Remember how Sup Forumstants in 2010 said how "in five years the Antlers' 'Hospice' will be as lauded as 'In The...

Remember how Sup Forumstants in 2010 said how "in five years the Antlers' 'Hospice' will be as lauded as 'In The Aeroplane Over the Sea'"?

Just like the Antlers, that album couldn't be more irrelevant now, it dated so badly, yet ITAOTS is still going strong here.

What are some other highly lauded albums that were quickly forgotten? Channel Orange, MBDTF, anything released by OFWGKTA, what else...?

You've spent six years here?

ahahahahahahah

Vampire Weekend (only popular on p4k)
Owen Pallett (never heard from him again)
Bill Callahan (never heard from him again)
Mikal Cronin (never heard from him again)
Savages (gay SJW feminazi shit backed by a good agency, quickly forgotten)
Surfer Blood
Liars
Titus Andronicus (shitty gay one album wonder band)
Caribou
LCD Soundsystem
Crystal Castles (only one decent album, II)
James Blake (forgotten buzz artist)
Wavves (lmfao)
Das Racist
Neon Indian
These New Puritans (talk talk/radiohead ripoffs)
How to Dress Well (went down the kozelek route, irrelevant)
No Age
Cults (irrelevant buzzband)
Sleigh Bells (irrelevant buzzband)
Girls (irrelevant buzzband)
Wolves in the Throne Room
A$AP Rocky (lol)
Autre Ne Veut
Bon Iver
Cloud Nothings (gay indie nirvana/wipers ripoff)
Grimes
The Men (where are they now?)
Chromatics (where are they now?)
Japandroids (where are they now?)
Twin Shadow
Dirty Projectors
Dirty Beaches
Purity Ring
Passion Pit
Bat for Lashes
Foxygen
Waxahatchee (pixies ripoffs)
Speedy Ortiz (pixies ripoffs)
Autre Ne Veut (gay white wannabe miguel)
The Haxan Cloak
Deafheaven
These New Puritans
Chvrches
Haim
Mutual Benefit
Parquet Courts (shitty pavement ripoff)
Angel Olsen (never heard from her again)

a shitload of hype magnet "AOTY/AOTD" albums that end up getting forgotten in 2 months come out every year
there's been so much of them that it's impossible to remember and keep track of them all

don't group bill callahan with this shit

Also Rhye

here's one of em though

>MBDTF

>forgotten

WRONG

Yeah, I agree.
I very much doubt MBDTF will be forgotten or age badly (I might be wrong on that), and people will still discover it when looking up "best of '10s"

Why do you like him?

Titus Andronicus triggered me hard but the rest are accurate.

>Crystal Castles
>James Blake
>These New Puritans
>How to Dress Well
>A$AP Rocky
>Autre Ne Veut
>Parquet Courts
>Cloud Nothings

These are good tho.

You mean the meme is still going strong, I assume?

You didn't actually say anything with this post.

I remember Plastic Beach being hailed as the second coming when it came out.

MPP. Seems like Sup Forums grew out of that AnCo shit

Regardless of how it ages, its impact alone will make it stand the test of time. I'm not the greatest Kanye fan, but to say that it will be quickly forgotten is a mistake.

>Channel Orange, MBDTF

Both of these albums were thoroughly discussed this year as those two artists released new albums, Channel Orange especially pops up quite a lot in summertime.

I dont remember this

>channel orange
>mvdtf

Forgotten? How fucking stupid and out of touch are you?

t. embryo

fuck off nigger lover

I've listened to it 3 times this week. It's just that type of album that you can put on after a while and throughly enjoy it.

says the guy who likes aphex twin

kek

I don't think saying something is irrelevant is the same as saying it isn't good. Tons of great music falls out of cultural relevance every year. Most of my favorite music, if I went to a party and heard it being played, I would be shocked.

remember that Michael Cira album?

antrocity exhibition might become one imo

It became a semi Sup Forumscore álbum. that's enough in my book.

>being this right

>Liars
>Wavves
>No Age
>Autre Ne Veut
I like those, but I accept that they are irrelevant now.

People still love LCD and they're putting out a new album next year but otherwise yeah

Nah, Anco's still here people just focus less on MPP

What are you talking about? AnCo is one of the most frequently discussed bands here by far

Neon Indians Night School has been something ive been listening to all year. Solid album.

I think what OP is trying to say is there is no GOAT album anymore because the internet allows niche music to flourish there is no huge MTV like influence or authority. ITAOTS is a meme, cant really say its going strong because its a meme

no shit hospice was blatantly trying so hard to be this album that would change your life and i'm sure it changed the life of some really boring people but otherwise it just remains an overly dramatic average album.

>These New Puritans (talk talk/radiohead ripoffs)
>Waxahatchee (pixies ripoffs)
(You)

No.

Grimes is still frequently discussed frequently, but everything else is spot on

God I couldnt even tell you the last time I thought about or even saw the Antlers posted

Everyone from that garage/noise/punk scene circa 2010 that listed were the first that came to mind. Thee Oh Sees seems to be the only ones with real staying power

I doubt it, people here still talk about xxx often and AE is better.

>Das Racist
Jesus I hated these people and their fans

Remember when people tried to make that dirty projectors album Sup Forumscore? Because ive wasted enough of my life here to remember that.

