Hello Sup Forums

Hello Sup Forums

I want to hear some opinions on the merits and/or the dangers of vaccinations. Seems to be a really popular debate today with one side saying they are great and the other side saying they actually harm you. I lean towards the latter, seeing that there are TONS of coverups in vaccine studies and also the fact that most of the FDA is made up of people with connections to pharma companies (and of course Monsanto). I'm guessing you pay scientists enough, they will "discover" or "prove" anything you want. What are your thoughts on this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=X366ZHEkkYg
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vaccine
rationalwiki.org/wiki/Anti-vaccination_movement
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Fucking vaccinate your kids so we don't wind up a third world country getting cases of the mumps, measles, chicken pox etc.

Something other than vaccinations is causing autism, like browsing Sup Forums or just being born a fucking autist

I'm a pharmacist, but I don't need to be to know that vaccines are good things. The only "people" that disagree are just trying to be different for attention by putting their child at extreme risk, or are actually so far past the point of retardation that no amount of autism could actually hurt them.
Autism arguably doesn't even exist, it factually can't be contracted by any kind of scary chemicals, it's just a non-disease that people use as a scare tactic because you can't actually prove or disprove it.
With polio actually making a fucking comeback in humanity, with the plague being found in dozens of animals across North America, and STDs not even being acknowledged, you can either get a vaccine or get the disease (which most vaccinated diseases have no accessible cures, because you know, vaccines work)

You are crazy

Like doctors have to actually check for MMR in kids because so many parents are choosing to be fuckwits. It's more money away from the hospitals, it's more money away from the people when they're told their kid has mumps and there's nothing you can do, anti-vaccine is literally just a joke that got too big

Vaccinations work. Just don't buy into things like yearly flu vaccines, unless you're 60+ or have a fucked up immune system you only need the major vaccinations. Mumps, Measles, Polio, etc.

>Proven upsides to vaccinations
>Hypothetical downsides to vaccinations
Get kids vaccinated. Although I've been curious the last few years as to why we have this rampant growth of autism/ aspergers. And it's not because we can test for it better.

Can you provide evidence of the following claim:
>"there are TONS of coverups in vaccine studies"

You've made that claim, now back it up. If you can't back it up, it's worthless.

Honestly, I'm more inclined to believe it would be something like, for example, exposure to vehicle exhaust, as opposed to Vaccinations. I'm not saying that the cause is such exposure, but I think something of that sort would be more reasonable.

Confirmed rampant. I even have it.

Autism/Aspergers hasn't had a "rampant growth" it's simply being overdiagnosed by doctors who don't know why the kids are weird and just say "oh, well they fit these incredibly vague autism spectrum symptoms, better medicate the shit out of them rather than just beating the parents for being so bad at parenting"

That's not to say there isn't autism or aspergers, there's just a whole lot less of it that people think. Like how ADD and ADHD are real things but most of the people diagnosed with them are just hyper and need better outlets for their energy.

Yearly flu vaccines are just updated vaccines that prevent against the latest and greatest flu that's around. There's hundreds of influenza strains and each one needs a different antibody. It's why swine flu and pig flu only affected people who were both unvaccinated to it and also unable to survive a normal flu

Bird flu* or whatever the fuck people who decide to name a strain as.
Swine flu and bird flu were normal flus, humans probably already have been having it for months/years but "human flu" isn't as scary sounding

Vaccines are such a joke. I would never trust Big Pharma with injecting their shite into me or my kids. They are after the $$$ and will do or say anything to get it.

Now Down's Syndrome... that's different. Those fuckers are breeding and we just let them have "normal" kids who carry the markers.

This

You are everything wrong with modern humanity. Please kill yourself and any offspring you may have created.

Someone with polio could just sneeze on your baby, that's a more "natural" vaccine

No. That's not how that works. Please be trolling.

HAHAHAH Yea.... Definitely not getting flu shots after seeing this: youtube.com/watch?v=X366ZHEkkYg

Pic related (screenshot of video). It's a sheep dragging her kid back for the "right vaccination" after Wal Mart fucked up lolol

Big Pharma is so big that any kind of provable issues with any kind medicine from like Bayer or Novartis would be worldwide news within an hour. Big Pharma already has the money, Big Pharma already has the entire global market, Big Pharma already has millions upon millions of people, both educated and dumbshit, trying to prove them wrong at least once. If you don't trust medicine and you're not smart enough to make your own medicine and realize it's the same germs and chemical, then you're fucked

It's funny how there's an anti vaccine movement leading to resurgence of diseases while at the same time antibiotics are overused leading to resistant germs.
Almost like humans want to get sick and die on purpose.

