Discuss AnCo in here

discuss AnCo in here.

PW was clearly PB

So we all agree that based of this chart Avey is by far the best right?

Also HCTI is all four of them working together equally.

>So we all agree that based of this chart Avey is by far the best right?
absolutely
(Panda Bear's drumming on STGSTV is incredible though)

Geologist is the most patrician

nah it was even split for all 3

but avey is the main songwriter for most of the albums, the only album panda had a had in sonically overall more than avey was merriweather. Pretty much everything before was mostly avey and geo (sonically that is.)

What the heck is a YATTA

I think he's imitating Avey's yell

>Geo
>having any influence in current AnCo
lmao, replace PW with Hollinndagain

deakin - sj, chz, hcti
geologist - mpp, pw, oddsac
avey - spirit, danse, hollindagain
panda - campfire songs, sung tongs, feels

LISTEN TO PEACEBONE RETARD

How would you rate their albums from best to worst?

geo had a huge part in chz

Merriweather Post Pavilion≥SpiritThey're Gone, Spirit They've Vanished>Sung Tongs>Strawberry Jam≥ Feels>Campfire Song Songs>Here Comes The Indian>Painting With≥ Centipede Hz≥ Danse Manatee

My first edible listening to centipede hZ

How does it taste?

It's just a gummy ordered off dnm, it tastes strongly like weed with a hint of strawberry

Feels > MPP

Just leave a bunch out why not

STUDIO ALBUMS
Merriweather Post Pavilion > Sung Tongs > Feels > Strawberry Jam = Centipede HZ > STG,STV > ODDSAC = Here Comes the Indian > Campfire Songs > Painting With > Danse Manatee

LIVE ALBUMS
Live at 9:30 > Transverse Temporal Gyrus > Animal Crack Box > Hollinndagain > Michael, Remember/Danny's Jam

EPS AND NON-ALBUM SINGLES
Fall Be Kind > Water Curses > People > Honeycomb/Gotham > Keep + Animal Collective = Gnip Gnop/Hounds of Bairro > Prospect Hummer

Why the hate for ph?

>danse not geo
>MPP not panda
>SJ not avey

> CHz > STGSTV

>Campfire Songs
>Panda
But that album is all Avey structured songs except for maybe Two Corvettes

Just because it's at the end of the list doesn't mean I hate it. Just means that I think the other albums work better as a whole body of work.

Same goes for - which I should say the difference between CHz and STGSTV is pretty marginal. CHz grew on me pretty strongly over the last year, and I listen to it more as a whole than I do STGSTV.

>people still compare panda bear to brian wilson

True also Sung Tongs>Feels

The Eps are almost right. Prospect before People

Eh. I think it's boring.

Too each their own, but its bretty good. Very carefree and comfy IMO

PB is close behind and Feels is so good that Deak gets an honorable mention

This list isn't even close to accurate

Ok Ill add Hollinndagain and the EPs I've heard/Singles/B sides

Merriweather Post Pavilion≥Spirit They're Gone, Spirit They've Vanished>Sung Tongs>Hollinndagain>Strawberry Jam≥ Feels>Campfire Song Songs>Here Comes The Indian>Painting With≥ Centipede Hz≥ Danse Manatee

Prospect Hummer>Fall Be Kind>Purple Bottle (Stevie Wonder)>Honeycomb>Peacebone>Gnip Gnop>Safer>Hounds of Bairro>Polly>Gotham

What's the problem with Danse Manatee? I've seen it almost universally placed at the bottom of AnCo albums, should I listen to it or just skip it outright?

avey is best boy

>just skip it outright?
Nope, it's actually great. Only fools dislike it

If AnCo were here, they would, in the politest way possible, call you all out for being 100% retared

Why's that

fuckin what? deaking is barely in the band let alone in control of the masterpiece that is feels.

already happened with deak

the delayed guitar sound is pretty definitive to feels
the truth is that he is the least important member so identifying his influence is hard. even on hcti avey played most of the guitar

Danse is a classic, the people that hate it are just P4K drones that only like MPP

panda is /ourboy/

Good to hear

Turrible rankings desu senpai
STGSTV > Strawberry Jam > HCTI > Feels > Sung Tongs > MPP > Danse > CS > Centipede

Forgot PW, it's either tied or slightly better than CHZ

who even needs deak and lamp boy when panda and avey made spirit on their own

Feels > all their other albums

Friendly reminder that Avey is the actual mastermind behind the entire AnCo project and is one of the most talented musicians of the century thus far

But muh Campfire Songs

Surely it's much better than

Who needs Panda when you can just hire a session drummer? I mean, Avey wrote all of Spirit himself

Why does panda bear abuse the echo/layered vocal effect?

Because it fits the style of music he makes?

And that style is?

I just got into AnCo today with MPP and I liked it. What AnCo album should I listen to next?

What did you like about MPP?

I liked the catchy songs like Summertime Clothes and In the Flowers and I also liked the instrumentation in general

Alright, then I'd say you should listen to Strawberry Jam next, maybe CHz. Or Feels, but it has longer song structures

Cool, I'll check them out. Thanks!