How do you feel about the Flat Earth theory? It's experienced a rise in popularity in the last few years, why is that?

How do you feel about the Flat Earth theory? It's experienced a rise in popularity in the last few years, why is that?

Other urls found in this thread:

flightradar24.com/61.28,66.24/2
lmgtfy.com/?q=southpole flyover
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It's just people taking the piss I asssume

because people are stupid

It's so fucking stupid the people who believe it should be put in camps and shot.

Let stupid people be stupid

If someone is ignorant enough you can present anything to them and have them believe it as long as you do it from a perceived position of authority.

It's epic retardation.. but expanding earth theory is kind of cool and seems feasibly possible.

Given it's physically impossible, I think it's a laughable theory.

What if the earth isn't flat but our continents are just islands in a big lake on a much larger planet?

Thus is the correct answer, but sadly people sometimes take trolling seriously

Easy, USA are so self-centered and so unable to accept they're a part and no the center of things.
and science is too hard for their fat brain.

Ugh, why havent people came up with another insult for Americans?
>lol your fat
Come on guys i thought you were smart?

I find this more credible

you're*

You can look outside and disprove it, so I feel it's bullshit of course.

Stupidity is on the rise. Also the internet makes it easier for people to convert other idiots to their idiocy.

even if it was flat...
1- what's the reason it's a govern secret?
2-who the hell cares?

Uh oh, you got me
You guys are smart

how do people fly over the antarctic? why is it a mappable continent instead of a massive ice wall?

>inb4 its a coverup

It's a shame we live in an age with so much information and research in abundance and there actually exists people who could believe in something so stupid. If 50 people who believed in flat earth theory were shot I'd throw a party for the shooter.

get fucked four eyes, last I checked we are on fucking Sup Forums not typing an essay for the professor

Do people fly over Antarctica?

Basic geometry makes it flat out impossible in light of what we see every day.

The other thing is we've know this literally since the Greeks. Anyone who believes it now isn't dumb, they are willfully ignorant

We found the idiot.

This only happens in the US. Here in Europe we don't use science books to wrap hamburgers.
Also it's been known since the ancient greeks that the earth is round. Their proof, which is correct, was that the shadow of the earth on the moon is a circle every time of the year, and that is possible only if the earth is a spheroid. If it were flat, we'd see the shadow stretching more and more as the relative position to sun changes. Those people just want to keep their eyes closed to live in a world of imagination avere their cock is big.
Flat earth, conservationist museum, you do have the stupidest things. And this comes from me, and i am from Italy, the most bigot country in Europe.

Why don't you just type correctly instead of acting like he is in the wrong for knowing how to speak English?

It's also much more interesting than some abyss you would fall down. Those guys clearly lack creativity.

It's been done

Just stop.

>believes in flat earth

A rise in anti-intellectualism, mistrust of government, and gullibility.

fucking idiotic. because US education system

what, and our transport planes/ships just magically disappear and reappear on the edges?

Hunter x Hunter is not RL

Really? Is there photos? I dont believe in flat earth, i just have never heard about a south pole fly over, north pole of course, but not south.

Avere=where, cross-language autocorrect

/thread

im not physicist, but maybe bc we don't fly over the north or south poles is bc of the electromagnetic waves that they give off and they disrupt their instruments.... idk i might be mental here

Nothing unusual the world is getting more and more retarded, its normal that there are now so many low iq retards that actually believe that shit, they can brag about being "smarter" than Normal people like that.

The Earth is flat, and we do live inside a firmament. Science will only explain in theory why everything you see is either a light refraction, mirage, or an optical illusion. You are a blind man.

Science is a religion, and every year since the age of six you've been told Earth is a sphere, and it revolves around the sun. If you actually took the time to come to your own conclusion instead of insulting others for their beliefs you'd actually see it.

But you won't, because you people are too thick. Happy fapping, but when everything turns to shit just remember to look in the mirror, because that's the only person you can blame.

No we fly over the north pole all the time, its called the Santa route, but ive never heard of a complete south pole flyover, just to the pol and than fly back.

with there being more people on earth ever before, there is a higher number of idiots on the planet than ever before, according to the law of averages. i know the theory is retarded but thats because it was concieved by the retards that have gained in number in recent years

mate i've been to space, it's not flat. sorry to burst your bubble.

How can you circumnavigate some shit floating around in massive body of water? You fly or boat in one direction for long enough in the real world you dont discover new lands, you find the same shit you would have if you went the other way

Because it wouldn't help anything? There's only Australia and South America down there mate

>Science is a religion
At least it provides me with GPS.
Last time I asked god for guidance I drove off a cliff.

Ok.

Come to a conclusion that leads to a flat earth.

But GPS doesn't track planes over the southern hemisphere.

flightradar24.com/61.28,66.24/2

what does that picture have to do with you asinine rant?

Listen to this man, folks.
Stop being the sheeps and stop listening to everything people tell you.
Become a wolf and start to think about the stuff you hear.

It's not like I was serious dude.
It's just a fantasy setting straight out of a manga.

Ok? But that doesnt explain why it hasnt been done or documented?

Well there's a base right at the south pole, and it's only accessible by plane.

Why does is cam lose signal when it's on the other side.. I want to see China India Madagascar etc

Why? Also again doesnt explain why a complete flyover hasnt happened that has been documented. If you can show me proof man, ill believe you. Its just odd it hasnt happened

If you didn't read that the Earth is a sphere orbiting the sun in your government mandated textbooks your entire life, you would've never come to this conclusion in the first place.

