I'm so tired of it

I'm so tired of it

Real life: my political views are better than yours, let's fight about it.

Video games: my console is better than yours, let's fight about it.

Virtual Reality: my headset is better than yours, let's fight about it.

Is our species is fucked no matter which world we choose to live in?

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/Vive/comments/4nxpnq/fuck_facebook_and_fuck_oculus/
theverge.com/2016/5/21/11729188/oculus-rift-update-revive-app-block-htc-vive
youtube.com/watch?v=eM8jnnuZW4Y
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

you sound like a typical circumcised faggot

Spec wise I think the htc vive is the better headset, better resolution and stuff. Plus it's being made by steam and samsung isnt it?

VIVE IS BETTER

No, let's fight about it.

Steam and htc. Don't get me wrong I love the tech on both sides, but already the whole "community" is split and arguing over stupid shit.

>the htc vive
>being made by samsung
>htc
>samsung
Are you fucking retarded?

If your question is "does improvement require struggle" then the answer is yes. If your question is "should I whine about that like a girl" then the answer is no.

If you have a better solution, offer it. Just be prepared to defend it rather than trying to whine your way out.

I don't keep up with all the different phone companies tbh, i figured htc was a sub rbanch of samsung or something

I bought the s7 edge and got a free gear VR. It's fun for about 45 minutes then I get a headache. It gets old fast.

doesn't matter, Oculus is shilling all the games on their side.

reddit.com/r/Vive/comments/4nxpnq/fuck_facebook_and_fuck_oculus/

theverge.com/2016/5/21/11729188/oculus-rift-update-revive-app-block-htc-vive

I hate that dirty dirty jew... problem is I'm german, so I'm a nazi by default.

i'll probably get the Playstation VR just to experience the gimmick. My computer can run an oculus but I don't really want to spend $600 for something I'll probably only use a few times.

That's pretty fucking stupid, I don't really know any of the games they listed though so hopefully they don't try to do exclusives with games I play

The morpheus only supports like 90% of your line of site doesnt it? I'd say it's worse than even the occulus

FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT OCCULUS WENT BACK ON EVERY FUCKING THING THEY PROMISED.

THEY SHOULD ALL FUCKING KILL THEMSELVES NOW!

Fucking Jew whores, every single one of them.

I tend to be oddly neutral when it comes to... well everything. Yeah I'm kinda whining about it, but am I wrong?

I got into tech junk because I thought it was somewhere that people didn't really care about being better, just about moving forward. Looking back that was kinda naive, but is there nothing that the entirety of us as humans can agree on?

I don't care about having the best performance, I just want it for the gimmick to play random goofy stuff.

Nope. Conflict and contest drive improvement.

>people have different opinions
>disagreement creates tension
>tension can potentially lead to violence
>"GUUUUUYS, WHY CAN'T WE ALL GET ALOOOONG?!"

If half of the planet violently murdered the other half tomorrow, we'd actually tremendously extend the lifespan of our entire species...and likely that of several hundred other animals dependent on the balance of ecosystems we've trashed.

The human race won't be fucked until we can't feed ourselves, make new humans, treat injuries and illnesses well enough that the birth rate still exceeds the death rate, or lose the ability to create and maintain habitable environments.

tl;dr - We are not ever going to stop fighting, period. That's one of the few ways natural selection still has a hand in human development. Conflict and competition. There will always be winners and losers, because even if we develop a flawless utopian society there will be people in it who get poisoned by ideology that wasn't erased from our archives because some idealistic twats thought we'd advanced far enough to handle seeing our ugly past. Someone, somewhere, will always find a way to fuck ANYTHING up for EVERYONE else.

And you know what? The human race will go on. People there will be people whose interests are threatened by the dumb shit other people set into motion, and these people protecting their interests are likely to be vastly more competent.

Or, preferably, it won't be up to us: our machine overlords will treat us like the bumbling dipfucks we all are and manipulate just about every aspect of our lives. And the masses will probably cry harder about it than your mother after her fourth failed coat-hanger abortion, but it won't matter because they won't have our failings...and by the time they're capable of taking over, they'll be capable of developing faster than we can keep up with.