Sooner or later it's how you'll get your polio antibodies unless you have someone who knows what they're doing give you the easy, dead version of polio

This user gets it.

>opinions
This is exactly the problem. People think that their "opinions" on proven scientific fact have some meaningful bearing on the situation.

Antibiotics and vaccines are not nearly the same, antibiotics should definitely be used in a closed environment, no trashing your pills or washing your skin cream down the drain, that was unavoidable with how widespread antibiotics are.
Vaccines are a one-organism deal, you can't just transfer your vaccination to something else

That's exactly it, both methods are different and yet there would always be lots of people who abuse them to make it miserable for everyone else, and eradicated diseases either come back or existing ones come back stronger.

If a parent doesn't want to get their kid vaccinated then it's their choice. Getting shots for smallpox and hepatitis b/c is one thing but you shouldn't be committing a crime if you don't want to get every single needle the government decides you should.

We wouldn't have to worry about existing ones being stronger if people just got their fucking vaccines

But it's not a legal crime, it's just a crime against society and a crime against the centuries of dedicated lives that fought for you to have a $10 permanent cure to diseases that literally wiped out nations

This is the only reasonable declaration made in this thread.

Why don't they make vaccines for diseases like syphilis, gonorrhea, aids

Hey Sup Forums im 19 and have never been vaccinated my entire life, and have never gotten any types of sick other common flu and cold, the only thing i think is necessary is shit like poleo cause its sort of on the rise

Vaccines don't work on viruses you can't kill what's already dead
Viruses are spooky

It will be soon. And there are plenty of other crimes against "society" going on that could be addressed. Like, oh, I don't know, legalized racketeering, indentured servitude, and the like. If you want to get up in arms about a "crime against society", why not pick one of the ones that destroys generations of people's lives and not just potentially a classroom's worth of kids?

Did you say plague ?? Please explain.

Vaccines affect generations of people with the more and more dumbfucks that refuse it, unlike slavery which just affects niggers, homeless Asian girls and the slavemaster niggers doing it all

It's all for money. Vaccinations, in my opinion, are not necessary unless the child is dying of a disease. And no, the purpose of vaccinations is not to protect precious little children from diseases, it's just bullshit which usually causes more problems than it solves. My friend's sister gave all her kids vaccinations, probably more than was necessary. As a result, two of them have down syndrome and the other has social problems (could possibly be aspergers) and dyslexia. I know of many other cases as well, and I doubt it's a coincidence. As humans, we've survived for a long ass time without vaccinations and we've had no problems. Only a few generations ago, we hardly had anybody complaining about their kids having autism and all these mental problems.

As long vaccines are 100% privately regulated I'll trust them
It's in northwest America and I think somewhere in the south too, there's more and more rodents getting actual bubonic plague, and a few months ago we saw that its made the jump to a dog

You. Be careful
You. Stfu, autism cant be caught or developed you stupid knobheaded cunt.

Vaccines don't work when you already have the disease, that's the whole fucking point of vaccines. And the girl you know has a genetic history of downs and is a horrible parent, 100% guaranteed

He means Bubonic Plague. As in the Black Death. Ticks carried it from rats to deer, cows, dogs, cats, and tons of other animals. Europeans had large-scale genetic immunity and vaccines were made for everyone else.

Sweet trips.

"Slavery only affects niggers." is the just, wow, man. I don't believe you're arguing any point. You either don't know what slavery is, or you don't care. Either way, I'm done.

Keep pretending that you have an opinion.

There's actually not a single thing in vaccines (other than the dead disease itself) that could cause a biological disease

Whatt you mean be careful

It's sad to see supposedly intelligent people using so shallow answers to a problem that is bigger than it seems.

Is Vaccination good? Of course it is, it's proven to keep people from getting sick, it's a smart move making your body immune to the disease before it can fuck you.

Are the Vaccines being created right now safe? That's the problem, and that's the center of all discussion.