>It's experienced a rise in popularity
>Flat Earth "theory" *flat earth with CAPS*

on Sup Forums and among morons, maybe

Ok? But im talking about a fly over m8

0/10

There's no hook in that bait

Germany is down there too

Honestly, I'm tired of debating about it. There are plenty of people who put all the puzzle pieces together. All you need to do is open your mind, and do a little research.

How do you know that it's at the so called "south pole"?
Did they ever completely fly over south pole?
Have you evern been there that you know it's real?
Why do you believe everything people tell you, little sheep?

There is plenty of proof and evidence backing it up.

I'm sure it's been done. What am I a fucking flight controller?

because people are more and more retarded
see : the rise of trump and conspiracy nuts in general

if it was flat, how do we get night in one half of the world and day in the other?

How do you even know [insert anywhere] exists? Have you ever been there?

>It's experienced a rise in popularity in the last few years
because, muslims

Yes.

Science adjusts its beliefs based on what's observed.
Religion is the denial of observation so that belief can be preserved.

So, you're saying that you don't have any real reason to believe that the earth is round?
You believe this just from hear-say?

Did you ever climb a mountain and look at the horizon? It's flat.
Did you ever walk a long time on a straight road, or even upwards? How can there be long flat or upwards roads when the earth's round?
Think about that.
Don't listen to your sheperd.

>Science is a religion
stopped right there

>mate
>i've been to space
>mate
>space

So you wont show me evidence? Is that what im getting from you guys? Ive asked and tell you ive done the research and it doesnt show any complete flyovers, and you guys just shrug it off, and you wonder why people believe conspiracies. Like i said im not a flat earther, but if you guys want to debate them, be prepared to have the evidence

>So, you're saying that you don't have any real reason to believe that the earth is round?
no one has said that

>Did you ever climb a mountain and look at the horizon? It's flat.
Actually it's a disk, and no matter where you are it's always a disk.

no one going to answer how we get night and day in differing parts of the world or have i just cracked this right open already?

Ok, it hasn't been done.

So what?

I never said that for example china existed.
I know that the earth exists and that it's at least as big as i went. I assume that the earth exists as it's said, but I don't call people morons because they don't believe it.

But there is no proof for a round earth. There is just people saying it and I don't know why I should trust them.

But there is a lot of proof that the earth is flat. It's a logic conclusion from what I can see and feel.

It hasn't. It's only increased in popularity with /x/philes, people casting bait, and those who refuse to live on more than 140 characters.
>science is a religion

"Well, science is not religion and it doesn’t just come down to faith. Although it has many of religion’s virtues, it has none of its vices. Science is based upon verifiable evidence. Religious faith not only lacks evidence, its independence from evidence is its pride and joy, shouted from the rooftops. Why else would Christians wax critical of doubting Thomas? The other apostles are held up to us as exemplars of virtue because faith was enough for them. Doubting Thomas, on the other hand, required evidence. Perhaps he should be the patron saint of scientists."

"Now in practice, of course, individual scientists do sometimes slip back into the vice of faith, and a few may believe so single-mindedly in a favorite theory that they occasionally falsify evidence. However, the fact that this sometimes happens doesn’t alter the principle that, when they do so, they do it with shame and not with pride. The method of science is so designed that it usually finds them out in the end."

"I want to return now to the charge that science is just a faith. The more extreme version of that charge — and one that I often encounter as both a scientist and a rationalist — is an accusation of zealotry and bigotry in scientists themselves as great as that found in religious people. Sometimes there may be a little bit of justice in this accusation; but as zealous bigots, we scientists are mere amateurs at the game. We’re content to argue with those who disagree with us. We don’t kill them."

If you actually took the time to look at other people's conclusions with your own sensibilities, instead of insulting others for their beliefs or findings, you'd actually see this.

Genuinely disappointed in you, user.

>why is it a mappable continent instead of a massive ice wall?

because there actually is landmass underneath the ice

A perfect example of what i was saying a complete retard that needs to feel smarter than others actually believing that shit to feel special.

The flat earth "theory" is to retards what being pansexual is to attention seekers.
They just want to feel special.

Again, use Google, open your mind. Test your own faith, don't expect me to do it for you.

>But there is a lot of proof that the earth is flat
If that was the case there would be countless people knowing that.

Why not? We fly over the north pole, why not the south pole? Why hasnt it been documented, this is a point flat earthers use. Just showing you points those guys use so you can debate them

if its flat, how do we have time zones? how can it be night in australia and day time in europe?

AI has a hard time understanding 3 dimensions.

>Listen to this man
>stop listening to everything people tell you
pick one

lmgtfy.com/?q=southpole flyover

fuck out of here

And a disk is flat. The earth is a flat disk. Thanks for concluding my argument.

>2016
>relies on physics
>still doesn't understand the problem of induction

how do the flat earth people explain the moon phases?

do they imagine that the flat earth is kind like a very slowly spinning coin to explain the different shadow?

Im not expecting you to do it, but i am expecting you to use your skills to debate people. What you are doing plays into the hands of the flat earthers, and than you wonder why there are so many. And agin for the 50th time, im not a flat earther, i am a guy showing you what arguments flat earthers use.

prove it

Why are the poles cold?

Read above the post about Earth's shadow on the moon, fucking idiot

what?

invisible wormholes.
do you even sci-fi?