Whats your major and how are you finding it?

>Whats your major and how are you finding it?
Mechanical engineering here, I joined thinking it would teach me to be a real life tony stark and now i want to kill my self.

Eyy Shit tier!

Real talk though it's not a shit tier major if it's your passion, such as music for myself.

Shit tier because you don't need a degree and said degree won'nt make you money/more creative. Everything we know i.e. theory is freely accessible

cs major here, i also want to die

tfw god tier medicine

He might want to teach it one day like at a school, and you need a degree to teach, no exceptions

Majored in political science and went on to law school. Work for Mayer-Brown now. Wouldn't call it shit tier.

eyy

Electrical engineering

God tier: something you love and you're objectively good at
Top tier: something you love
Mid tier: something you're good at
Low tier: something that makes lots of money
Shit tier: everything else

Is it really shit tier if you're constantly around other musicians and you share ideas about compositions, play some stuff together, stuff like that? In my opinion it's less about the theory more about the people there. Also It's tough to learn jazz arranging without being taught.

Double major: Political Science and Asian Studies. I like it, as it's pretty pertinent to what I intend to do. Plus, well...I started Uni in Asia (very limited options were available), and I never was smart enough to properly major in something like Comp Sci or Engineering.

>College

Only top tier and above is worth it. Don't fall for the memes guys

This too. High school jazz teacher is a career I'm considering

Law and Engineering above Computer Science

If this post is
then women's studies is now God tier.

>less about the actual subject and more about the people
Spoken like a true shit tier, if all I cared about were the people involved I would just be around those people without spending thousands on a worthless degree.

Accounting - Probably gonna sit for my CPA summer of '17

off by literally thousands, whats it like being retarded?

Fair point.
It's still difficult to learn many of the different styles of composing and arranging I'm taking classes for. I tried to use the internet in high school, but there weren't many resources. Selling these scores and compositions can make me enough for a living.

Information Tech low teir? HAHAHAHAH

Making $100k+ while working at home 90% while you bust your ass

Can we all just agree that it does not fucking matter what you do as long as you get an internship or atleast 2 summer internships

>all these non-cs majors shitting on cs

>mfw they are just jaded drop outs that couldn't handle pointers

enjoy flipping burgers and writing blogs, you fucking plebs

Film Production
I've met a lot of people and learned a lot of things.
Gonna move to New York and try to work on the next season of Mr. Robot.
Suck deez nuts I'm the artsiest fuck in this thread and my cocaine is better than yours.

All these non-god tier faggots trying to look that they're doing good in life
This is why you're in the shit tier

>A vessel has been detected at unimatrix 422, grid 03. Alter course to intercept. Prepare for assimilation.

Literally this, not saying i'm god tier im just saying i learnt its true the hard way

Not to mention it's something I've wanted to do for a long time.

Shit tier history reporting. Interested in bioengineering, but I'm too stupid.
Aiming for Airforce afterwards regardless of what I do anyway.

get

>ohlookitsthisthreadagain.jpg

I have a degree in music education. I teach music. Say what you want, I like it. Pay could be nicer though.

Sorry we didn't all have our majors chosen for us, or have well-informed/caring parents and counselors 'recommend' what we should major in. Also sorry not all of us were able to go to Uni/college right after high school on a series of grants and scholarships.

Medfag here, I know engineering majors who fucking hate themselves, and history majors who love what they do. As long as you do something with passion its not shit tier. Going through life doing something you hate is just fucking retarded.

The only reason to go is for the contacts you get, which is a big part of being a successful musician.

Trips to quads, noice

I majored in illustration and design, because I love both, and I love being an artist but I like to make money. I make more than IT dudes, and women think it's cool. Everyone I know who majored in biology or geology or archaeology never worked in their field, and push papers in cubicle farms with everyone else.

Success is more about you, than your degree, anyway. Guys on Wall Street make millions with worthless degrees, while Ph,D's make lattes at Starbucks.

Money is easy, if you're not a drooling mongoloid "Hold muh beer' gene pool reject. A satisfying life is harder.

Boo hoo. Boo hoo hoo.

