I NEED HELP /b !!!!!

I NEED HELP /b !!!!!

So i have a bit of an issue i have no idea how im going to power my gtx 660 i am trying to install it in my inspiron 660 pc and basically have no idea what im doing, do i need a diff power supply ???

What is the wattage of your power supply, should be in big numbers right on the side.

Needs more magnets around the CPU fan. Will make it spin faster.

Yes, I'd go for a better power supply. The shitmyou find in prebuilts are usually barely enough to handle the PC in the first place.

Go buy a cheap 450-600watt PSU.

Also don't know how old the hardware is, make sure you get a PSU that has the correct amount of pins you need for your 660

Get more of that power cord and splice it into the existing cord. It might not have enough wattage though

Also, just saw the case.
Fan is I the way of the main PCI slot, no open port next to it.

PREBUILTS KEK

the orange sata cable may be a bit of a stretch around the card. the card goes into the pci-e slot. just google it

Show us a picture of you trying to fit the card in to see if there are any physical restrictions that may have to be removed.

wattage is 300 and it fits in there just cant get power to it

I think you need a new PSU mate even if you gehtto rigged it I wouldn't trust that power supply to run it properly. Good news is power supplies don't get outdated quickly and can be sensibly recycled into a new PC build.

www.ibuypower.com - get a gaming rig

Yes. Your PS is way too basic. Go get a 700wat or some shit like that

I run a 670 on a corsair cx 430 dude.

OP here : would it be ok to switch the CPU's or would that be a bad idea the only reason im switching pcs is for the i5 im currently on a core 2 duo

The fan isn't in the way. most graphics cards only extend a few millimeters from the top of the PCI slot.

OP it looks like your computer comes with a 300 watt power supply. So you'll definitely want to upgrade to at least a 450 watt.

700 watt? what the fuck.

it looks like you need a new powersupply

i would recommend (based on pic) something that is 500w 80+ rated (because a cheep powersupply will just break on you and likely kill something on the way out) in your graphics cards box you will see an adaptor with 2 white plugs ending in 1 smaller black 6 - 8 pin plug

(you'll know its the right one when you see it, it will have 2 yellow wires 2 black and 2 brown) when you get the new powersupply if it DOESN'T have a 6 or 8 pin plug like the end of the adapter then use 2 of the 4 pin plugs and use the adaptor (the 4 pin plugs will have a yellow wire 2 black wires and a red wire)

good luck

Yes, before you change out any hardware, you need to kill yourself

So you're switching your graphics card from another PC? Why not use the power supply from the old PC? Also, the processor has to have a specific socket, so switching them probably won't work.

ahaha great post man

Definitely gonna need a bigger power supply. While your at it, you may want to consider getting a bigger case. You may not need it know, but it will be very helpful if you want to add more stuff later on. It's pretty simple to swap everything over to a new case.

Whatever you do, make sure the power supply will fit whatever case you decide to use.

thank you all sooooo much, Sup Forums u guys are the best fags any one could ever ask for

yeah? you like it? does that mean I can put my dick down your throat now?

yeah get a shitty /will instantly break tier pc from i buy shitty cunt ware.
yeah do something that stupid

your a cunt

yes you will, and you may need to remove the hard drive holder.
that should be all

you're such a fucking tease.

marry me

i took apart my desktop 2 years ago i have some funny screenshots from Sup Forums if i post picks will you guys help me put it back together

Post em nigger.