Should guns be legal yes or no?

should guns be legal yes or no?

I don't understand.

America is already great.

legal guns yes? no?

fucking airsoft gun trying to hide the orange tip

It'd be illegal to make them illegal.

I don't see any orange tip, user.

Yes. But they should be a lot harder to get.

Yes, and they will be as long as I and my armed brotheren have them.

This

how so?

This isn't a yes or no question.

yes with a reason and permits requiring countersignature from medical professional verifying your mental state and needing regular renewal.

Own firearms in the UK & skeet shoot competitively

It should be illegal for a democrat to own a gun.

Yes.

To a lot of people it is, a great number of people want to ban them outright

That sounds like a lot of cuckery.

I'm generally very liberal on most shit (voted for Sanders) but guns are my most conservative issue. Yes, they should be legal. However yes we should also improve screening. I don't want to take anything away from anybody who is of sound mind, but I really honestly don't see why we're having such a hard time agreeing that we have some crazy troubled assholes out there who really don't need access to deadly weapons.

Only fascists should be able to own guns.

Guns are legal, therefore you should ask if guns should be illegal. ? ffs.

>The states
god your country is so fucked in the near future (more so than now)
I'll leave you to your denial :^)

How long/expensive was the possess? Do you own shotguns or rifles?

Kek

No, fascist democrats are the last people you want armed.

>However yes we should also improve screening. I don't want to take anything away from anybody who is of sound mind, but I really honestly don't see why we're having such a hard time agreeing that we have some crazy troubled assholes out there who really don't need access to deadly weapons.

Omar Mateen had mental screenings when he became an armed prison guard. Mental screenings do not screen out homicidal crazies. It is very easy to keep a straight face and tell a medical professional that you do not have any suicidal or homicidal thoughts.

I don't think you people understand how mental screenings happen. No one scans your brains for malicious thoughts.

Depends on whether Trump's head is inside that cap

I think the trouble comes in when the "left, progressive, liberals etc. etc." ask for more gun control but the Orlando shooter was being watched by the FBI at some point... if he isn't added to a list where he can't pass background check then what the fuck are the feds really doing?

it is but then again its better than mass shootings being more regular than the fucking mail man

don't tell me how to live my life faggot

Europoor detected

In the United States, that's not even up for discussion: It's part of our Constitution.

Now, what should be discussed is how can we reduce the amount of gun violence, keeping the weapons out of the hands of crazy people, terrorists and known, violent criminals.

Unfortunately a law was passed some 20 years ago (at the urging of the NRA) which effectively banned all research in to gun violence and even steps other countries where guns are legal, but gun deaths are low. We could probably learn a lot if we simply studied, say, Switzerland. But the NRA doesn't want that, because all they care about is the people who pay THEM to pay the politicians (ie gun manufacturers).

Every American has the right to own a gun thanks to the Second Amendment. However, thanks to the 14th Amendment, that right CAN be taken away with "due process of law" if someone commits a crime or are generally a shitbag.

Personally I'm betting the ban on research gets lifted, but we all get to keep our firearms. Despite what the radical NRA fucknuggets suggest. "The gubmint want to take our guuuuns!"

Yes, but they have to fire tiny pamphlets on gun safety instead of bullets.

Guns are tools. It's the messed up people that use them wrong. Should we have alcohol in the US? Wait they already banned that before and what came out of that? Illegal alcohol. So if you take the guns out of the hands of the good guys then only the bad guys have them. Do you think the bad guys are going to give them up. Hell no. How do we defend ourselves?

OFC IT SHOULD BE FUCK THESE NON AMERICAN NO BILL OF RIGHTS FAGGOTS

yes. In the places that choose it so for their people.
but where do we draw the line. what gun is too unsafe for civilian handling? there are plenty, but the real problem is what person is not safe around a gun?

it is. and a question that should be left up to each country to democratically decide on their own.

yes

1. That's a pellet gun.
2. yes they should be legal.
3. asdfdsa

my mail man comes every day but sunday.. mass shootings aren't that prevalent. you are just mashing them all together. people still talk about columbine and that was more than 15 years ago

NEED GUN TO REMOVE KEBAB, YES LEGAL

nah...its just a piece of shit walther p22

both. Shotguns you require a standard permit which isnt expensive to obtain but it makes sure you are committed to the sport before buying to stop shitheads owning guns on a whim but the rifles i had to provide the use and the caliber for the FAC. its to stop you getting a .308 just to rail rabbits.

More like pilot licensing. Anyone can be a pilot, if they pass the written and practical tests, spend the appropriate time in training, pass the psych and medical evals, and re-up their licensing every few years. It's not hard; it just requires the appropriate allocation of resources and time. It's not a casual decision.

In fact, this is very similar to the procedure many other countries have for getting a firearm.

Only non negros should be able to own guns, solves the heavily lopsided murder statistics

I agree it's left up to the handler to decide how to use it. but they are tools of death, no less. not every incident occurs by some mentally ill individual, but rather sometimes someone who is incompetent in the care for the weapon. someone who leaves it in a place where someone besides themselves can get it, or leave it chambered why they "clean" it.

some people should not be allowed to have firearms. and it's not just muslims, children, and crazies.

why do we need guns
>what if an intruder has a gun?
why does the intruder have a gun
>because its legal

kek'd

I'm not a mental health professional so I have no specific rebuttal to this except to agree that you're right that it's hard. If it were easy we'd probably already be doing it.
>if he isn't added to a list where he can't pass background check then what the fuck are the feds really doing?
Exactly.

Berman P1 pellet pistol, German made

Yes... they are tools whose purpose is killing.

Shotguns and hunting rifles have the purpose of killing animals.