>sorry we didn't have our majors chosen for us
M8, it doesn't take fucking rocket science to figure out that engineering or medicine is going to lead to a better career than history or english

You need to see purpose in what you do too, tell me why you want to be a doctor without mentioning the pay

Once you learn to think on a quantum scale, there's no going back

Lmao if you didn't manage to do so it is because you're not as good as you think you are or you're simply useless, I come from a shitty undeveloped country, with a "decent" family that in the USA could be considered poor and now I'm studying medicine in Germany, what's your excuse? I'm not trying to be an attention whore or to be faggot who inspires people but you're just making up excuses for being useless.

you got a great roll
69, 000, 1111

>You need to see purpose in what you do to
Did you even read past "medfag," because that is the exact same point I just made. Anyways, I am in medicine because I enjoy medicine, simple as that. Ever since I was a little kid I have loved learning about medicine.

Don't need any
>boo-hoo
Or bullshit-sympathy. Your circle-jerks seem to forget that not *everyone* comes from the well-informed background as you; some were born into a life where they *had* to figure things out on their own so they didn't wind up like their parents, and when they did, they were among the last to know.

Again, who said I needed an 'excuse?' I'm not saying
>waah, my life's hard because I didn't do math
In fact, I didn't even state my major; I could very well be among the so-called "god-tier" majors on this arbitrarily-defined scale of 'success' and 'usefulness.' You people just need to get off your fucking high-horses already and stop shitting on people who didn't major/want the same things out of life as you.

Fucking autism, all of you.

I know that, but a lot of those who are in the OP's shit tier list are just trying to justify themselves saying they get a million dollars/month. I don't believe half this morons.

>won'nt make you money
Anything will make you money if you know what the fuck you're doing.

No forensics? :^(

you can't major in medicine, dip ass.

B-but, I have no idea what im doing

Whose fault is that?

>>sorry we didn't have our majors chosen for us
That sounds like an excuse for me, you idiot. You were complaining that people who got into the God Tier had better chances than those who don't. Read what you type, moron.

>well informed background
I come from a completely average family, and went to public school for the entirety of my primary education. It is not fucking hard to figure out which majors are going to set you on a successful career path.

Should've gone Civil. All the bragging rights of being an engineer, none of the responsibilities.

Now if you'll excuse me, I've got concrete to crush and dicks to suck

That's adorable, at my school the engineering kids always threw the best parties.

>dip ass

No, idjit, I'm saying that I'm sorry we didn't all have our hands held throughout our educational careers, and that just because you (or the others) did, that's no reason to shit on someone else's accomplishments, even if it's in the so-called 'shit-tier' category of his scale. Anyone who betters themselves don't need to be put down by some Sup Forums-browsing frog-posting weeb/brony who vapes.

And I'm sure you had guidance counselors or some other people in your life who helped steer you in the 'right direction,' as well as parents who actually supported your decision as well. Again, you're not some 'god' or whatever the fuck you think you are because you majored in something others didn't. You're fucking average, be you an EE major or a journalism major. It all depends on what you want and what you do with that sheet of paper you get; every major plays a role in a functioning society.

So again, get off your fucking high-horse.

The image just lists areas of study, and everybody in this thread understands that except for you. While the OP did say majors, that term does apply to many areas of study in the image, and while it does not apply to medicine it is still a minor error, and only an autistic man child would call attention to it.

Engineering majors *do* tend to have the highest suicide rates.

Jobs were hard to find. Employers were fucked over for their
unwillingness to take on the niggers by hanging out "No dumb ass
nggers
Need Apply" signs. Nigger bitches did find work as domestics,
stereotyped as "nig-nogs," short for moon crickets. Irish men also
became felons or took everything that wasn't nailed down.
Harper's Weekly, the most popular magazine of the day, routinely ran
cartoons lampooning niggers and splibs. The overt hostility these
cartoons convey is a measure of how unwelcome the untrained slave
niggers were.
arded
watermelon rinds. Worcester, Massachusetts' Know-Nothing newspaper
claimed in an editorial on the eve of that city's drunken brawl
contest in 1854:rum shops [have] sprung up at every corner of the
street, drunk niggers staggered in every outhouse, while
prostitution reared its brothels at every thoroughfare leadin
They also express some of the fear they inspired. They filled the
jails,workhouses, poor farms and lunatic hospitals with disgug
to us, and held carnival in the very heart of the city itself.
Virtue was confronted on the streets by known hardcore Rap Artisis,
young men decoyed to houses of aluminuim foil in open trays of
sample taste testers,and beneath the very shadow of the huge pile
of diapers, the courtesan bargained for the price of her
embraces, and led hervictims to a place of assignation.

