If you were traveling at the same speed of a fired bullet, then fired a gun directly behind you...

If you were traveling at the same speed of a fired bullet, then fired a gun directly behind you, what happens to the bullet when it's fired?
Pic related

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BLuI118nhzc
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Bump

It would fall down, myth busters did it with a cannon I think.

I think it would just fall to the ground, mythbusters did that with a cannonball and it fell to the ground so thats my guess

9/11

But that was with a ball at not that high of a speed

Kek

The bullet would fire backwards like normal? Wouldn't it?

So? If the car was at the speed of the bullet it'd still fall down.

and its not a guess, bitches, its science. Addition of vectors

Explain

Speed is the magnitude of velocity, so it would be 0 because the car's magnitude negate's the bullets magnitude.

answer youtube.com/watch?v=BLuI118nhzc

Relative to the person who fires the shot, yeah. But it has zero velocity relative to the ground so it'll just drop.

What if you fired forwards?

Vehicle and bullet going at same rate of speed will cancel each other out! Bullet will drop.

It's a reference frame question. In the frame where the car and user are moving, the bullet falls down. In anons frame, the bullet appears to fire backwards as normal. It's relative, but yes, anyone observing from outside would see the bullet fall

If you fired behind you the car would just left behind the damn bullet that would just continue its travel
So much lack of common sense holy shit

It would travel with twice the speed; once again vector addition.

Bullet speed would be 2B

>But that was with a ball at not that high of a speed

It would hit you in the face

You would shoot yourself in the face, in the same way as when you piss into the wind.