I dare someone to give me a logical reason for self harm...

I dare someone to give me a logical reason for self harm. It has got to be one of the most autistic thing I have ever heard of. Nothing is dumber.
>takes away the pain
get fucked

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_-pZUkqqlfI
twitter.com/AnonBabble

They are homosexual and realize God hates them.

The amusement of others?

im pretty sure anyone who self harms is only looking for attention. especially on your arm, why the fuck not on your leg? nobody will see it?

I want to hurt myself. Duh.

Honestly it's so stupid. The amount of people that I've asked and they have responded back with "it takes away the pain" is actually fucking embarrassing. It literally gives you pain.

Yeah attention, which shows you're a needy moron.

The closest thing to self harm I've ever done was that autistic abc challenge, I was 12 and wanted to be edgy

feels good

Sometimes it's about attention, but sometimes it's just an outlet i guess like the pain makes you forget about whatever is bothering you for the moment. I agree it's fucking stupid and if you do it for attention you can fuck off. But just like taking drugs when you feel like shit i think it can be an outlet for some people.

I don't deny that

Cutting relieves endorphins and endorphins relieve pain. It's just as easy as taking pills => getting high => forget pain. That's the theoretical reasoning behind it. Of course the logical thing to do is go to a friend or a doctor to help you with your mental state. If anyone here is depressed, hang in there. Lots of people love you!

I know someone who has resorted to cutting her legs for the longest time. Has schizophrenia and couldn't cope with it sometimes, told me she'd cut in the shower and that it gave her a feeling of control over herself again.

its sort of a substitution of emotional pain. Emotional pain is hard to deal with so cutters cause physical pain to personify their emotional pain

Drugs is so much different. People take drugs for enjoyment where as people cut themselves because they are edgy dickheads hur durh i am depressed

Endorphins it releases.
It's also a control thing, for some.

adrenalin rush

Yeah that's the main reason

simplefag, brain sends out endorphin's in reaction to physical pain, which brings relief to mental pain also, please educate yourself, lurk some more.

Maybe they do it to relieve pain but they're also huge attention seekers...

Glitching brain software that releases additional endorphins due to pain stimulus.

what do I win?

How's seeking attention a bad thing?
If someone doesn't feel well and wants to give a hint to other people, I think they have all the right to.

retardation is what it releases smh

"Hey I feel upset"
Na that won't work!!
>cutting will

Being one myself even I dont get that
>it takes away pain
meme
It doesnt take away pain is gives pain obviously but for me its kind of like getting high. The light-headed rush I get from cutting is the practically the same if not better than getting high.
>inb4 i bet you do it on your arms like a faggot for attention
which is the exact reason why i cut on my legs/upper thighs so no one sees even if I'm wearing boxers around someone

>implying cutters are mentally stable enough to seek attention in a normal way

If you do it on the down low and you enjoy it I would still say it's fucking stupid, but not as bad

You have D-R-U-G-S for shit like that mate

Self harm thread? Nice

had a friend who was a deep cutter, arms legs and tummy, said it wasnt for attention but thats all she fuckin talked about. Said it gives her control, implying she has no self control? shes bipolar but fucking retarded

shut up you fucking idiots

Well sometimes they just don't want to heal themselves. It's kind of an Eros & Thanatos thing, where they seek pleasure in pain. Depression is not easy to explain and to have a complete tunnel vision for it doesn't help them in any way.

Finally an user that understands me, take note you fucking mongs

The endorphin release is the best thing ive ever felt on this entire planet. I havent done it in 7 years and I can still feel the need to have that feeling wash over me again.

youtube.com/watch?v=_-pZUkqqlfI
kek

There are two reasons and they overlap.
1. For attention. People experiencig emotional stress often want help but for one reason or another feel unable to ask for it, demonstrating a need for help with something like visible harm is a way around this.

2. Physical pain is easier to handle than emotional pain. Some people who are suffering emotional stress they cant deal with find that it can be "overridden" so to speak by replacing it with some other kind of stimulus, be it physical pain or another form of emotional pain. There are lots of different ways people try to do this, hurting themselves, undereating ,overeating, damaging their appearance, not being hygenic etc. The goal is always to replace a stress that cant be dealt with with a stress that can

Psychologyfag here. It takes whatever invisible, emotional problem a person is dealing with and makes it a physical problem that can be seen and dealt with. Then it can become a habit/addiction, and even when it's not helping anymore and the cutter doesn't get the comfort or rush, it's just simply a habit and the thought "Why not?" occurs. It's just like any other habit a person develops over their lifetime, and it becomes hard to break even when there's no real reason for someone to keep doing it.

it is done 100% for attention and so the person doing it can feel "deep"

There's just no discussing with your kind of people. Your rebuttals are simple sophisms and you make simple minded suggestions.
It's your opinion of course but it's a poorly constructed one at that.

Wew lad.

Because it makes me horny

when you damage yourself your brain released endorphins, and people have been doing scarification and shit like that for thousands of years

Because veins in the arms are actually visible? They want to see blood I guess.

Its dumb when people do little superficial cuts in exposed places for attention, some people do it in places where it won't be seen and those are the people with actual issues and not faggot attention seekers

this is humoring

They like to look like a old hag.

