ITT we post personal Special Ops. Experience. Not mine. My fathers. My old man was TAC SAC, and AFSOC...

ITT we post personal Special Ops. Experience. Not mine. My fathers. My old man was TAC SAC, and AFSOC. He never told me about his experience, but I know he carried a weapon, and he cried on the opening scene of The Delta Force everytime we watched it. I know the Pentagon knows more about my old man than I do. He served in Vietnam, and Desert Storm. My earliest memories are of him in camo, and black boots, shipping out. He would be gone for months. Do any of you bros have family that served? Anyone have family that served in AFSOC in the early 90s?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=McVZ63bBA4c
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

when I was in highschool, I fapped under the desk in class without anybody noticing.

it was pretty intense but I made it through. That memory will stay with me forever.

Nobody? Sorry guys. My old man served with distinction. I guess nobody you know served his country.

AFSOC is Air Force Special Operations Command. Just fyi.

My grandfather was special forces airborne in nam
>rangers lead the way
Never talks about it
Once mentioned a field of bodies
That was absolutely it

You should ask a different board
I don't know which one, but probably not Sup Forums

Thank your old man. Airborne are the best. OP here. Airborne and the Jolly Greens are the only men my father ever said he respected, and he was special ops himself. He never would talk about Vietnam. He had scars, I asked as a youth why he had them (asked my mother, I was a little kid, she told me never to ask again). Airborne is the best, besides the Jolly Greens, bravest men to ever roam the earth, at least thats how my mother put it.

> Uncle Nam forward recon
> Talked about piling the bodies in camp then sitting around to eat
> Talked about men running back to the helo when dropped off to replenish the platoon (Dope on a rope)
> Died a very angry, bitter man, never got over it.

No bullshit in this thread. That famous pic of the Huey on the Saigon building. My old man was scheduled to be on that chopper, so was my nurse mom. My old man got called away at the last second, and mom mom didnt go (she was not required to go, she only had the option of flying with her husband.) Both parents had been married before to diff. spouses. Only learned this after I turned 20. Thanks to all men who served our country.

>he cried at the opening scene of delta force

lmfao hate to break it to you...your dad was a faggot

>Dad was a faggot.

What did your father do?

I want this noted. user called my old man a fag. user has never seen combat in his life. Proof in the medals my old man won.

dude he cried..at a fucking MOVIE just..no real men do not fucking cry at movies.

I worded it poorly. He would turn off the movie (back in VHS days) and get teary eyed and not want to talk. But maybe he saw something you have never seen. I know he had friends that died in combat. Maybe just maybe it hit too close to home. I'm not posting this shit for my own benefit. Please have a little respect for my father that served his country.

cried...movie

You're right, we both used to cry at movies, bec. were both fags. But please check this pic bef. you call my old man a fag again. Post the medals you won, compare them, then reply. I'm not posting for my own benefit. But I respect what my father did for this country. No bullshit, I want to see any medals you have won.

NOT SPAM NOT DUPLICATE YOU FAGGOT MODS

Why don't you go to the army and see if you still say the same thing. Fuck off

Got any stories?

But hey bro, at least you probably have good memories of your dad. My best memories are taking him to the base in our old buick, he was wearing fatigues, combat boots, and English Leather Cologne. So appreciate the memories you have. I dont have many, but nothing I posted here was bullshit.

I dont think you saw everything posted. I'm OP, Son of the guy that everyone is calling a faggot. I was being sarcastic. Also, my father would be turning in his grave if his son joined any branch besides the Air Force. I dont plan on joining any branch, but I have applied to my cities police academy. Whatever. Good job, good pay, good benefits..

Very few. I know that he was shown Israeli camo, the Israelis demonstrated it for him, It wasnt a ghilli suit... He had no idea that somebody was standing next to him until they moved. True fucking story. Also, he had boots that didnt leave footprints, and weapons that wouldnt hold fingerprints. Think I'm bullshitting all you want. Doesnt mean anything to me. He taught me how to shoot and walk without making noise. He would just show up in your door all of a sudden, but he was the cool parent. My mom was the hard ass. He never did talk about his service though. I got more stories. All unbelieveable. Whatever. I get no kicks from posting this.

My father was supposed to be on the last flight out of Saigon that got shot down, but he was called away at the last second, so was my nurse mother. My father would regularly get called away, have a briefcase handcuffed to him on a c-130 with a small group of guys, and wind up in a desert airstrip. He never would talk much about what he did. I asked my mom once why he had a big scar on his back. I was told never to mention it again. When he was stationed in Spain his life was threatened, and the Air Force took my family into protective custody (Late 80s). Believe what you want. Everything I posted is the god damn truth.