>Vampy Weeks
They've improved with every album, their next will probably be a major crossover hit
>Owen Pallett
In Conflict is great, his next album probably will be too
>Bill Callahan
He was better when he was Smog but his newer stuff is still decent
>Mikal Cronin
Don't know who this is so I'll give you that
>Savages
Fell off hard with their second album, I'll give you that
>Surfer Blood
Fell victim to a lack of buzz for their follow ups even though they were all just as good as Astro Coast anyway. I still like these guys but I acknowledge I'm in the minority with that.
>Liars
One of the most inconsistent bands of the last decade, they'll probably release another good album around 2020.
>Titus Andronicus
I don't quite get why Sup Forums circlejerks them, I closed out a night with The Battle of Hampton Roads once when I was in New England but that's the only time I really cared for them.
>Caribou
His last album was pretty decent and a bit of a crossover hit
>LCD Soundsystem
Watch Sup Forums be divided over their comeback album even though it'll be another solid 8/10
>Crystal Castles
Ceased being relevant when Alice Glass quit
>James Blake
I'll give you him, he fell off hard with The Colour in Anything, but he's still on the Justin Vernon train so he'll retain some popularity
>Wavves
I don't know why these guys were ever popular in the first place, so good point.
>Das Racist
They're broken up anyway
>Neon Indian
Vega Intl was great, shut your fucking mouth
>These New Puritans
Never actually listened to them
>How to Dress Well
Was never good, and got even worse when he tried to be a pop crossover
>No Age
One of the worst bands to ever get 9.0+ from p4k and I say this as somebody who still has a soft spot for most ~2010 noise pop
>Cults
Fell off hard with their sophomore so I'll give you them
>Sleigh Bells
Killed their career with their last album but I still have fond memories of their first three
>Girls
Still holds up, Chris Owens' solo career is irrelevant though

>A$AP Rocky
He did a song with fucking Rod Stewart, he's popular in the mainstream
>Autre Ne Veut
Killed his debut's buzz with his second album, fair point
>Bon Iver
Pretty sure indie chicks all dig his new album
>Cloud Nothings
New single is total ass but Attack on Memory is great Albini-core and so is Here and Nowhere Else if you look at is as an extended Sonic Youth homage
>Grimes
Art Angles was shit but unfortunately she's here to stay
>The Men
Good point, the fuck did happen to them? I remember liking them.
>Chromatics
Ditto
>Japandroids
New album is finally coming but the single was shit. RIP Vancouver rock 2009-2012
>Twin Shadow
A lot of my friends like his new stuff so apparently he has crossover appeal
>Dirty Projectors
New track is basically their 22, A Million. I think the album will be decent.
>Dirty Beaches
Who?
>Purity Ring, Passion Pit
~2010 synthpop has aged really badly so I'll give you them
>Bat for Lashes
Never listened to them
>Foxygen
Didn't listen to their second album but apparently it was shit
>Waxahatchee
Played a free show in my town this summer so I'm gonna assume her career is dead
>Speedy Ortiz
Basically a 2010 buzzband that didn't emerge until 2014, fair point.
>Haxan Cloak
Didn't he produce Bjork's new album?
>Deafheaven
New Bermuda didn't get savaged critically but I don't think anybody remembers it anymore, fair point
>These New Puritans
Never listened
>Chvrches
Moved into normie territory
>Haim
If they ever release a new album it'll be popular and probably get BNM
>Mutual Benefit
Apparently released a follow-up, never knew that
>Parquet Courts
Will never match Light Up Gold, but they're a VU ripoff now which is sorta interesting
>Angel Olsen
My Woman got rave reviews and indie kids loved it

How is A$AP Rocky good? Same with Parquet Courts and Cloud Nothings? Hyped up Pitchfork buzzbands with no sound of their own.

Guys, I want to go back to 2010 again ;_;

>liking and/or supporting waxahatchee in any way
how to spot a cuck

Hi guys!

they're good, fuck off

The vast majority of these bands only really got popular because of Pitchfork. They're all irrelevant af p4kcore crap that people got sick of because of how boring and hyped they were.

The only artists there I can think of there who still have followings are James Blake, A$AP Rocky, Bon Iver and Deafheaven. Even CHVRCHES are more well known for Lauren's SJW politics than their actual music nowadays.

Days is still holds up really well. Atlas too but it was never as good.

Also, the yellow sweater guy just released a solo album this year + Ducktails still has a solid following. When Real Estate puts out a new album they'll do great.

i want to marry Angel Olsen so hard...

Ducktails left Real Estate so I don't think their new albums are going to be that good.

My youth died alongside those bands. I wish i could retire somehow like a burnt out buzzband but i have to work and soon i will have children to feed...

do you want a daughter while you're still young?

I'm hoping every song will be titled, '[Song Title], ft. Ducktails'.

I completely forgot about Joanna Newsom's latest.

you mentioned autre ne veut twice FYI

you covered too much ground here, its like "just name bands"

about half i would agree w/ but how can you respond to a post like this.

only ones you are very wrong on i would say:

lcd, grimes, churvches, james blake, asap rocky, bon iver,

are all still doing VERY well.

to a lesser degree caribou purity ring and a few others are doing just fine.

not commenting on quality/taste just tour & commercial sucess

lmao angel olsen's moment was like 5min ago, that bitch is still on tour, little early to qualify here i think

dude prurient has been doing his thing for like a fucking decade, big deal if one of his recent releases got a tiny bit more coverage, he's not a 'buzz band' lmao

that album was sorta the split point where all the longtime fans got a chance to finally jizz all over themselves, cricitcal acclaim etc, followed by the most wackadoodle nonsense garbage music ever made shortly thereafter and continuing now. still lots of fans, lots of new ones specifically, but MPP was more of a wave crest than a one hit wonder

if youre talking about bitte orca that record was actually good. the rest of the discog is pretty shite tho

These New Puritans haven't done anything since these Field of Reeds which is their only good album anyway, so i think it's not fair to write them off yet

Don't call her a bitch.