Why fuck am I still shaking like a leaf after 21 days into alcohol withdrawal? Shits poison

Why fuck am I still shaking like a leaf after 21 days into alcohol withdrawal? Shits poison.

how much and often did you drink?

slowly decrease, over time, how much alcohol you consume

cold turkey with alcohol can cause brain damage among other problems

slow and steady on the decreased consumption and you will emerge a champion

Everyday, up to a 5th plus a shit load of Xanax.

Considering I haven't drank alcohol in 21 days I'm not going back now

Explain 5th? Not sure if it's an Amerifag thing or just something I've never picked up. I've heard of it but I have no clue what amount it is.

Xanax has insane half life. The withdrawal is similar to opiate addiction. Taper off of your use by .5mg per month before going cold turkey to alleviate symptoms depending on your habit.

Two pints of 40% hard liquor, 750 ml

I go to the doctor tomorrow morning, might be able to get klonopin if I show how much I'm shaking.

Tell me are you a badfish too

Still not computing. In britfag land a pint 560 something ml?

750 ml of 80 proof alcohol I think. OP it can take at least a month if not longer.Some people never stop depending on how long you were a drinker. 35 here, drank for 15 years. Still shake, stress and anxiety exasperate it for me.

750 ml worth in Amerifag. Our pints are 375 ml

Equivalent to a 26 Oz. Bottle. 750ml So, about a pint and a half of strong liquor.

Only about 8 months, only started drinking to potentiate the Xanax .

They might keep you on the benzos. I know they use Ativan for alcohol withdrawal so if you are on them already it might be a good idea to stick with it and try your best not to abuse them.

Thanks.
Also hardcore drinker, 26.
I drink Oranjeboom 8.5.
No sign of stopping soon either, haven't got the will power. Also necking alot of speed as of late.

Are you a badfish too but

Take multivitamins every morning. Ensure you are getting large doses of thiamine as your nerve have been damaged be a lack of it. I would avoid the anxiety meds for another month though just to be sure. Eat a lot and avoid high stress situations.

*nerves by

Shit OP, I'm going through something similar, I drank every day for about a year and a half, 750 mL was a good day for me. I know you probably were drinking a lot longer than me, but I was still getting the shakes trying to quit. My suggestion is to just drink a couple of beers when you start feeling shaky, I've gone from going through a 1.5L every day and a half to a couple of beers a day in 3 weeks. I'll still have some mixed drinks on the weekends, but it's so much better than trying to quit cold turkey like a did a couple times before.

It's crazy how much my anxiety has kicked in. i've been taking vitamins and eating, shit just isn't going away.

Would you be kind enough to explain Xanax to the britfag too? I can pronounce it but I have no Idea what it does?

Cold turkey on alcohol is the only drug that can kill you. OP has been clean enough long enough that reintroducing alcohol will draw out the time it takes to recover from the dt's

That and benzos (Xanax in this case) can kill you

For me, I used alcohol as a coping mechanism for anxiety and when I quit, my anxiety went nuts. Just making direct eye contact caused me to shake and feel nuts. Even sleeping was hard. Just hang in there, it will take a good few years until you feel fully 100 percent.

Britfag again. For some reason alcohol has never made me shake. I've had the shakes from long drug fuelled weekends but never from alcohol withdrawal.

It's from sustained continual use. Like drinking all day for 4 months.

It also has a lot to do with your mind set with the anxiety. You really do have the power to get rid of your anxiety naturally without medicine, it just takes some time. Better than making yourself suffer and getting on meds though. It may also just go away.
You can't let yourself give yourself anxiety about having anxiety, basically.

Peep the weak, greet the beast with cheap sticks & feet sweeps
I hated gas, but I freak, cause I got beef with white sheets
I'm leaving school styles lumpy, plus I won't break the humpty dumpty but I keep the hoochie coochies coming
I hear a honeycomb hideout, slide's out
So honies you can come where all the heads hides out
I pray for the chump that bumps me or plays me like a punk
So jump, jump if you want me

No shit shirlock. I am more than qualified to class myself as an alcy. The shakes just don't affect me unless i've done something out of the ordinary (drugs)

Cold turkey Xanax and alcohol withdrawals can kill your nigger ass. Watch out for seizures

Fair enough, that's probably way better advice than I can give.

And same here, had panic attacks all the time, started drinking mildly at first and didn't feel anxious at all, got to a point where being drunk felt better than being anxious. Only drink the beers before I go to bed now, just to be able to go to sleep.

Past seizure threshold.

Damn, I twitch and stuff here and there but then again I only drink like 200ml a night.

Became dependent on the shit to sleep cuz of third shift....

