Anyone else liking this new childish gambino as much as i am?

anyone else liking this new childish gambino as much as i am?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UfQHEpf2q8k)
twitter.com/theneedledrop/status/796842237304766464
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

definitely didnt think gambino would ever make something like this but for some reason he makes it work

I don't know, how much are you liking it?

It's not the type of single that makes me wanna loop it over and over, but it does make me excited for the album.

just marathoned it and really, really hated it

Getting a 60s/70s vibe from this. Pretty nice change of pace. Enjoying what he did with the vocals for sure.

I can't get over it man. This is seriously the best song I've heard all year. I NEVER replay songs out of respect for the quality not being ruined but I just can't stop listening to this wtf. Gambino just pulled a Kid Cudi and it's beautiful.

Bino is to soul as Cudi is to punk

delete it fat

DELETE THIS

reminder that there are people out thee that unironically like childish gambino and refer to him as "bino"

Pretty damn dope.

childish gambino dropped the soty

this shit is amazing, aoty coming through

i went to joshua tree, and this song was played, ask questions familia.

>liking meme rap

go away

Get out donlad

He doesn't even rap on this song

lol this track is derivative garbage

>"d-do I fit in y-yet??"

It's like Cymande + Prince

What a sound. Has anyone made anything like this?

Idk, I wouldn't call childish gambino the most important thing to ever happen to soul

to me, its like the soul revival of the mid 10's
could even use "recharge''

im an user that went to see him in CA

I like this more then what Bruno mars is doing desu

Gambino is not the first or the second or the fifth person to do interesting things with soul music in the 2010s.

pretty neat track tho.

ITT: We predict how bad P4K and Fantano will ultimately shit on top of the album.

i have a feeling fork won't destroy it that bad

I've never listened to gambino before but this is fantastic. What albums should I listen to for more of that beautiful vocal harmony and soul. Almost sounds like a king crimson track in after the beat switch

This is really like the only time he's done this, which is why people like it so much. Other than that he has sorta songs like that, but they're not as hype. Most of the other shit he's sounding like pop and generic rap, but it's still entertaining nonetheless. He fills a niche.

Urn is probably the only song that comes close to this one and it's not really hype.

i know there isn't really any of his music that sounds like this but I meant some older soul records or really anything that sounds like that first section with the staccato chorus and vocal harmony

this song is a 10/10
hopefully the rest of the album follows suit

he was always fucking amazing, but hes getting better and better...

on twitter antwon already said he loved it

still sucks but at least he recognized he's the worst rapper of all time and stopped

Yeah. After hearing him cover Tamia (youtube.com/watch?v=UfQHEpf2q8k) I was hoping he would drop the rapping and turn to R&B and he did and it's absolutely amazing.

wtf i hate childish gambino again

twitter.com/theneedledrop/status/796842237304766464

that reminds me of how old comfy fantano used to be before he overdosed on memes

Holy shit, the whole album is R&B/soul.

was the rest of the album like this?

Thank god

His corny rapping used to be the worst part of his music

It's going to be his best work yet, I think. I'm love the shit out of this track.

its great.

he's black. they'll love it

he was never good don't kid yourself

trying to get into good pop that makes you wanna dance around. post your favorite songs. pic unrelated

FUCK i accidentally posted this on a thread

he makes corn-core rap most of the time, which is why im excited to hear he might stop trying to rap haha

Music is my favourite genre

Camp is shit, Because the Internet is mixed; excellent production across the board, but his lyricism can feel vapid at times.
None of it is like this, though, except for Urn... kinda...

This song is genuinely great.

Liked it.

Even melonthony headtano liked it.

i liked the intro but i thought the main bit was boring. Shit's been done and he ain't using it to say anything new. Idk maybe this will just be a single type deal and the album will still be something really interesting.

heard from a few people that went to pharos that most of the songs there were pretty similar to this one so take that as you will.

I played it ten times in a row. I fucking love it. Obvious P-funk vibe, but he puts it in a modern context and really makes those melodies his own.

atlanta makes gambino a visionary instead of a kid, p4k needs multimedia artists for their stock portfolio

Calling it: this track is going to be the "Let it Happen" of this album.

The titan of an opening track that you need to let take over you, then you can better enjoy the album on a higher level.

BtI & Royalty were amazing, super high hopes for this.

Let It Happen was a piece of shit

WHO PLAYS THIS AT A PARTY? WHAT THE FUCK?

let it happen was the worst track on currents

I mean I might have to agree that it was the worst (maybe Love/Paranoia?), but it was still awesome. That guitar that comes in by the end; the small glitches he throws in to make the song skip...
But after that titan, everything that followed on the album was sweet, pure bliss, man.

>music
fucking hack

I dislike that album strongly. It's been a while, but I recall the worst thing about Let It Happen being the awful sound design on the synths and how it almost sounds out of key.

thats bullshit, so many worse tracks on there.

Aw man, it was my favorite of 2015! Just above Art Angels.

I like how the synths sound almost straight-from-the-CASIO, you know? And when the bit floats around towards the end it almost sounds like some celestial body floating close by you as you listen

>That guitar that comes in by the end; the small glitches he throws in to make the song skip...
thats exactly why the song sucks. it's a 7min song with a shitty ending. when on his previous albums he does much better guitar and synth work
anyway not gonna shit on you for liking what you like.
enjoy the gambino album hope its good
whole album is full of shitty tracks :)

>like a king crimson track in after the beat switch
This was exactly what I thought and I'm excited for this album after hearing this single.

didn't stop them from panning his whole discography so far

>whole album is full of shitty tracks :)
exactly. i actually think let it happen was somewhat okay compared to the rest of the flat tracks.

Meh, okay. I feel like it keeps its same thread but just brings you deeper in.
But that is kinda really what I meant - if this track isn't making it "happen" for you, you might not love the album, you know?

As far as the guitar, I really love the much simpler, concentrated catchiness of all the riffs / bass lines / vocal melodies all over the album. Grooves abound.

Cheers though!

track is fucking ill, can't wait to see what the albums like. Do it donald.