It's naive to believe that scientists are not corrupt, and that they don't falsify data. There are huge cases of corruption in the scientific community and people intentionally misinterpreting data to suit their narrative. It's even more now that science is mostly a government program.

>"no problems"
>tfw black plague almost made us extinct

>vaccines are great against terrible dieses
>vaccines are also still live viruses, doctors Will tell you otherwise but in the fine print of the forums it says they are. If a virus isn't alive your body won't attack it and create an immunity
>average people with no health problems that get the flu vaccine are retarded

He does have an opinion. It's wrong, backwards, and criminally negligent, but still technically an opinion.

You should have put a "valid" in before opinion.

If you think vaccines are bad, then don't vaccinate your kids. Let them and your shitty, gullible genes die so the rest of society can move on unhindered by your stupidity.

>a crime against the centuries of dedicated lives that fought for you to have a $10 permanent cure to diseases that literally wiped out nations

>seeing that there are TONS of coverups in vaccine studies

[citation needed]

>and also the fact that most of the FDA is made up of people with connections to pharma companies (and of course Monsanto)

[citation needed]

But yes, the organization whose regulations restrict what drug companies can do is completely inline with big pharma.

Thank you for explaining that.
Ik what he meant i just wanted to know where, i live in st. kitts you see
Calm your tits, was genuine not a threat. I mean just don't get sick.

I get where you're coming from. But it's not likely that it is actually his. It's parroted out of ignorance.

Yup... You would seriously think that a genetic elitist would actually hate vaccines. Seeing as how someone as superior as him could have evolved.

Well the thing is that if you say anything to disagree with people who support vaccinations, everybody fucking hates you and wont even listen to the reason you have for your opinion. All I'm saying is, I was only vaccinated once when I was a baby and I have never been vaccinated other than that. I eat healthy and exercise, and I hardly ever get sick. As a kid I've never got anything worse than the flu, so idk. You tell me.

>Not understanding immunology at a high-school level.
>Thinking that all vaccines work the same way.
>Thinking all vaccines use live, unadulterated cultures.

I'm too lazy to explain this to you, nigger. Just read this: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vaccine

The section labeled Types is what you want.

I mean I would hope that the food and drug association has at least a few fucking doctors in there

thanks

I got a vaccination when I was 3 or some shit. Bad batch. I was legally dead within hours, but came back. Every hospital within 50 miles refused to take me.

I haven't been vaccinated or taken a shot of any kind since. I've had 3 fevers and chicken pox in the 24 years since then. I don't give a fuck.

No. Unvaccinated people balls it up for everyone.
If you think vaccines are bad, don't have kids.

Monsanto hasn't done anything wrong. Biotech foods are the future, and vaccines are the reason you didn't die of polio or smallpox. People like you are ruining it for everyone else, don't eat GMO food if you don't want, no one is forcing you. Do you want to deny starving people perfectly good food because some bullshit studies said it might be bad for you? Are you going to walk around spreading diseases that have been cured for decades because you suspect they cause autism? Fuck you.

Parrot.

/Thread.

Great argument, you must be a progressive lefty.

Retard detected. Go back to high school and take a basic biology course you fuckwit.

Average people without serious medical problems don't need the flu vaccine. That said as a doctor I've looked after young healthy people who end up dying from the flu or ending up in ICU for weeks to months. It's rare but it does happen a few times every winter.

It's not an argument. Never claimed it was. I'm just stating a fact. You heard these things and either researched them in-depth and/or trusted them implicitly because you trusted the sources (whom you would also have to have researched in depth)

the worst vaccine j had was for yellow fever and I got an arm pain and a rash. 2 weeks later while I was in Africa the news was that yellow fever is still spreading rapidly despite their best Kenyan doctors working on it. I was in some fucking deep rural Africa and saw and was in contact with some horribly sick people, but I left healthy, white and happy

You're a retard

Vaccines are ridiculously cheap, lifelong treatment for a patient who caught a preventable disease is far more expensive. If Pharma wanted more money, they certainly wouldn't be pushing vaccines.

>Seems to be a really popular debate today with one side saying they are great and the other side saying they actually harm you. I lean towards the latter, seeing that there are TONS of coverups in vaccine studies
What cover ups?

The problem is, what uninformed people view as cover-ups are usually the informed community calling bullshit or terribly done studies.