I didn't know that user! Thanks for the info you junkie fuck

Brah

because alcohol is just as bad as heroin and coke, but for some reason it is socially acceptable. stick to weed

These were me OP. I am out to go fuck my wife. She got some new lingerie for me to see her in. Stay positive and good luck.

How much did you use to drink user? I'm an alco and sometimes i quit for a week or two but never get the shakes or anything. Does shaking start after a few weeks?

Up to a 5th in a day plus a shitload of Xanax.

So is everyone here recovering or is there someone like me who has no desire to change their habits at this present time?
Also, recoverfags... What was the straw that broke the camels back? When did you decide you needed to stop?
I mean I've attempted it, did pretty well too last year but just jumped straight back on the band wagon, I feel I have no desire to quit anything I do and don't really care about the shortened life expectancy.

Lying faggot. Stop drinking zima.

Anti anxiety drug. Pretty much makes you say fuck it to anything that's giving you anxiety.

i shook for about 2 or 3 weeks when i first quit drinking. but it was the headaches that were the worst. i would wake up feeling hung over and queasy for like 2 months

Is it good or is it like anti depressants and not really work at all?

well that really doesn't inspire me to stop. I don't mind been hungover too much but it's much easier when you just get drunk again.

Ain't got no money to spend

Also fighting the fight I can't win....liter every night for the past 18 years or so.....29 here

Be careful man. I was in rehab about 10 years ago for opiates and there was this old dude who shared my room. He was hooked on xannies and alcohol. He fucking died from the withdrawals while we were there. Felt bad. He was like 70 years old cool as shit.

getting sober isn't easy. but i can honestly say i feel a lot better being sober

I know mate, I've been there but it's all too easy to start drinking again and then you tell yourself how much better you feel for been drunk.

oh yea absolutely. but you just keep ending up back where you start. you have to just have to power through the shit part and then things get a little easier. less temptation, you start feeling better, you don't have to worry about getting in trouble with the law

I'm honestly at the point I've stopped giving a shit.
Would never an hero now. (used to want to)
But why stop?
Anxiety has made me a stop in. Mates genuinely invite me out most weekends and I constantly decline the offer.
Speed is not helping, even started bombing on my way to work some mornings.
Usually sup at least half a tin of oranjeboom in the morning as an eye opener. Drinking half a flat beer from the night before genuinely stops me feeling sick and bokeing. (explain that logic) Sometimes even gulp straight vodka if I'm really ruff.

That's why when you have a hangover, you don't just keep drinking. That's your body's way of telling you that you fucked up and you need to take a break.

Your pints aren't pints, your pints are bigger than pints, a pint as a unit of measure is 2 cups, or 16 fluid ounces. But that guy is wrong, a pint isn't 375 mL, it's closer to 500 mL. 1L is roughly 32 fluid ounces, it's like 32.4, 32 fluid ounces is a quart, or quarter gallon. But a 750mL of liquor is a 5th.

yo guys, britfag here, i dont drink nearly the amount people on here have a day but i have one or two, but it got the the point where i was slipping vodka into my drinks and hiding it from my girlfriend, she nearly broke up with me. this is probably the most supportive ive seen Sup Forums but yeah, you guys think i need to stop?

you can do it man.

been there. done that. only I was in jail and it sucked beyond belief. probably saved my life tho so best wishes op.

The moment you start to feel like you need it is the moment you should stop. Ask yourself honestly if it's just recreational anymore.

That's when you stop having fun with the drug, and the drug starts having fun with you.

Are you doing metric?
A metric gallon is 5l so 8 pints in a gallon is .....
Imperial gallon you get 556ml per pint.. I think?

You drank at 11?

I'm britfag too. What are we even doing awake? I have work in the morning... Guess more speed is on the menu.
You should just do what you want to do, that's my moto. Hasn't got me very far TBH though.

I used to be 750ml bottle a day now I'm only doing a gallon on the weekends. Don't know if that's good

Could be better, could be worse.

Binging leads to bad decisions, and trouble with the law.

Not him but I started drinking unmoderated by my parents at 11 also lots of weed too. My 1st drink I was about 5. Used to drink jamma it had pirate cartoons on the bottle and a pirate story on the back.

Heroin addict, 5 th day of withdrawal, stay strong brother we can beat it

thanks man, its usually cause i want to but i get to points where i feel like i need to? either way im gonna try to cut down, i dont wanna be on this slippery slope (no offence to any of you guys battling it) but imma quit while im ahead. genuinely best of luck to the rest of you

Damn man sounds like your parents were pretty shitty.