My mother told me most of this, my father only told me very little. I did find his .38 when I was young. I thought it was a present to me (he had just started teaching me how to shoot). He told me it was a weapon he was required to carry at all times even after retirement. Check my second pic posted. My old man retired a LT. Col. in the US Air Force. A very well decorated AF COL.

cant post right now but i got silver for second place in the state meme-off championships. check it bruh my OC. i didnt even cry. save it if you must.

youtube.com/watch?v=McVZ63bBA4c

That shits crazy m8

>be me
>be biology student
>have hobbies of paintball, martial arts, Splinter Cell shit
>be not doing well in school
>be doing pretty bad
>contacted by government
>they help me get my shit together
>afterwards
>they send me off to another country to study
>I'm to report on my findings of a few people from memory, no notes, no recording devices, no nothing
>I send casual looking emails back to my country that are coded messages
>go back
>go back to studying biology
>didn't do any action shit or anything
>there wasn't supposed to be action shit or anything
>my ignorance would've kept me safe if I was somehow found anyway

So, how do you walk without making a sound?

It definately aint a boring life. As far as the desert airstrips go, my old man once said he was called away, put on a plane, and had a briefcase handcuffed to his wrist (For some reason he also had the keys, bec. some of the guys he was with asked him to open it and look at the orders) He told me he wouldnt do it, and he thinks he landed in China, but he was put on an aircraft blinded with no info. And he wouldnt open that briefcase. He was a patriot. All he really told me about was being cuffed to a briefcase and flown across the globe. My mom told me more. He passed away bef. I could really get to know him well. But he was a retired Lieutenant Colonel for the US AF. And he loved what he did. I know he carried a pistol for years. He taught me how to shoot, and he could walk without making noise. In Spain, the USAF would regularly come into our house and yard and sweep it for bombs, his name was on a big list of AF officers that were threatened by extremists. Believe what you want, but its all truth. Promise. It was my life.

>and he could walk without making noise.
user, share with the class.
How do you walk like a ninja?

That's pretty crazy, I bet hE loved his job

He would walk on the balls of his feet. I guess it became a habit for him. But he would put the weight of every step on his toes, and set down the rest of the foot. I know it sounds crazy, but after a while you can even run like that. He was a large man, but damn if you never heard him coming. He walked like a fucking Navajo Indian. All the weight on the ball of the foot, methodically spread to the heel. Never made a god damn sound.

bread on your feet. not even kidding.

thats how the cringe heads walk in my school. from ball to heel. looks cringey af tbh

No bullshit, my father told me Wool makes a good slipper that doesnt leave tracks. Deadens the sound, and leaves only very slight marks in the dirt. But fuck knows how he knew that.

Mine walk from their heel to the top of their toes, they look stupid af

weird...are u eastcoast or west?

That's how I learned to stealth walk, except a little different.

>weight on back leg
>set down foot on balls of feet
>lower foot from balls to heel
>then shift weight onto front leg

It's proper running technique, maybe it translates to more natural walking.

SF

Stuff like fuzzy slippers is good for dampening loud noise a lot, but it generates noise of its own.

It's good for the loud side of the spectrum, but from complete silence to minimal noise, it's counterproductive.

If there's ambient noise like a busy street, bread on feet would be a good idea.

In complete silence, it's all technique. The bread rustling would be noise in a noiseless environment.

True, wool makes its own sound, but if you're being tracked, wool slippers make almost un noticeable tracks. Good if you got sheep nearby, and need to not make footprints. Thanks guys for making my thread last. I'm the OP with the AF officer father. He served well, and was special forces, and I really appreciate what he did, even if I was young and dont know the half of it. I do know, everything I posted wasnt bullshit, and he earned every single ounce of respect possible. Nothing I posted was bullshit. Lived in Spain, Father AFSOC colonel, etc.

Why are you being a police officer? Do you think most cops are bad cops?
What do you think makes a good cop?

My grandfather was a paratrooper/snipee based out in Palestine. He always had some good stories.
One time he had to set up a sniping position on a ridge overlooking a street near a mosque and his job was to shoot anyone who came around the corner. Women, children, animals etc.
Another time his job was to learn to load his rifle in complete silence. The military police would put him in a shed and stand outside the door and if they heard a click they would go in, beat the living shit out of him and make him start again till he got it right.
I miss the old bastard.

>taking the bait

Of course not, I believe most law enforcement officers are good men (or women). I have applied to my local PD academy bec. I'm too old for military service. But my grandfather was a sheriff, and my father was a military colonel. I feel like I should contribue somehow. And, I feel that a good cop is a man who really cares about his community (cliche as it sounds) Many officers really do care about their community, and I honestly do love my city and want to help people.

A lot of my experiences with cops were cops who weren't educated at all in psychology and human behavior, but think they know things about human behavior, and then show how delusional they are.
They also show themselves to be manipulative assholes, but it's a little understandable because they try to stay above of manipulative asshole criminals, but since they're so uneducated in human behavior and are give power, the end up just generally being ignorant, delusional, assholes.

I didn't do shit every single time, but I only had maybe 3 good encounters with police, when I've encountered them at least 7 times.

Its true, many law enforcement officers are dicks on power trips. But I went to college, Psychology was one of my best classes, I went for Commercial Aviation, received a pilots license, and the FAA vets all applicants with a psychology exam. I scored the highest in my class in the Knowledge test, The Oral Test, and the Practical Flight Exam. I love my city, I truly care for people, and I want to serve my community. I might not be fucking Maverick Top Gun like I wanted to when I was younger. But I have the capacity to serve my community, and I truly want to help people.