Dream collab thread? Tom Jones and Thugga could make a great single

Dream collab thread? Tom Jones and Thugga could make a great single.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HiLRll4svqo
youtube.com/watch?v=ZByHno9Jpsw
youtube.com/watch?v=UYgFDNkZhd0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Leonard Cohen and David Bowie

Ben Frost x Locrian

Both of those folks are dead user. Tom Jones still has a few years to make a song with Thug

What's the least black metal Ben Frost song? Not a fan of black metal too much, but I'm interesting to listen to some of his stuff based on his description on wikipedia.

Herbie Hancock and Stevie Wonder.

Tbh they technically could if Jones was sampled
like how Rod Stewart was sampled on A$AP Rocky's "Everyday"

I'm talking Elton John x Thugga collab where they actually get together, but I wouldn't mind that either.

youtube.com/watch?v=HiLRll4svqo
Absolute shit recording but its something. It may be too late for anything good to come out of it, but who knows. Hancock did ok on the Fly Lo album. He might still have it in him.

OH MY GOOOOOOOOOD.

I've still been getting into Herbie (recently finished Manchild), but I know all of Stevie's stuff.

This is...this is wonderful. Thank you, captain.

Dot Wiggins and The Residents

who is Locrian and why is it not the mode?

I was into Herbie a little in High School when I was playing Jazz, but never really dug into his catalog. I didn't know he just released an album I'll have to give it a listen now.

(Nice trips)

His last album was in 2010, I've been listening through his catalog. So far my favorites are his more funk based albums (Fat Albert Rotunda, Manchild, and of course Headhunters. But "Inventions and Dimensions" is fantastic too.)

>SOPHIE and Iglooghost

>Kanye West and Madlib

>MF DOOM and Thom Yorke

>Mark Kozelek and Sunn O)))

>Michael Gira and Sunn O)))

>Ariel Pink and King Gizzard and The Lizard Wizard

>Scott Walker and Mike Patton

>Panda Bear and I

Headhunters is the only album I really dug into. I think I'm going to listen to Manchild later tonight.

James Blake and Freddie Gibbs

Pic related

Sophie and Iglooghost are literally two halves of the same minds. How has it not happened yet?

More Madlib in any sense is good. Getting into his medicine shows lately.

Close as Thom and DOOM will get. youtube.com/watch?v=ZByHno9Jpsw

I don't want to collab with Panda I want to live with him.

Bro nah you gotta listen to Fat Albert. That album is one of the best funk albums I've ever listened to in my life

(Now granted I'm still just getting into him and I might like other's better but holy hell F.A.R. has some great grooves)

Here's a sample track.

youtube.com/watch?v=UYgFDNkZhd0

(I also have a list of his best songs if you're interested)

Ken with Ken is always good.

What would Blake and Gibbs sound like? I like hard Gibbs so I don't know if I would like it.

I'm fucking with this. Give me the list.

Aiight just give me one second. to post it. It's a pretty big list and I'm not sure my hand writing is legible. (I have it written in a notebook)

I am so sorry it took me so long to do this. It's a w.I.p. List. Once I get done with it I'm making a Spotify playlist for it.

(1/2)

(2/2)

Thanks. You're handwritings bad, but with the album name next to it I can figure them all out.

>You're handwritings bad,
Yeah yeah I know. I just figured there was a character limit on here so I didn't bother typing it

I can just delete the posts and type it, if you prefer..

Here's the typed version.

Watermelon Man (Takin Off)
The Maze (Takin Off)
King Cobra (My Point of View)
Succotash (Inventions and Dimensions)
Jack Rabbit (Inventions and Dimensions)
Mimosa (Inventions and Dimensions)
Cantaloupe Island (Empyrean Isles)
Maiden Voyage (Maiden Voyage)
Dolphin Dance (Maiden Voyage)
Speak Like a Child (Speak Like a Child)
I have a Dream (The Prisoner)
The Prisoner (The Prisoner)

(Cont.)

Devin Townsend and Mike Patton

Nah I actually put them all in a playlist already I'm good. My handwritings just as shit so no worries.

Wiggle Waggle (Fat Albert Rotunda)
Tell Me A Bedtime Story (Fat Albert Rotunda)
OH! OH! Here It Comes! (Fat Albert Rotunda)
Fat Albert Rotunda (Fat Albert Rotunda)
Lil Brother (Fat Albert Rotunda)
Ostinado (Suite for Angela) [Mwandishi]
Sleeping Giant (Crossings)
Hidden Shadows (Sextant)
Chameleon (HeadHunters)
Watermelon Man (HeadHunters)
Sly (Headhunters)

(Cont.)

Has anyone ever seen Devin Townsend and Anthony Fantano in the same room together?

Palm Grease (Thrust)
Actual Proof (Thrust)
Butterfly (Thrust)
Spank-A-Lee (Thrust)
Death Wish (Death Wish)
Joannes Theme (Death Wish)
Hang Up Your Hang Ups (Manchild)
Sun Touch (Manchild)

How did you make a playlist that fast?

Sophie is minimalist iglooghost and IG is maximalist sophie. they are truly the gods of their craft

Just went to the artist page and went to the bottom of his albums. Your list is chronological so I just had Spotify on half the screen and your list on the other.

Xiu Xiu vs Baths
aka the faggotbowl

Well played sir.

You're already 1 step ahead of me with the Spotify playlist (I've been waiting to finish getting through his albums)

True their soundscapes are very similar though. Each pulling each other in a different direction could make for a nice middle ground track. Maybe I'm wrong to say it, but it might end up being really accessible if that's the right word.

$uicideboy$ x Flatbush Zombies

Looks like you have a lot to go. Good luck man. How often do you listen to a new Hancock album? How long have you been at it?

Michael Gira and Brian Wilson before Wilson bites the dust..

Just give his album By The Throat a listen. He's not black metal at all by the way idk where you got that from. He's like Tim Hecker but replace the drone ambient with like industrial ambient.

Having Sophie do an industrial beat while iglooghost does some crazy synth stuff over it, and Sophie's vocals just go insane over the whole thing

Would be great

This could be good. 3001 wasn't as good as Better Off Dead, but I'm sure Flatbush could make this good.

Captain Beefheart and Exuma

Man I'm just imagining how finally peace would've sounded if Brian Wilson worked on it as well

Wikipedia had him as black metal idk. I'll give it a listen though.

I've been at it for about a month or two.

I try to listen to a few a day but that doesn't usually happen because I have a shit attention span. But I've been getting through decently.

And of course I DO re-listen to a lot of the Hancock songs I really like. (Especially his funk albums). I also listened to Future2Future because I bought the CD at a farmers market.

That album was......

....not very good.

I never knew I wanted this until just now. Strange pick.

Madlib did No More Parties in LA tho

I mean albums

I think current Gira is the best he's ever been to work with Wilson. Would have been weird to have public castration or cop Gira working with him lol.

Kanye West & Simon and Garfunkel