Are you using diffrent mesurments to me. In my book a gallon is about 7 bottles?

fuck knows haha, i think we'd best sort our sleeping patterns out, then we wont need drink/speed cause we'll actually feel awake/tired at the right time

The next few weeks will be hell. But your life will improve in every single way. Trust me, I got a wife and settled with a kid who just went off to college. I got hooked on that shit junior year of hs

Oxy wen I was 15, then heroin. I'm considering subs but can't get me for 10 days so maybe they won't be necessary unless I relapse/know I'm going to relapse. Ne thoughts?
Guess I shud say this is my 3rd time getting clean, 1st was methadone then cold turkey was 2nd

Fuck off dick head. How the fuck did you end up in the mess you're in then? You're parent must have been a pair of cunts too by your logic.
And FYI We wouldn't be having this conversation if my dad still ruled the roost.
Age of 15 is when I derailed. RIP

Also maintaining with Kratom and weed atm

seen a mate go through heroin, bad shit man, hope you'll be okay and you pull through it

Amen Sup Forumsrother. Fucking gaffas in branch tomorrow too. NM fuck him spent the day gurning at him today too, might make a go of it until Sunday. Kek

I thought your parents facilitated the alcohol, my bad.

Smoke some grass.

its alright man, it doesnt matter how people ended up in messes, what were focusing on is that we're trying to better ourselves, its not your fault shits fucked. but we can make it better if we really try.

Xanax is worse than opiate withdrawl. Benzos and alcohol withdrawl can actually kill you. Opiate withdrawl is just really uncomfortable.

Yea they let me drink an alcopop or 2 at xmas. Binge drinking is on my own back.

Suboxone should take the edge off, but don't rely too much on other drugs. Take a week at a time. Each time you want a hit, ask yourself, why

More like five.

This thread has been an eye opener. from all the bs you see on this site. something like this, where theres little flaming and shit and memes. this, is what makes this place a good place once in while

Well no matter how you slice it, it's up to you, and only you, to quit. Your parents don't sound too bad.

I was put on depakote for 6 months to prevent me from having a heart attack.

I was taking around 600mg of valium a week if that helps you equate what doctors thought was a good amount to take me off.

Honestly, benzos are beast mode, I wish they would start using rohyponal and soma in its place for anxiety again.

they give you phenobarb for secondary alcohol withdrawal. Ativan only makes it worse

fuck that noise haha, take a week off or something man and just try and get the sleeping pattern sorted? i turned nocturnal once upon a time and felt like utter shit constantly

Drugs and booze sure fucking suck. Everything I used to like about them is just gay af now. Fuck it. I'm done.

Probably a wise decision, especially if you feel like you have to hide it from your girl. Best of luck to you.

yeah man, sometimes its just nice to open up anonymously, lets you know you're not alone and when it comes down to it...people do care, even on Sup Forums

Weed help me not drink for 2 days, would cocaine for a couple of weeks make alcohol rehab easier

cheers man, i can't keep pulling this shit, its not fair on her, best of luck to you too man

i doubt it, cocaine is probs just as addictive, weed does help but just dont fall into being a stoner haha

That's my problem, I don't really want to. I'm almost (sort of) happy to just keep poisoning my body until an organ gives up. I'm not lazy when I'm at work, infact I know how to graft. Just once I get home I can't be arsed to do shit, I even tie empty beers and pees together to save getting up too much. I'm a waste of oxygen TBH.

its more likely the xanax than alcohol at this point. Also possible you just perma-fried your gaba receptors by mixing that shit for a long time.

If you go to a doctor they're gonna try and put you on something like gapapentin. If I were you I'd steer clear of that shit, the withdrawals are like xanax, but they last months and the pills don't even make you feel good. It's better to be shaky for life than risk seizures and death by taking more of the of the same gaba shit that landed you there in the first place.

I'd load up on some multi-vitamins and drink lots of water. If it goes away, it's gonna be sooner than later. I'd wait it out.

No one told me how bad fucking alcohol is aside from the immediate effects (drunk driving). My liver feels like its getting stabbed, my piss is never clear, tremors, can't sleep without it, cold sweats, psychological issues(suicidal thoughts, depression, anxiety, worsened add) and alcohol is medicine compared to the shit happening when trying to quit

I would just binge for a week and spend a day sobering up. It's a tried, tested and proven pattern.

If you're just beginning to have trouble cutting back or quitting, this might be your last chance to do so without major health issues. Some people already lose the will to quite by your point. Take it seriously, alcohol is a neurotoxin, even if our bodies are pretty amazing at taking the abuse.

I'm a britfag and have just taken 3mg xanax right now. Its the only way I can smoke weed any more.

I fucking love Xanax, and I dont suffer from anxiety. Got some custom pressed 5mg red bars with 666 instead of the xanax text.