out of life.

kind of like, cheesy

its pretty fucking stupid, you dont come to terms with yourself for putting up with a shitty flight to a shit hole country to do tourist shit

what you need to do is have no money and go traveling across america with your best friend or something to really come with terms with yourself

Most of my romantic relationships can be more or less referred to as flings. Still really great girls, but no one I really could connect with.

Yeah one of my best friends from HS just took a 6 month trip around Asia after graduating college. Really proud of that dude.

But that takes some money, and I'm broke as fuck after 5 years being addicted to opiates. I can't even take a road trip to put it into perspective, but maybe that's be being pessimistic.

You're right about me not knowing what the fuck I want to do with my life though.

So you use your parents money to "put things into perspective?" Bullshit, that's so fucking common to do it's sad

>green text?

newfag leave

Spicfag here, sorry for bad engrish
>From my teens to early 20´s i was doing pretty well, a lot of friends, decent amount of sex, some gf, etc.
>At my mid 20 my life went totally downhill, drop college, lost friends and developed a years long depression, ah and no more sex for me.
>Late 20´s i was seriously thinking about an hero, too pussy to deliver btw.
> At 29 i decided i´ve had enough of shitty life so i left my stupid dead end job, went back to my mom´s house to save some money and started uni again.
34 YO and doing decent in life, but i can´t stop thinking about all the time i wasted because of stupidity, but i guess it´s never too late for giving yourself a second chance.

>I wanna hear about your achievements and failures.

I designed microchips that have been used in pace makers, the Patriot Missile, and the Space Shuttle.

I wrote CAD programs that were used to design the Intel microchips your equipment is using right now.

Yet I find myself now a middle aged man without reward or distinction. The start-up companies I joined failed, the larger companies promoted more politically astute employees to the executive levels.

When I see a group of older people, I think to myself that one of them probably has a device I helped design keeping them alive, but nobody knows it.

just think about the people who never wise up enough to get their second chance. good luck to you!

Achievements: high school was good to me. i had the best of friends. i was mainly a dick through high school which i really regret now. went to high school prom with the hottest chick from that previous senior year. got my associates of science and arts degree, workin towards a bachelors in civil engineering.

failures: banging the hot chick after prom, all my relationships through high school, being physically fit, getting employed.

my favorite memories are when id go to the movies with my grandparents. worst memories is all the awkward shit i did in school.

Thanks user, i think that´s the point, you can always improve your life.

M8 lifes unfair, some people will have better opportunities than other. Doesnt discredit anything.

Dunno. Everything I've done with my life interests no one but myself, and since I ended up having to move back home with my parents because of it, it hasn't been the most rewarding experience. I haven't really grown as a person because of it, just became more apathetic and crazy.
This is definitely one of the lower periods of my life. Need to find a way to sustain financial independence but that doesn't seem very feasible at the moment.

>Be early twenties
>Pleb-tier, shitty job
>Lots of friends
>Cute gf and constant sex
>Have a little over a year left of university hopefully
>Fucking detest school more than anything
>Just want to finish and move on, and get a real goddamn job

learn a trade like diesel mechanic, welder, master mason, shit like that

I really liked this one girl when we both met. I thought she was the greatest tbh. Turned out she liked me, so we dated for 9 months, but the last 3-4 months she was acting weird. Then the one day, she just straight up said she didn't really feel the spark anymore, and that we can't be dating. That crushed me honestly. I had chest pains for two weeks when that happened. But at least I'm over her now and I'm having a gr8 time being single (plz send gf)

good job getting over that shit. it can be really hard.

Hmm. Don't see why not. Enjoy learning new trades for the novelty value. Thanks, user.

same shit here man, same time period and everything, but the only difference is that i ended it not her

still felt great being single and its been almost two years since a gf and its starting to suck

>achievements
scored out of paying for college
>failures
Relationship department, squandering my talents in pursuit of academics
>memories
When my family was whole, at least when the illusion was maintained for us chilluns
>painful memories
prom night, or the lack thereof
sounds like some retarded shit but everything hit me at once
Trying to talk about myself less but you never know when somebody could use it

Thanks mate. Means a lot. But the stupid thing was, she dumped me because a friend of hers told her to. She didn't even question or hesitate even. People these days, I'm telling you.

javascript:quote('689846714'); damn that shit was deep

RIP her. I feel the same way man, sucks ass, but doesnt at the same time.

yea because you're experiencing the hiatus from being locked down to being completely free

i tried filling that feeling by getting an awesome job, college, hanging more with friends

but those all kinda wore off and now im in seek of gf plz send gf

I can relate with you about the prom stuff, I remember sitting all by myself and looking at pictures of everyone at prom on social media, and It all hit me at once, seeing this girl I like loved I guess with somebody at prom was shit, nothing feels worst than a missed opportunity.

take a shower and put yourself out there with your "seeking party" flag turned on

ah i had it off this whole time, silly me

fuq there really is no hope is there

Same here
Well best of luck to your future pursuits, man

Achievments: Becoming a two year varsity starter on wrestling team, league champ. Losing 50 lbs

Failures: Asking out a girl but then says she has a boyfriend, almost dropped out, didnt get accepted into a university

nope!

Same to you friend

you must be really young

everyone on Sup Forums is 16 during the summer