Help me out Sup Forums. My relationship with my girlfriend is deteriorating because of my obsession with music...

Help me out Sup Forums. My relationship with my girlfriend is deteriorating because of my obsession with music. She thinks I care more about music than about her, which is beginning to be true by now. I no longer want to go to gigs with her, because she's so irritating at them, needing my attention. The last gig we went to together was a band I've been waiting about 12 years to see, and finally got the opportunity. It costed £100, and she cried three fucking times. The first one she brought up my childhood depression while we were in the crowd, and cried. Then I went to get us drinks, and she didn't have her ID on her so I lined up. The queue was massive and people without ID weren't allowed in the separate area. I came back with our drinks and she was crying a-fucking-gain, she thought I'd gone off and just left her there. Said she thought she was going to have a panic attack. Afterwards we waited outside where the band was going to come out, I got excited, them basically being my childhood heroes. She made us leave so we could get the train home as early as possible. Then she cried on the way to the station, because she needed the toilet and thought she was going to piss herself, getting angry with me about it. Also during the concert she kept touching my face every ten seconds, I was visibly annoyed but she wouldn't stop, I don't even know what she was doing.

Then there was a small festival where loads of my favourite bands were playing, she wasn't able to go but I was. So I went on my own, was this a dick thing to do? She said that if there was something she wanted to go to and I couldn't she would have just not gone, and she expected me not to go to it even though I couldn't have seen her anyway. It would have been the best weekend of my life if it wasn't for her. I made friends, had fun, got drunk. She kept texting me making me feel guilty, telling me how angry she was and how she didn't sleep at night.

There's more but it won't fit. What do I do? Pic unrelated

over the course of your relationship, she betafied you. Now when there's a moment you're not caring about her, fe. you care about yourself for the duration of a concert, she flips her shit. Sadly this behaviour is quite widespread, and the only solution is to drop her like a brick. trust me, it's not going to get better. Just accept that your relationship has died and move on.

Fuck that bitch, you are the most important person in your life

dubs speak the truth
don't get her infect you with chronic bitch dependency

she sounds like a cunt? where you from OP? I know an England girl exactly like this from south-west.

Delete system32.

sounds like she needs a therapist

You don't have an obsession with music user. You're a normal human being with normal interests. She is clearly an insane control freak, and you should get out of there.

if she cant try to understand or even let you enjoy your passion, leave her.
I dont care about how long youve been together, future plans, history, fuck that.
Get people like her out of your life. Male yourself happy, and dont settle on some controling, guilt tripping cunt

Starting to feel this way to be honest, she's just too clingy all the time. Which I thought was great during the honeymoon stage, thought we were so in love. But I can't even go to anything without her passive aggressively guilt tripping me into thinking I'm a twat. Reading festival is coming up, she wants to go to the whole weekend, I said I can't afford it (£220, no chance) but that I'd get a one day ticket. She said "but then I'd have to go and see all the bands you want to see". Well yeah why else would I be going to a fucking music festival, come or don't. It's RHCP, Eagles Of Death Metal, fucking King Gizzard. I can't not go to that. (Sorry for basically having an imaginary argument here, I just need to vent anonymously)

Wow you're better off without this bitch

That's not an obsession with music, that's her having issues. I'd recommend considering breaking up with her. Her breaking down and crying so frequently is either a sign of some severe psychological issues, or her being a control freak.

Yeah I was making up a formal statement earlier in my head about telling her that she can either accept that I care more about music than my own life or just don't and move on. I think it's okay to get overexcited about things. Just earlier today she said I get too overexcited at gigs and that annoys her. I'm not some cringelord that goes SQUEEE at things, and I don't try and start moshpits or anything like that, I just look at the band more than I look at her. I don't get the logic behind it.

it's summer dude. dump her, fuck new broads at festivals, enjoy your new found happiness and ability to enjoy things without someone guilt tripping you for doing shit they initially prolly found attractive in you in the first place

I just want to stick it out for a bit first, see if anything changes. If not then yeah, fuck this I need music more than this.

She obviously has some kind of issues and really, really needs to get help. That behaviour is not normal. I don't know what else happened between you and her, but you sound pretty normal. Either leave her and or try to make it work, but either way, you really need to make her get help.

Yeah I consider myself normal enough. I'm a bit on the quiet side, and very frequently completely space out, daydreaming a lot. I think she's quite insecure.

protip: it's never going to get better than how it is right now

downwards spirals and all. Just go for the mercy blow for the both of you instead of prolonging the suffering

I guess she wants attention? Either way, staying with her isnt doing either of you any favors. She will continue to get annoyed, and you will continue with her huffs and puffs, never able to just completely let go and enjoy the moment. ive been there, and it sucks. you should NEVER need somebody else's approval to enjoy things.

that behaviour is very unlikely to stop, or she'll develop some other issues while trying to supress that behaviour if it's not professionally dealed with. Only very few people are capable of changing something like that on their own.

If I had to take a guess, I'd say she has DPD, that seems way past regular insecurity, but you really can't say that for sure based on so little information.

Wow yeah she kind of fits the description. She's also put on a bit of weight since we met too, not landwhale amount but definitely noticeable. Said she'd go to the gym but only if her mum paid for it. She does still live at home though and in college so it's understandable but still, not even a bit of effort. Her perfect round bum has disappeared into ripples because she stopped doing horseriding so she could spend an extra few hours with me on the weekends. Which is cute and everything but fuck me. She's stopped doing anything outside of school, parties, and seeing me.