/thread

Self harm cuts hurt, if they're on your legs they're gonna hurt everytime you walk.

And people can wear sleeves to cover the cuts, you know?

It's mostly about knowing you have the ability to destroy your body if you want. Same for anorexia, you know you have control. It's because of mental illness that makes you feel out of control

Or if they are near a sweaty place sting

You know its more common for people to hide self harm than to show it right?

I use to it a lot and most of the time is when I was drunk but I just liked it, burning yourself feels better almost feels like an orgasm

the entire concept of self harm is dumb. U cut to feel better, but then feel worse after when ur arm/leg is fucked full of visible scars which leads to more appearance issues. As i mentioned, my friend had confidence issues, bipolar, thinks she isnt attractive with scars. Well no fucking shit sherlock

The reson people talk about the attention seekers more is because they want attention, most self harming people keep it secret hence you wouldnt know..

what if you have a disease or something that makes it so you don't physically feel things sometimes and so to test if you are feeling things right now.

People want help and are too afraid to ask.
>inb4 " fucking pussies"

Personally I got started because it was a blood-drinking fetish, but then I just kept going. Anyway, the combination of the pain and watching the ugliness of the criss-crossed patterns is satisfying and distracts from other things. Stopped years ago but that's what it was about. I wouldn't call it a good reason; it's a maladaptive coping strategy. Better than shooting up in a dumpster.

i cut off 4 of my fingers and it takes away the pain

When i was little, there was an anime i loved
So i cut the name of the anime into my arm to see if i could make it "leave a mark"

I still have cory in the house engraved in my arm to this day

idk what to say user I'm pretty autisitc

believe it or not it's actually easier to hide on arms than legs as a gril

99.99999999999% of everything humans do is "illogical". Go home spock. Logic is one of the lowest forms of understanding.

>abc challenge
explain user

how can it be easier? ur not wearing sleeveless tops ever or wat?

but I cut myself for enjoyment user

There isn't much logic and reasoning behind it. It is an impulsive action. You do it because you want to do it. Your mind is not really capable of planning, analyzing things, making decisions, if you are severely depressed, anxious etc.

Self punishment, testing of ones limits, religious/cultural rituals,sexual gratification, attention seeking behavior, there's a host of reasons for self-harm. Are you stupid?

I have cuts in my leg but they don't hurt when i walk however it hurts more than wrists

cutting yourself has fewer long term repercussions as drug use, only thing is that it causes permanent mutilation

Release of powerful hormones and neurotransmitters from the adrenal glands and pituitary gland. /thread.

here is a dumb one, "testing your immunological system"

My cousin used to cut the shit out of her arms and legs. Literally anything that went wrong for her she would cut but it was all for attention. She used to threaten her mum that if she went to work and left her in the house alone she would cut to stop her from leaving (she was 17 years old at the time). 99% of the time it's for attention imo

my nig

my gf cuts her belly cause she is fat :(

I'm a cutter and I still find this kek

you should cut your gf off cuz she's fat :)

cause that'll make the fat go away, holy fuck ppl are retarded

because it feels good
it also feels good if you put salt on your cock and dip it in milk

It becomes an addiction, people get addicted to the endorphins released when you get injured. (of course the could get that same rush from hot peppers and avoid injury, but whatever)

yeah self injury gives me boners

Nah she probably be into that

>dubs of truth

only faggots and white girls cut

I cut because I get off on blood and it gives me something to control.

Everyone knows the logical reasons for cutting yourself..... Attention

cut your throat and get it over with faggot

Logical? You mean ignorant and opinionated right?

personally I wear long sleeves all the time, yes, but I have like 5 or 6 huge scars down my upper arm as well as lots of smaller ones on my forearms, but back when I only cut on my forearms it was easy enough to cross arms all the time and not have it show, because there were times when I was expected to wear a dress or swimsuit or whatever

>It has got to be one of the most autistic thing I have ever heard of
what makes you think its autistic?
do you mean that in the clinical sense or in the Sup Forums buzzword sense?
serious question

i cut for the attention
i like the feeling yeah but that feeling when someone actually cares about you is so much better
Its still gay and retarded though

Hey I never thought of that, good job smartass.

Nope.

I did it because I hate myself and want to suffer. Nobody sees, I take care to cover it. If that means wearing winter clothes on a hot day then so be it, it adds to the discomfort. I deserve to suffer.

ITT: pic related

and do u still cut now? Its not hard to talk to someone if u need some comfort, disfiguring ur body to make it up for it is not a worthwhile trade

never been in to cutting, but love eating really spicy food when i'm feeling down/self-destructive

dat mouth tingle tho...

it's almost always worth the burning asshole the next day

why do people do this?
how can people be so weak?
I always feel weird when i see people crying over tragedy or hating themselves, its so ignorant.
not trynna be an edgelord but Why cant you just get over it and do something productive

i did it to see what it felt like

That's something completely different to self-harm you nigger.
But capsaicin does have a positive efffect on your mood.

>when i feel bad i like to chew 5 gum, that mouth tingle tho... its almost always worth the burning throat the next day

Well, it's obviously attention.

I mean Jesus Christ, what else would it be you faggots