Discuss the Flat Earth theory

Discuss the Flat Earth theory.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Myth_of_the_flat_Earth
youtube.com/watch?v=e5-k9TYsGgo
youtube.com/watch?v=CuvPAm9XIsY
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The flat earth society has people all around the globe.

Please don't.

People used to think that the Earth was flat and that if you sailed out to sea you would fall off the edge and be eaten by dragons. They have since been proved wrong.

How would gravity work on a flat earth?

top kek

total bullshit .

kek

When and how?

Same as every other natural phenomena like day/night, seasons, horizons, tides, etc.

It wouldn't.

>believing that earth isn't flat

What you mean by "how"? Gravity will work the same.

Open a fucking book, you degenerate ignorant basement dweller.
I bet you're a fucking low IQ americunt

I'm just gonna say this. All thoughts are possible. Is it possible for a flat planet to exist yes is our planet flat no. Is it possible for super heroes with super powers to exist yes do they exist on our planet yes but only as myth. But we have the technology to make superhumans. Just like we have the ability to make a flat planet.

It started off as someone trying to get attention then actually stupid people thought they were serious and took it as a sign to "stand up for what you believe in". Now we have inbred hillbillies with less brain cells than corn on the cob trying to de-bunk space missions and spreading their propaganda though the internet.

I want that on a t shirt.

No, it won't, inherantly. A flat world would collapse under its own weight

If it worked as we understand it correctly, your disk would be crushed into a sphere by its own weight.

/thread

Darude Sandstorm

Open a fucking book? How about you close your fucking books because they're obviously feeding you nothing but bullshit

Took me a few seconds to get it. kekked

it's not theory it's a proven fact that the earth is flat u fucking retarded cunt

>Is it possible for a flat planet to exist yes
Not if it formed naturally.
See

Magellan's circumnavigation.

I don't claim to have any or all answers to this crazy world, but one thing is for sure, if you believe everything from the "officials" then you really have thoughts for yourself, and you can't think outside the heliocentrical universe that is presented to you. If we really did live on what they tell us we do, then why don't we have a real picture of the Earth. You can find real selfies of douches all over the place, but no one "real" actual photo of the Earth that hasn't been photoshopped. If one thing is proven to be wrong, you must at least question the whole story then.

No, stop, stop!

All thoughts are possible. Okay, sure. Is it possible for a flat planet to exist? In certain models of the universe, yes. This doesn't necessitate that our universe is one such universe.

Is it possible for super heroes with super powers to exist? Sure. Do they exist as a concept on our world? Yes, most certainly.

Do we have the technology to make superhumans with superpowers? I don't think we have -all- the technology, and I don't think they would be the same kind of superhumans that exists in concept alone.

And we don't appear to have the ability to make a flat planet. We can only imagine and illustrate the required variables that would allow one to exist. We most definitely do not have a giant press in space.

>nothing but bullshit
I'm fine with bullshit that provides me with modern standards of living.

People never really believed the earth was flat, ancient greeks and romans thought of the earth as spherical. The idea that people in days of old (medieval times) thought earth was flat and you can sail off the edge is actually just an old wives tail, scholars of this time also believed the earth to be round
>tl;dr no one ever believed the earth to be round, except for retards and trolls
> see en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Myth_of_the_flat_Earth

>standards of living
Thank goodness you aren't being provided that because you're a Physics major.

And if your read my comment you would see I said make. That's not say it can't exist naturally just not likely based on the survival of the fittest. A flat planet would not be as optimized as a spree planet and the universe is all about optimization. So yeah the earth is a sphere.

What the fuck is a Magellan's circumcision yiu're probably some shielded euro cunt the earth is flat and i am a proud american who is capable of accepting the truth that the earth is flat

this

seriously? you do know that there are ships going over the edge then ? it is impossible that no one would have seen the edge ever? and you think every pilot, flight personel, and sailors in the world is in on it ? its the stupidest thing ive ever heard !

Discoveries by physic majors, developed by engineers, provided you with TV, phone, car, GPS and so on.

Things closer to the edges would appear to fall diagonally though.

DO YOU NOT KNOW WHAT PICTURES ARE YOU FUCK

FUCKING

THEY ARE POINTS OF LIGHT BEING CAPTURED ON A FLAT PLANE. IT'S ALL FUCKING OPTICS. YOUR EYES ARE FUCKING CAMERAS. YOU DON'T FUCKING SEE IN TRUE XYZ DIMENSIONS. THAT'S WHY ALL PICTURES WITH ONE POINT OF CAPTURE ARE ONLY CAPABLE OF CAPTURING THE REFLECTED IMAGE OF ONLY THE FACSE OF EACH SURFACE PERPENDICULAR TO THE POINT OF CAPTURE.

WE COULD CONSTRUCT A PANORAMA OF THE EARTH AND YOU STILL WOULDN'T HAVE IT

YOU A SHIT

A SHIT

maybe you do fall off, dragons are powerful creatures and surely they can cast hypnotizing magic to make you believe you're going around the world but actually you're slowly being digested

>based on the survival of the fittest
literally wat.
How does a planet even survive ?

Thanks for that kek user, I can't stand the gullibility of some fellow Americans.

Huuum, if this was true... Wouldn't other flat objectss like paper, wood, or shit like that do the same? Surprisingly it does not happen, meaning that Earth could survive in that shape too.

No, because they are too small to exert gravitational force.

kek

>dragons are powerful creatures
maybe in falcon crest your fave tv game show fantasy

IF YOU GOT ON A PLAVE AND FLEW WEST YOU WOULD EVENTUALLY LAND AT THE SAME PLACE YOU TOOK OFF FROM

/thread

This shit again...

It's a scale issue.
Same reason animals can only get that big.