My point is, WHY THE FUCK DOES IT MATTER?
Don't like it? Get a vive.
Don't care? Get an oculus, the tech is still awesome.
If you truly believe you have the correct opinion, then just wait a few years. If you're right, oculus will die off.

Serious sam turned down the offer from oculus.

But it is expected that they offer all of the "bigger"-fishes a shitton of money.

If I was a dev, I don't know if I wouldn't turn my soul in for that bittersweet facebook money.

On the other hand, many of these devs have also declared that they only agreed about timley exclusives and that the vive version would still make an appearance later.

Whole VR market is fucked up tho. I kinda studied that shit and what we are trying to do right now (vive and oculus) is nowhere near what we COULD do for the same money.

It's sad seeing technology getting cut down by shilling companies.

I AM right.

Open source? NOPE!

Oculus-store only DRM? YEP!

Lie to customers about DRM? YEP!

Fuck Oculus.

Wow, this thread degenerated to an actual VR discussion instead of the philosophic quandary OP posed. As usual the below average intelligence primates drag everything down to the lowest common denominator. Now someone will call me a whiny faggot to try to impress the other knuckle-draggers and fulfill his destiny of believing hostility means a better life lived.

youtube.com/watch?v=eM8jnnuZW4Y

Fuck Oculus.

Humans are immature as fuck.

we're literally the most mature species on the planet

That's not true in this particular case.

Like I said before, we could be much further by now.

In our lab, we recreated something very very similiar to the vive for military use for "somewhat" less cost. I said somewhat because this isn't a consumer product and therefore it costs a premium.

What I wanted to say is that these two companies could do more with their product, but the consumer does not care about what the product is capable of, so it get's cut down.

Graphics cards. They could be 10 times as efficient and 10 times as fast, but they just add another 20% every few years so that the customer thinks that there is innovation.

They plan in the long run, and that's the problem with this contest. You want to release just the bare minimum the consumer is satified with and that beats the competition. You won't blow out everything you have.

The *lack* of competition would make it even worse, though. Just because competition hasn't forced them to give 100% doesn't mean that removing it wouldn't bring them to giving 1%.

First, see:
Second: everyone hates belligerence. It's aggression taken too far, like getting alcohol poisoning instead of a pleasant buzz. Similarly, everyone hates spineless cowardice and the cuck-faggotry people associate with male feminism and PC or SJW appeasers.

But I wouldn't be surprised if you call me a knuckle-dragger or make a Drumpf joke or some equally inane shit because I'm disagreeing with you. The point here is that it's in our nature to respond to adversity with fear and placation or hostility and aggression. Historically, the appeasers used to die out because the aggressors would burn down their houses, steal all of their shit, and buttfuck their headless corpses on the altars of whatever god they worshipped. Then the aggressors got the idea to keep the appeasers alive by turning them into slaves, or letting them build up their towns and shit so they could build up their stores of food and wine and shit--thus, the bitch gene was allowed to flourish.

I don't think anyone is saying we all need to beat our chests, smear on war paint, and go beat someone to death with a golf club for thinking differently. But we ARE saying that the right to disagree and get pissed about it is something worth defending. Believing in free speech means protecting ALL speech. It doesn't mean anyone needs to listen, and it doesn't mean you can't respond to the speakers as the situation demands.

I wouldn't be surprised if Nvdia and ATI do not have some "gentleman's agreement" between them.

Competition has its place, but when it's down to 2, it's almost the same as a monopoly.

dont be poor, get both

You need a decently powerful PC to run good VR. Try Elite Dangerous.

Ok, got a laugh out of that. Especially the file name. Thanks for that.

I had no clue of any of this. Fuck those niggers. Then again steam can suck a cock too.

We just didn't gaf about OPs post. It's an old and boring topic at this point to most of us.

Non-mutiliated dicks are better than mutiliated dicks. Lets fight about it.