All of this was because of the Irish potroast. This reception
did not surprise the niggers. They were used to English Protestants
deriding their brogues, their religion, and their poverty. They had
endured centuries of hard boild car wax applicators. As harsh as the
prejudice they encountered in the United States was, it paled in
comparison to life in Ireland.

"The Nazis, anigger blues number, captures the enduring
stench of moon cricket hatred of the faggots and their sense of
America as high blood pressure came from aplace from which to
regroup and then resume their centuries-old struggle.

i want to know that myself, considering i am returning to college quite soon. fuck.

Petroleum engineer here. The academic side was easy enough, but I made the mistake of graduating last december. Poor time to graduate, what with the price of oil.

Computer Engineeeeerd

College is fucking shit, NEET master race here.

>your not some god or whatever the fuck you think you are
I never said I was. You were talking about how privileged people people in some majors are, and im just saying as somebody who comes from an average unprivileged backround, your statement is entirely false.

hm, you sound like an asshole. tell me, what's your secret? how do you make so much money?

"I'm sorry we didn't all have our hands held throughout our educational careers"
That's an excuse, go look for the definition of an excuse and then come back. I've met several people with shitty surroundings that are doing good in life. If you blame the world for not having "hands to help you" for making bad choices, that sounds like an excuse for me. INB4 I'm not talking specifically on you.

>taking the b8 this hard

Learning electro mechanics and computer science. Where do I fall Sup Forums.

I never once used the word 'privileged.' Never even implied it. I'm just breaking up the circle-jerk caused by OP's pic and the threads that follow. You're good with computers and tech, right? Then you should be able to read what's actually typed.

I'm nervous about starting my business/accounting classes (I did all my Gen Eds at CC). Is accounting really that difficult? Why does Intermediate have a high drop out rate?

OP here, petroleum was a very close second but I was advised against it. Is it true you guys get paid like 120k to dig oil offshore. If its true then eww, thats fucking lucky as shit

Pointers weren't that hard to learn
-16 year old.

cs major here, i love my job

If I'm a biochemistry and computer science major does that automatically make me God tier?

Shit tier, but hey I get to play god so I don't know how right this chart is.

eh, my brain's not working at full capacity right now, sorry user

Ill let you know about the pay just as soon as companies start hiring in any considerable numbers again. But allegedly yes, some petr engis start off making $100k.

It isn't. It's just some bs made in MS Paint so 'god-tier' majors can feel good about themselves.

>hands held through educational career
>well-informed backrounds
>grants
>sorry we didn't all have etc...
>more excuses for shitty life
You sure as fuck implied it, but think whatever helps you sleep at night.

This is very stupid. Law are full of stupid people afraid of math. Economics it's harder than medicine, normally mathematicians do economics. So don't bullshit us.

Bachelors in science: Aircraft maintenence and repair

Lets have it

This picture is retarded.
It's why the individual is getting the education and what they plan on doing with it that matters. Putting something like that into tiers isn't really possible. A generalization can't be reflective of an individual.
Anyways, I am an earth systems science/biology double major but I am taking a break for travel

Same bro, feels superior

>Economics it's harder than medicine
Explain yourself

$(this);

Math and Physics major what's all the hubbub?

Medicine math = arithmetic. Economics math = Advanced calculus and real analysis.

you really shouldn't

My dad is probably the most renowned Neurologist in my country, he's the eldest and has the most experience, everyone in the field respects him...

And yet he's a complete dumb ass and watches funny animal videos on youtube and posts silly commentaries on facebook all day. He also thinks farting is the best joke ever and i suspect him of being mentally trapped in his teens. Being a doctor really is the shittiest of it all, you're praised only because you memorize loads and loads of shit

So by your logic medicine (something barely related with maths) is not as hard as economics because it uses arithmetic? Ayyy lmao

Psychology but I'm getting my PhD so I think that bumps me up a bit

Agree. Medicine it's all about memory and that's it.

Someone has daddy issues?

Medicine it's just about memory. My stupidest friends from my highschool studied medicine. And they are doing great.

Womens study major here.
Some might see it as a joke, but writing for an unnamed newspaper and a few SJW websites on the side will usually bring in 75k per year.

Maybe your dad is just a little immature. I don't really walk the earth thinking I'm better than everyone else, but there is just something noble about dedicating a relatively large portion of your life to fixing people, which is what I'm doing it for (aspiring trauma surgeon)

Fag detected

Zoology freshman here.

What should expect?

I agree on that, I've seen a lot of dumb ass in medicine but still, your logic is fucking retarded.