Pistols and assault rifles have the purpose of killing humans.

no. but they already are and have been in america for too long

theres no going back now. pandora's box cant be closed. and like this guy said, it would be less safe for the average law abiding citizen to be stripped of their firearms in a country with about 300 legally registered firearms and probably twice as many or more illegal ones going about

Not the Feds fault. It's the fault of the NRA drones in Congress, also known as the GOP. They've blocked all attempts to make people on the Terrorist Watch List unable to buy weapons.

Beeman I meant

Slavery was also in the Constitution, until later it wasn't.

guys, if we make find illegal all the bad guys will just turn them in

shall not be infringed.

it's pretty simple.

it means fuck your opinion either way.

would it be possible for a civilian to justify anything over .22 on the request form things?

So if it was illegal the intruder could not get a gun?
Share your magic with the war on drugs bro. You could save a lot of heroine addicts.

What do guns and enslaving people have in common?

god damnit

Well you better stay out then. Trust me, we don't need you.

If only we could. Maybe the black on black murder rate would drop below 4x that of white on white.

No it wasn't. Stop believing everything Anderson tells you

That's a really intelligent and insightful argument you have there.

if they only spent little extra resources building a wall or a fence.

>ask for more gun control but the Orlando shooter was being watched by the FBI at some point... if he isn't added to a list where he can't pass background check then what the fuck are the feds really doing?

He was being investigated, he was interviewed by the FBI, and the FBI determined he wasn't breaking any laws and he was no threat. He was taken off the watchlist.

I think firearms (not guns, you dumb faggot) should be legal but well-regulated. There ought to be restrictions on what can and cannot be bought by the general population. For example, I certainly do not believe automatic rifles should be easily obtainable, especially weapons like the Mk. 2 or M-240G. Semi-automatic rifles are a somewhat tricky issue for me. On one hand, they enable massacres. On the other hand, they also represent an insignificant percentage of gun deaths and I'm certainly more concerned about handguns and pistols.

it's not just the terror watch list faggot or the the "no fly list" if this guy (orlando monkey) is being watched once, twice, three fucking times then he should be added to a different list all together. not some arbitrary "no -fly" list post 9/11 bullshit

it is the FEDS fault for having an eye on the guy and then failing to act. not the owner of the gun store who sold the gun legally.. not the manufacturers who made the gun.. the fucking KILLER is 100% responsible but if you want to lay blame lay it on the dumbass feds

well duh. they shuold be legal. what's next, not being able to fuck my pillow? wtf

Make Amercia Rage Again

I'm a gun owner, and I think we do need a better process for more stringent background checks, mental health consideration, and better training before issuing a carry permit. It's not the guns that need the control, its the people. The Supreme Court has already declared that the 2nd amendment does in fact declare the right of the people to keep and bare arms. If that is unacceptable to you, you're welcome to leave the US whenever you feel like it. Bye!

If you make guns illegal, how will drivers on the freeway know I'm mad at them?

kys liberal faggots

welp i guess they didn't watch hard enough then. there is no reason to ban the tool because it was used improperly. idiot

>Hillery cuck right here.
Hmm Fascist or Treasonous Cunt that deserves to be put up in front of a firing squad. Take your pic

It's the truth. We were born with the right. The constitution outlines it. It does not grant it. It makes you aware of it.
Fuck your feelings.

middle finger?

Are there people in this thread who actually think America would violate the constitution and make guns illegal? lmao

Nope.

it's ok to be addicted to heroines

I'm just pointing out that being in the Constitution doesn't make it morally right... it just reflects a political decision made at a specific point in time.

Who the fuck is Anderson?

I'm quoting the Constitution:

"Representatives and direct Taxes shall be apportioned among the several States which may be included within this Union, according to their respective Numbers, which shall be determined by adding to the whole Number of free Persons, including those bound to Service for a Term of Years, and excluding Indians not taxed, three fifths of all other Persons."

>>Pistols and assault rifles have the purpose of killing humans.

Killing humans is the purpose of the 2nd amendment.

That's because the "Terror Watchlist" is a means for the government to punish and restrict the rights of citizens who hold the wrong political beliefs. People have been put onto the "Terror Watchlist" for simply being opponents of the Death Penalty and not allowed onto planes anymore.

The entire idea of a secret list you can get put on for nebulous purposes, with zero knowledge, and zero way to appeal or get off of it, should terrify you. Especially when being on that list deprives you of your rights protected by the US constitution.

Yes. 98% of all killing is done with illegal guns. Why not try to lower that number legally?

Lol, it was a joke, I'm not real involved in politics, and you can see the pistol I have here

yes i have a 308 for deer but you need to state a reason and prove you have the land to use it on e.g. you need a consent from a farmer allowing you to hunt on his land and his land needs to be spacious enough for the use of firearms. If you target shoot you need to be a regular member of a range and they need to 2nd your application.

This

You can't shoot out the tires of a civic with a middle finger. And don't you go telling me to use my horn, a gun shot grabs far more attention.

>heroine addicts

i'm not sure they need saving, is the problem. kind of a harmless vice no? i mean you end up in a lot of trees or dangling over cliffs or whatever but eventually it all works out.

Yes, obviously. Change background checks from a federal level to a state level when it comes to processing them, which would make them more thorough and quicker.

Yes how else am i suppose to kill niggers? with a rope ? that's so 1800

I am skeptical about how actionable mental health screenings would be. There is no central database that manages those records, and as such it would fall onto the buyer to disclose their medical history. As someone who just went to MEPS, that rarely happens.

Further, what do we classify as a "dangerous" mental illness?

what is this statistic that you are pulling out of you ass?

Niggers and muslims should be illegal.

>implying a piece of paper can't be wrong because it was written by your forefathers
>blindly following something because "it's always been this way"

Slavery was a state decision, that was put in so because the south wanted more representation because dem dam yanks. The constitution didn't say anything about slavery.