Like injecting rats with stuff to see if they grow tumours, but using a species of rat that naturally will develop tumours no matter what you do.

The scientific community ignore these kinds of "findings" aren't cover-ups, they're people realising that there is nothing that can gained from such a flawed study.

The problem is, people unaware, uneducated or corrupt enough, hear that no one is talking about X product giving rats tumours and think that the scientific community is covering shit up.

To a T, all of the people against vaccinations are uneducated on the science behind them.
Being uneducated is fine, but you have the choice to become educated and not just give in to panicky fear of other uneducated people.

*your

Why the fuck are you getting a vaccination at walmart Welfarefag

I got to where I was because my genetic line was smart enough to get vaccinated, dumbass.

The point is if you're vaccinated you don't have to deal with most strains of flu, whether they leave you missing work for a week or whether you're a fucking poor and unhealthy shit and die from a flu.
The point is it's one less disease to worry about, the reason you haven't gotten it is because 99% of the people you see every day did

That's the problem with these edgy pseudointellectuals. They mistrust everything public professionals tell them but they get spoonfed all this BS from nutbars without verifying any of that information like a bunch of sheep.

I've done my research, why was that even worth filling out a captcha?
>other people have said this
>you're a mindless sheep for coming to the same conclusion

getting fucked in the ass doesn't count as getting vaccinated fuccboi

LMFAO. You're kidding right? You're going to attribute our being blessed by your greatness to maybe (MAYBE) five generations of government administered vaccinations?

rationalwiki.org/wiki/Anti-vaccination_movement
Moron.

some vaccination is probably good. other vaccinations are just politicians forcing you to pay their friends at pharmaceutical companies.

LOL, I love that line "I've done my research". Looking at some nutbar's website is not doing research you imbecile.

Okay that made me laugh. Sounds like a fucking bird or a baby talking over the intercom haha what the fuck is wrong with that place. And yea, not sure why you would get vaccinated at Walmart in the first place lol.

there were people with autism before vaccinations existed, they were called 'retards'

Kek

Presumably the same level of research as... Oh, I don't know, the ones that developed it? Because that is really the ONLY way to know something.

You can be told for 50 years that 2+2=4 and never do mathematics, you know?

I have not ONCE said that vaccines do not work, by the way. Just in case you think I'm coming from there.

I think they named it like this because the animals were the primary hosts.

Herd immunity (thanks to most people being intelligent enough to get vaccinated still, for now). When enough people stop getting vaccinated, then the idiots who don't are going to start dropping like crazy. Just a matter of time (and stupidity/lack of education).

They still exist. I've seen them lining up for free flu shots and at Hillary Clinton rallies.

Murica at it again
even if it was true the benefits of mass vaccinations outweighs the risk that some kids might become autistic

ITT
Idiots trying to rationalize more shit Trump says.
Just as a reminder, he also denies global warming and is against internet neutrality.

Yeah, and even despite their glaringly obvious physical features, the only reason their are a higher ration of them now is because... We... I actually don't know.

Either there are actually more of them, or we were too stupid to recognize potatoes 30 years ago.

There's actually not any real problem with aspergers. It's considered another kind of "normal" now. Aspies tend to wind up with aspies, so it's a non-issue. They also tend to be the kinds of people who get shit done (i.e doctors/lawyers/leaders/small business starters/Elon Musk is probably an aspie).

Some nutbar? I'm talking about the huge number of independent peer reviewed studies on Biotech foods. They are nutritionally the same as non-GMO. There's been like two studies that vaguely suggest otherwise. As far as vaccines go, anyone with half a brain knows that vaccines work. Any potential side effects are worth avoiding a fucking pandemic.

I didn't know Kermit the Frog worked at Walmart.

Still, here's what happens if you get the wrong vaccine: You're inoculated against that strain.

That's it.

Moreover, a store injecting you with the wrong thing is hardy the fault of the medicine.

They are supposed to harm you,that is how you grow immunity to them.They are not super 50000% steroid powered,they are weakend strains

Thinking anything beyond this, is doing it for attention

He never claimed it was the same, just two trends that can fuck us up.

Honestly, I feel like diseases will pull the people who are anti-vaccine out of the breeding pool eventually, so I don't worry too much about arguing about any of this.