Is he, dare I say, overrated af?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZNkzREDD5DY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

what do you mean

not overrated, just old and past his prime

No

No, he's good, especially considering his age
The rest of the team is just shit. and he can't carry every time.

Modric is better than a prime Memeiesta.

>Iniesta is a meme
>Zidane is like a magician on the pitch

spain was and will continue to be nothing without xaviesta

>implying any footballer is better than prime iniesta

He's literally underrated
An absolute GOAT playmaker. But he's past his prime

I mean the circlejerk after an offside pass against middle eastern plumbers

No he is just old.

>le pass 3 meters sideways man#2

literally who

The thing is he will never be like Pirlo, Pirlo played like a 25 old with 36. After 2013 Iniesta isnt the same anymore

At his prime, he was half as good as Paul Scholes.

No he is just old.

I thought he was transitioning into Xavi who played in a CL final @ 35

Pirlo is at least tier behind iniesta m8.

Lampard, Gerrard, Scholes all more influential than Iniesta. I mean he won everything, but so did Victor Valdes

hes not even better at the moment
not even close

get off your proxy bong

He is/was underrated imo.

Also ,nice guy.

Hello Hungary. :^)

If he ever played in the BPL, he'd be seen as Mark Noble-level

imo a bit more like carrick tier, could do a job in a top team, but not their best. Still a very very good player

His magic got wet in the first time.

OK, fair enough, admittedly I have a soft spot for Noble

That's not Sergio Ramos

t. American who started watching "sawker" 1 year ago.

no one says Ramos is a goat, but seeing Iniesta is regarded as some kind of clutch, he needs to step up soon

Scoring in a world cup final and never losing a single CL final is as clutch as it gets you dumb elephant.

He's 32. Cut him some slack.

>OMG, see that pass to Alba, he is such a beauty to watch
>Spain shagged by Italy hard
>cut him some slack

32 is prime age for most midfielders

he's an extremely overrated playmaker when playing deep. Nowhere near scholes, pirlo, zidane or xavi. although he is very good higher up the pitch

Did Iniesta sleep with your wife?

He is a product of Pep Guardiola

>le better than zidane xD

no doubt about that, he is very good, but never a goat though. Extremely lucky to play with actual goats to inflate his status. Top 50 midfielders of all time easily. Top 10? Not so much

How is he not better than him exactly? I'm intrigued in your answer Schlomo.

No. He's past his prime and still one of the most important player for his teams. Also he never gets mentioned as one of the best players in the world, let along of all time, even though he sometimes probably should.

we had this thread already

He has won everything too + better stats in a arguably more competitive era + delivered in multiple leagues

and he added a CL as a coach since

I blame Del Bosque's outdated tactics for Iniesta's "innefective" play.

Iniesta will always be an elite tier and a game changer.

He is gotten old now

now you are being dishonest, he is even more fedora than Pirlo. Have you seen the reactions after his pass against Turkey? He should be golden ball winner if not for Messi and Ronaldo, better than Zidane etc.

just an iidf codeword for playing against better opposition

>better stats

Like what you chump?

>arguably more competitive era

What a bunch of nonsense.

>iidf

Please never reproduce.

>much better technique
>much better ball control
>100 times better shot
>better free kick taker
>much stronger
>better vision, unlike iniesta who basically meme double passes his way to victory
>can score with his head

iniesta is better only at dribbling and tracking back to help the defence.

plus he has a Golden Ball

like goalscoring?
>but he is not an all out attacking player
Zidane is still better though

It was more competitive, not just Real/Barca refball to the final lol

>Nothing objective, all subjective opinions.
>Zidane had better vision
>Iniesta is only good at dribbling but not passing

Confirmed for horrifically underage.

no hes amazing, spain just played like shit while italy dominated every aspect of the game. individuals cant shine when the whole team is playing awful.

fuck off burger ive been watching football since the year 2000, and i saw zidane in the 1998 wc final

everything i said is literally objective. iniesta is shit at shooting and scoring in general. zidane has scored many free kicks while iniesta? did he ever even take a free kick? zidane is objectively stronger.

