Hey Sup Forums i have a question for u

Hey Sup Forums i have a question for u
I want to expand my ram in pc
I have 3 1gig rams and i want to add a 4rth
The hertz of the new ram must be the same as the rest of the rams or it doesnt matter?

It does matter.

how old is your computer?

You should keep them same for consistency, but if you don't, just don't go under with the new one. If the new one is higher, your mobo will just clock it down to match the others.

fucking cuck

It does matter, the computer will lower the clockspeed of the other RAM to match the lowest one.

and much more..
op find out what CPU you have and what mobo, then do your research.

I see.
I downloaded cpuz and at memory it says something about 400hz if i remember well. Thiz stands for the hz of each ram seperatelly or the sum of my rams?

if it's 400(likely Mhz, not hz kek) then it's probably DDR RAM, in which case it's legacy af, dont bother

Very old
8 hears old. We grew up together :'(

Individual. If they're at 400 though, just go buy a fucking new pc, that one's a lost cause.

Yep its ddr2

Even worse xD If it were DDR you could at least sell it for a bit cause it's that old, DDR2 is too shit to upgrade and not old enough to be worth anything

Im waiting summer sales to buy a laptop since i will go to university this year

the hertz can be whatever you want it'll sync up to the slower one i think. but guess what 400 mhz vs 100 mhz doesn't mean shit because guess what both are faster than you can even count

This is so fun to read while tripping on LSD

Ikr all i can play without lagging is pacman and gta sa

Just wait until then, don't bother with the upgrade. Bide your time.

send me an email at [email protected] I think I may have some lying around I can send you, and I'm sure af not using it lol

Thats what im going to do cuz i was looking prices for 400mhz and 500mb of ram costs 10€
Fuq dat shiet

1 GB ram sticks? Where did you find this piece of shit? A museum?

Gonna message u tomorrow its 3:30 pm here and i need some sleep

It's 02:30 pm here

he's not using it to count

Ikr its like those old pcs found at school with the huge monitors laying down and be full of dust

Just download some.

No prob, I'm leaving for the weekend, but I understand the nostalgia and if I can make that better for you by sending you something I've never used before and never will touch again, then glad I can user, I can probably find a gig to send.

Do you have 4 slots with 3 used? If one of them is less than a gig and I find more than one 1GB card then I can send you more than one, wont cost me anything more anyway

Get 2 2gb sticks of the same kind and throw the old ones out.. Rams like everything else, it goes bad..

>download ram

kek

Yes 4 slots 3 used. Ok user i will message you. Thanks anyway

Doesnt worth so much money

Ram is fairly cheap now I'd just toss the sticks you have and pick up 8gb that is if you have a 64 bit OS

you can get 8gb for like 39 bucks on newegg