youtube.com/watch?v=q3TCpzSe4cs
oecd.org/pisa/aboutpisa/pisafaq.htm
oecd.org/pisa/pisafaq/
youtube.com/watch?v=i4RGqzaNEtg
youtube.com/watch?v=HZjxkDA1s-c
youtube.com/watch?v=-xpOn0OzXEw
youtube.com/watch?v=9Wbl-PflEc0

Other urls found in this thread:

cshe.berkeley.edu/sites/default/files/shared/publications/docs/ROPS.CSHE_.10.15.Geiser.RaceSAT.10.26.2015.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Portugal that far up
Things have been looking well for good old Portugal, lately. We've been climbing a lot of unexpected charts.

Maybe we still have something left.

Yes, Portugal has been one of the few countries where performance has been improving since the first PISA assessment took place, even though there have been a lot of scientific and technological outcomes in the last ten, fifteen years, the learning outcomes of most countries have remained flat and on few others even declined (Finland, Sweden, UAE, Hungary, Australia, New Zealand, etc.)

Well to be fair we had/have more to climb, but I'm not just talking about PISA. A lot of nice stuff has happened lately, and even younger people seem to be more ready to take reigns instead of just bumbling around.

Feels pretty cool.

Hungarian minorities sabotaging our tests on purpose

vietnam>UK
hmmmmmmmmmmmm

tfw avg countryman is too smart for pisa

bravo Estonia

thanks

>Argentina
Why are they there? I'm pretty sure they were eliminated from the rankings a while ago.

>vietnam>UK
It isn't "vietnam better than UK", PISA target population is "students who are aged
between 15 years 3 months and 16 years 2 months at the time of assessment and who are enrolled in school and have completed at least 6 years of formal schooling, regardless of the type of institution in which they are enrolled, and whether they are in full-time or part-time education, whether they attend academic or vocational programmes, and whether they attend public or private schools or foreign schools within the country", if we were to test, for example, 40-years old in the United Kingdom and 40-years old in Vietnam the results would be very different

Yes, even though Argentina, Malaysia and Kazakhstan participated in the PISA 2015 assessment they didn't meet the strict PISA technical and methodological standards to ensure that the sample was equally representative of the target population, Argentina had problems with sample coverage, Malaysia with school response rate and Kazakhstan with construct coverage

> Brazil is not the last, although it's quite close.

>Tfw Dominican

At least I'm rich

And, even though the results from Albania is comparable and the PISA assessment was conducted in accordance with the technical standards, Albania "cannot be included in analyses that relate students’ responses from the questionnaires to the test results"

btw this also happened, for example, with the Netherlands in PISA 2000 and the United Kingdom in 2003

Our new generation is wicked fucking smart.
They're gonna make this country the greatest in Europe by 2040 if they don't flee this commie shithole like rats from a sinking ship.

ESTONIA STRONK
ESTONIA #1

Science performance and equity

>Israel below average

i thought kike some kind of super genius

>Germany
OY VEY

sorry. me no speak arabic wannabe

not the actual Jews

only the bastardized, quasi-German inbred ones

Immigrant students’ performance in science by country of origin and destination

No correlation between the share of immigrants students and science performance

Yay! Japan good all school subject!
I happy many many!
We clever!
Japanese only bad subject English!

The country you go to matters more than the country you come from

>your English skills........

>The country you go to matters more than the country you come from
Your chart contradicts your conclusion.

Chinks consistently get better grades than Turks and Arabs.

You're so emotionally invested in your ideology you can't even read the numbers.

Each country has different shares of different students. Canada gets more Chinese students. Your second chart showed they consistently beat Arabs and Turks.

>CABA

I thought it was supposed to be just countries.
also we're not even an OCED member.

>Taiwan
>Country

>tfw too intelligent to be tested

>top 11 are all asians
lmao get rekt whitebois

Bravo estonia

mongol pride worldwide

Finno-ugrics stronk

Chinese in the big cities do.

Why do Singaporean students test so well?

America would be #1 if Mexico wasn't sending in hundreds of thousands of illegal immigrants who can't speak english or do math bringing down our test scores

America's Public schools are globally known to be of abominable quality for such a wealthy nation.

we beat the french all is fine.

It's a city with a chink population. It's less impressive if you compare it to other cities from top countries without niggers like Finland. I bet Helsinki is up there.

It's literally the niggers and spics bringing down the scores. Don't underestimate white burgers. They're not that stupid.

Germany>France

hahaha

france btfo

Then perhaps to increase their PISA scores they should work on increasing the education standards for the groups which are "dragging them down."

>tfw dumb as fuck country

population
Japan,120 million
Singapore, 5.4 million
it's not fair comparison.
small country can easily increase average.

Huh? They're genetically retarded.

cshe.berkeley.edu/sites/default/files/shared/publications/docs/ROPS.CSHE_.10.15.Geiser.RaceSAT.10.26.2015.pdf

FUCKING THIS

Quebec stronk.

As you can see from the results, population has nothing to do with performance, what is the logic behind that reasoning btw? small country can easily increase average and small country can easily decrease average

I still like you JAV-san

(Tbh I think pisa is a meme, when asian unis can become top of the world and compete with havard, cmu and yale etc etc then I'd be satisfied)

>(Tbh I think pisa is a meme, when asian unis can become top of the world and compete with havard, cmu and yale etc etc then I'd be satisfied)
University rankings are a meme. Western universities' stem departments consist of purchased foreigners.

>America would be #1
No they wouldn't, for example American Whites scored 531 in science, and literally every country has disadvantages

But Universities rankings and International Large Scale Assessments like PISA measure very different things, for example in universities rankings we could say that we are only taking into account the very far right tail of the distribution, it is when you take the whole spectrum of a population when you can see the whole picture, for example see , you can realize that a lot of anglo countries actually outperform their asians counterparts, see the United States, 9% of their PISA population reaches the two highest profiency levels in science meanwhile in Vietnam is 8% but why is Vietnam so high here because in Vietnam, and other countries, there is not much people in the lowest profiency levels

Asian americans consistently outperform asians from asia.

I guess, but they seem to be very good at developing research etc etc

I mean, if asian unis can reach parity in research and development like US uni's i'd consider that a real victory

And also, PISA only gives us information about the "PISA Target Population" as defined here , a fucking 15 year old is not going to be a university professor nor a scientific researcher with lifetime tenure, again if we were to test a 40 years-old Singaporean and a 40 years-old Canadian the results would be very different

White Americans average Science score in PISA 2015: 531
Asians Americans average Science score in PISA 2015: 525
Hispanic Americans average Science score in PISA 2015: 470
Black Americans average Science score in PISA 2015: 433

Who cares about PISA. Any retard can ace it with rote memorization.

Actually PISA less interested in knowing whether students can repeat like parrots what they have been thought in class, the test is designed to found out whether students can use whatever they have learnt in school and apply that knowledge to real life situations and problems, if you would like to see how countries perform and benchmark in a more curriculum-based tests see TIMSS and PIRLS

And also, actually, students who use memorization as a strategy are less likely to answer right the most challenging questions in PISA

And again every country have demographic groups that perform better than others, for example even though we don't have data for races in Singapore, if we were to take only the Singaporean students that speak English at home they would score 578 in science in 2015, that means that the difference between native-English Singaporeans and Japan is the same as the difference between Japan and Latvia