>Team loses
>Come to Sup Forums
>Abologize xD
>Linkin Park lyrics next to a flag
>Is star player on the team that just lost overrated? xD

Maybe I'm getting too old for this childish board.

it was created during the game fampai, he could have clutched up the shit, instead went out with a whimper

>ive been watching football since the year 2000

And this is why I called you underage. You never said a single objective thing, other than the fact you're an obvious Zidane nuthugger, when in reality anyone who knows anything about football knows he is one of the most overrated players in history and it's all cause of the 2006 world cup. Iniesta objectively has more assists than Zidane so how you say this is an objective fact is way beyond me.

>Muh free kicks

Guess Juninho is the greatest midfielder of all time right you underage little cretin?

>meme double passes

Is this the full extent of your footballing "knowledge"?

why are you so obsessed? If Messi can't carry his team all the way what makes you think an old Iniesta can? At least he didn't get red carded in the biggest game of his life for being an overrated sand nigger.

Why do you lie?

>32
>old

this meme needs to die. Italy had the 32 year old De Rossi bossing the midfield with the world beater Giaccherini (31) of mighty Sunderland/Bologna raping Spain

just come to the fact he IS in his prime and that is all he can offer. And it was enough with the Missi/Refball to be successful, just not to be a goat.

that wasnt even the biggest game of zidanes life. And zidane still single handedly carried france to the final

>Pretending that any of those players are good and that Conte isn't just a good manager

You're an idiot. The reason Italy succeeds is cause they're a well organized team, not cause Giaccherini is better than anyone on Spain's team.

lmao

have you even watched the game nigger?

youtube.com/watch?v=ZNkzREDD5DY

Why are you so obsessed lol? Did a spanish man fuck your gf? Italy won as a collective, their players didn't boss shit, as a team tactically they did. This dude won 2 Euros and a world cup and has scored crucial goals. If you honestly don't think that deserves some praise then you are clearly as obsessed about something as Messi and Ronaldo fanboys.

>Zidane IDF coming in full swing

Why are Hungarians the biggest Penaldo nuthuggers?

>france
>calling anyone nigger

Keep defending your sand niggers, I'm sure you make your country proud.

He fucked them so hard they are still living it.
Also >muh Puskas. They feel compelled to support Halal despite being irrelevant as shit for over 50 years.

>missing the entire thread where he is praised

He is very good, but nowhere near goat tier, the circle jerk needs to stop.

>player doesn't play very well in a match
>there's an immediate "is he overrated" thread on /sp with unironic responses of agreement

i don't even know why i come here anymore

thats not france who elected a muslim nigger twice

thats your country, the home of degeneracy and twerk.

don't watch football, just stick to your streets hiphop mixtape like all your niggers countrymen

This is fucking Sup Forums, they went through a whole cycle of praising Ramsey a few years back. If your Reddit ass can't handle the meme nature then leave.

>but nowhere near goat tier

So who do you consider "goat tier" exactly? Keep in mind that whoever you post has to have had at least 2 Euros, 1 world cup, and 4 CLs in order to compare.

>in b4 you insult everyone's intelligence and say Scholes.

I can see you are buttflustered, I'd be too if I lived in the muslim shithole that is France.

you are living in a muslim shithole, even Irak didn't have a muslim president.

And to add to this: I can say there are some great midfielders who I've had the privilege of watching week in and week out who aren't as successful as Iniesta but are still good. Edgar Davids, Scholes, Ballack, Vieira, Seedorf, Nedved, Pirlo, Lampard, Kaka...but I still rank Iniesta above all these guys, and even higher than Zidane simply cause of how much of a clutch player he is when it actually matters both for club and country. I get the impression that this Hungarian is a huge Ronaldo and Real Madrid nut-hugger, that's why he pretty much denies Iniesta being a great midfielder since 2006.

>the home of degeneracy.

but scholes is a much better regista. he even had to adjust from being an attacking midfielder like iniesta.

>Scholes
>Attacking midfielder

Que?

which part of goat did you not understand exactly?

Iniesta has no claim for even goat midfielder title. Today's match did not improve his chances at all

around the 2000-2002 period for both england and manu scholes ususally played on the left wing in a 4-4-2 formation, and would consistently cut in and overload the midfield behind the strikers, similar to what iniesta did when guardioa played him in the left forward position in his 4-3-3 formation

Everyone is overrated these days. Technique is completely gone. Messi and Ronaldo would be average players 20 years ago. Just look how Pirlo was complete shit those days, but was so much better just on technique in his 30s. Same for Xavi who was shit until everyone retired. You can see it every game with retired players.