Not really, gravity would put everything back on the other side when they reach the end.

Yoda don't lie

youtube.com/watch?v=e5-k9TYsGgo

The same way we survive. Evolution is apart of everything planets change over time to adapt to there surroundings.

Wierd
In the center of the disc, gravity would be vertical, like normal
And the more you go at the side of the disc, the more gravity would be horizontal toward the center

>this thread

Plane ?

Yeah but you never did so can't be sure and that proves the earth is flat.
I think that's how the reasoning goes.

They do, actually, and it's been proven that everything has gravitational force. We just don't see them moving because they're considered negligible due to much the presence of much greater forces.

Sorry but this is the dumbest thing I've ever seen.

Planets develop as a result of their surroundings, not adaption.

you mad?

TO KILL THIS DISCUSSION!!!

star constalations are changing with the earth rotation. if it was flat we would only see 2 different versions of the night sky.. therefore THE EARTH IS FUCKING ROUND !!!!!

Lulz. Yes. My English bad but yes PLANE

I really like the way you're thinking.
Is that how it feels to be on acid ?
To feel an omnipresent underlying connection between all beings ?

/THREAD

Nothing kills the delusion.

Yes he does.

Nice job taking his b8

Devolpe. Adapt. Same shit.

It doesn't makes sense. If gravity worked like that, why is it that there is no effect on big buildings? Fucking faggots.

Haha if only I had acid. But everything is connected

There is.
That's why we started making bigger buildings when steel became common place, as it as a higher strength by weight than rock.

No, adaption is in response to.

A planet develops as a result of manipulations, not anything of its own doing. It's the difference in saying the ball of playdoh adapted into a ball when you molded it into the ball yourself.

Because those are miniscule compared to planetary bodies you autistic cunt.

can we (the non stupid people in here) just agree that these guys that think the earth is flat are complete retards and move on

TBF i watched a video recently and im kinda convinced its flat, you wouldn't need gravity if we had perfect balance. plus airplanes never have to compensate for the roundness of the earth they just go straight, and why is it we learn the earth is flat right as soon as we enter our schools? same as why people enforce religion at a young age so it sticks in our minds. then we laugh at others for questioning it as if questioning something is a bad thing. same with the food chain we are what we eat, fuck off mate really your diet has been the biggest lie ever. recent studies show that ancient roman civilizations where vegetarian and only ate meat at special events like Christmas etc. but you know why would our government lie to us its not like we are all slaves.

Because they are only big relevant to you. They are tiny compared to the earth.

Go look at "gravity", it is only a theory as well, the whole idea starts with the assumption that we live on a ball, if you explanation for how we live on a ball start with the statement " if the earth is a ball, then how can we prove any thing, we need to start from a neutral ground, neither flat, nor spherical, otherwiseyour argument is completely redundant

Doesn't make sense?

Okay. Jump.

Did you get pulled down?

gravity.

Structural efficiency, density...

A planet adapts as a result of manipulations, not anything of its own doing. It's the difference in saying the ball of playdoh developed into a ball when you molded it into the ball yourself

More proof, with Science!

youtube.com/watch?v=CuvPAm9XIsY

0/10

Planes don't have to compensate for it because gravity does that already.

If you have flown on an aircraft that has reached greater than FL280, you can see the curvature of the earth. Most long distance flights utilize jetways that operate at FL300 to FL390(varying for separation rules, as well as NE-ODD/SW-EVEN).

There is also the basic rationale that if you have a telescope, every other object in the sky is a sphere. You can also buy a rocker and put a go-pro on it and see that the earth is a sphere.

Try making a tower 2cm high out of modelling clay.
It will stand.
Now try to do the same thing, upscaled to 2m, 20m, 200m etc.
It will collapse.

Idem for planets.
Small asteroids can have any shape, but the bigger planets collapse into a near perfect sphere.

(not him) the picture posted there is just written by a complete retard that doesn't even understand color balance in pictures
OOH THIS BLUE IS A DIFFERENT BLUE
just, don't .. please
i'm not surprised that its people like this that can't even understand basic shit think retarded shit like the earth is flat or any other bullshit

That's nice. I believe what I belive. You don't have to this is just a talk amongst fellows

obvious troll is obvious

Preach it trips

I think it's a gravity issue. Let's say you're at the edge of a flat earth wouldn't you get squashed, as with being at the centre
wouldn't you just feel really light or float?

wat

Sweet! Been waiting for one of these threads to pop up.

Rather than attack Flat Earthers with science (which is what always happens), can someone explain exactly why every government is covering this up.

Hard mode: what is the point in trying to convince everyone that the earth is not round??

The fact you think a planet is alive is concerning to me.

Planets like ours have heat production, this is energy for organisms to live on. Under the right elements and placement to the sun for ideal temps, life can grow ON the planets surface.

Adaption is something only living things do in evolution.

It's especially hard to trust the judgment of someone who can't spell "inherently" properly.

something something controlling the masses something something wake up sheeple.

You're a fucking low iq redneck, I fucking hate you and everyone like you, worst than fucking kikes get cancer you worthless prick son of a fucking slut

Yes, I too determine 100% of what I know from whether or not anyone ever made a typo.

So trust me, because my spelling is perfect.

You need to stop trolling, turn off your computer, and go outside once in awhile.

Don't trust him and start building clay towers.
Or trust the sciencists community.

Everything is living. We live inside a brain we call god/universe.

Wouldn't it be more sinister if all of NASA's Earth photos looked them same?

No, gravity doesn't work that way. Nobody really knows how gravity works. But it wouldn't crush you.
As far is this flat earth goes, I'd say it's more like a space station, not an actual flat earth like the monkeys think. An artificial habitat, construct. Maybe we're the aliens escaping the dying world. And we forgot.