Does /b! Know anything about computers...

Does /b! Know anything about computers. I would go to the preferred page for this topic however they are full of condescending cunts.
I have my shit plugged in correctly yet when I power it on it does not post at all and the error led that goes red is the DRAM led. I've checked the manual and this is what it said. I'm pretty sure that the manual is wrong because all of the leds have corresponding colours for example the CPU led is supposed to be red get I have a Red dram led

Specs.
Mobo; As seen above Asus 970 Pro Gaming Aura
Cpu: AMD FX 9590
GPU: MSI AMD R9 390X
RAM: have tried 10 sticks in total 2 corsair dominator platinums 1600mhz. ,2 corsair vengeance 16gb 1600mhz and corsair xms 3 1600 MHz running in quad channel.
PSU : its overkill but seasonic 800w

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/list/NL9RBP
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

post it on a mothafucking forum spec. aimed on computers.

Your problem is that you got AMD

>this

Also mobo might just be DOA, it happens.

You must have spilled lemonade or something on the motherboard when you put i together.

>AMD CPU
Kek

High-jacking thread
R-rate my build idea?
pcpartpicker.com/list/NL9RBP
Ignore windows 10, windows 7 premium is $200 and I don't really want to sped that much money on it just to have it magically turn into windows 10 because reasons.
Also cause I head starting from windows 10 isnt bad, just upgrading to it is.

Takes too fucking long

Efficiency>power

>pcpartpicker.com/list/NL9RBP
You might want to get a 7200rpm HDD, and spend some money on a boot SSD, 240GB is a nice sweetspot nowadays.
Also, what are you going to use it for? Different builds are for different purposes.

I'm going for overall power.
I want to be able to do multiple things at once like watch a stream and play a game at the same time on two different monitors.
>may sound petty, but my current computer wasn't build for power and my second monitor lags behind majorly in frames when doing stuff like watching anything at fullscreen or drawing vector lines.
I dont need 4k 1080p 120fps mind you, I just wouldn't mind being able to run stuff like Dark Souls 3 on high.
I've never actually built a PC before, what would you recommend?

Exactly, so why have AMD?

Check to make sure your ram cards are fully seated, had that happen last time I replaced my ram, card wasn't fully seated and shit refused to start

Shit Case. Try the Nzxt cases

I think the case looks nice and simple, and it has decent reviews.

Watch about a hundred videos on youtube about building one. Check all possible compatability.

Good thing on getting many cores for streaming/video work. But playing a game on high at the same time might require something like an i7 6500(k).

Corsair 300r here (was the bomb a few years ago, now it misses quickswap ssd slots), you want room not looks. So get something rather big to accomodate possible extra drives (if you're going to do video production) etc.

Will do.
What case would you recommend?

It's not the ram, those error signals should be taken with a pinch of salt, try these steps until one works. 1.Reset your CMOS(just remove your battery for 5 minutes) 2.remove your video card and use on board graphics(if you have it) 3.try a different PSU, 4.check the CPU fan works, if it's none of these then you've fried your MB or CPU, i'd try any cheap FX CPU that'll fit to test first.

Bios update is necessary before running a FX processor

Buy a mac, pcfag.

Basically look at the specs of the case and see if it fits your needs, one thing I'd make sure is having a metal panel on the cable management side to make sure it doesn't bulge with all the cables in.

For myself, I'm a bit of an oldtimer and want lots of room for drive bays and 5inch bays, for audio panels/disk drives. Basically as much funtionality as it can fit whilst still being accesable.

After narrowing it down you start filtering by looks, not before that. And take a quick look at what fans are supplied with the case, and if they're any good.

Final thing, make sure you have a case with room for long gpu's, for possible future expansion or just tha card you have now, if it's big.

In my case I decided on the 300r, that was cheap and had all the options and good looks, but that one is a few years old by now, so it might miss some features developed since 2014, like dedicated ssd bays or a PSU basement.

Power supply, if the 4 pin adapter as gone it will still seem like it's powering up

dis

Also OP if you don't understand computers, why don't you take it into a shop for experienced technicians to look at? Are you really this dumb?

kek

this. instead of wasting time explaining shit to us and hoping for answers, you should go to someone who can actually see your pc and do some tests.

no

Hey Sup Forumsrother, remember for a sec that we are all some sort of it worker, so this is actually not a bad place to ask for voluntary advice instead of fucking one of us over whilst we're on commision trying to make some sales.

Agree with the guy above, pulling the motherboard battery for 5 mins will reset it. if re seating your components and pulling that battery for 5 mins doesnt help theres probably something incompatible or DOA.

Never put a pc together, wonders why it doesn't start.

I love dumb customers.

But here we go:
Maybe you roasted ur CPU, then i don't wonder, why it refuses to start. Does it even boot? Are the fans running? Dude you have to give more informations, about whats your problem

Have you checked all of your wiring?

Also make sure the CPU you ordered is actually compatible with that motherboard without it going through a bios update. can cause weird problems along with no boot. can flash update bios if cpu not supported with factory bios.

>fucking one of us over whilst we're on commision trying to make some sales
>what are computer repair shops?
>why do they exist?

What's wrong with win 10? I Got my copy for like 80$
I Mean I like win 7 but 200$ for a OS, no

Just go kill urself for this question

RAM has to be non-ecc and unbuffered as well

>Giving Microsoft a monopoly on your computer

>paying for software
Shameful.

Not to offer advice to a guy who's then gonna go home and order everything on newegg.

There are so many unknown facts. I think he roasted the board, the moment he mounted the CPU to the mobo.

@op: unmount ur CPU,take a picture of the CPU pins and post it

Highly doubt it. OP is using less than 600w, but got the 800w psu so he could crossfire later

Ok stupid question here but i got the same board like a 3 weeks ago. Do you have all the switches on
I bought 3 before i realized the switches were all off when i bought them

>Which won't work because the GPU is 275w

800 watts is fine if it's rated, almost no component EVER draws full rated power.

Not even on max game settings?