>I still rank Iniesta above all these guys, and even higher than Zidane simply cause of how much of a clutch player he is when it actually matters both for club and country
>conveniently forgot WC 98
>conveniently forgot euro 2000
>conveniently forget CL 2002 final
>conveniently forget the disastrous WC 2002 and Euro 2004 campaign because Zidane was not fit
>conveniently forget WC 2006
At least try to be subtle about your barca bandwagoning. It's ridiculous how suck Iniesta's dick while dissing the one of the most clutch players ever.

So go ahead and name better midfielders you idiot.

>For England

Sven Ericksson was criticized severely for playing Scholes as a left winger, as far as I know Scholes is not an AM and he is mostly known for how deep he plays as opposed to being box to box. For Man Utd, it was him and Roy Keane in midfield and he wasn't an AM then either.

check out games from manu's 2002 if you dont believe me. Fergie played him there alot and he scored a shit load of goals that season also (its when he learned hit those blooters). It worked well with manchester, which is why Sven thought it would work with england

>No mention of Barca anywhere
>Starts talking about dick sucking cause it's his natural inclination as a Yuro

>Zidane wasn't fit for the WC 2002 choke job

What a lame excuse, this isn't even true.

>Zidane is one of the most clutch players ever

As seen in the 2006 WC final huh? It's pretty pathetic how obvious it is you are a Real Madrid fan so you're incapable of having an objective discussion about anything.

didn't he score a clutch penalty that game and overall had a very good game?

He got himself sent off and cost his team the cup.

im no zidane fan, but i wouldn't consider that choking. He showed up for the majority of the game and that incident was extremely late in the match

>iniesta
>always on stacked >asSpain and Uefalona teams
>not overrated as fuck

the only person even close to being as overrated is Busquets

He was injured before the WC and missed the first two games. He was forced to play the last group stage despite not being fit. Hardly a choke.

>As seen in the 2006 WC final huh
Did you even watch the fucking game? He had a VERY GOOD game and scored a clutch penalty. The red card was very late in the game and had no effect on the actual play. The headbutt was a stupid thing to do no doubt about it, but that was hardly choking and nowhere near a legacy ruining incident like fucking yanks like to think.

If you really want to talk shit about him not being clutch you should try Euro 2004, but of course you wouldn't know it because you started watching football after your beloved Iniesta won the treble.

Anybody have the .gif or webm of De Rossi megging Iniesta? Glorious.

>American obsession with talking about """stacked""" teams

Spain has always been a stacked team you moron, and they never won a single world cup till 2010.

ok and?

>Le five guys surrounding la legend.jpg

>and nowhere near a legacy ruining incident

That's exactly what it was you tosser.

> because you started watching football after your beloved Iniesta won the treble.

>This projecting.

>Denying the very undeniable fact that Iniesta has won every major trophy there is to be won from 2006 - 2016
>Can't acknowledge this cause he's a buttbummed Madrid bandwagoner

Sad that you have to drag people down to your level with allegiance to a club that's nowhere near your country.

So it's pretty stupid to say that he only succeeded cause he was in a stacked team if the previous stacked teams of the future couldn't win a single thing.

He has carried the team into the Finals.

Without him coming back for the team, the NT would have literally fallen apart, because nobody listened to the cuck coach.

He scored the penalty against Italy in the Finals.

And then he headbutted some Italian faggot.

>US of A

>thinking he is entitled to argue about anything regarding football

Go back to your American Football.
You have no clue about real football.

I'm not talking about his success

I am talking about how overrated he is

>Thinks I'm American and don't just live here.

Now do you have an actual argument? Oh that's right you don't.

Only 2009 shitters and contrarians actually believe it was.

>this projecting
You out yourself as a 2009 shitter the moment you call 2002 was Zidane's choke.

>>Denying the very undeniable fact that Iniesta has won every major trophy there is to be won from 2006 - 2016
I didn't deny that. I only call you out on your clutch bullshit.

>hurr durr club allegiance
He could play for Southampton for all I care, but that doesn't change the fact that he was a very clutch player. Fucking hell, one can even argue his legacy is all about how he showed up when it matters.