Quite the same shit

>tfw pic related is Mexican

Damn! Mexicans look like THAT?

WE

my unbiased opinion :
left : white
right : not white

ok

She was born in Mexico to a diplomat so technically birth nationality shouldn't aply to her, I'm glad no one gave a fuck tho as she does have a real connection to the country pre-dating her becoming famous.

How so? There are quite the cultural differences. Are you from the west or something?

>tfw no qt blonde-haired blue-eyed Mexicaryan gf babbling nonsensically in chicanoese about how the US southwest is are land ese, gringos go home, viva La Raza

meh, right is objectively a better looking guy

Face it, we are as black as they come
Pic related is the most famous and important Mexican

I agree but left is quite more succesful to be honest.

Nah, she doesn't identify herself as Mexican (which is fine by me, as it would be if she did), she was just born here.

Mexicans aren't center Americans

No, I think El chavo is more known than El Santo

There are but you guys being Mayan is not one unless you think Chiapas and Yucatán are Aztec, ethnically speaking I've never had a problem acknowledging Mexicans and most Central Americans are technically the same, southern Mexico isn't that different from you people

In Star trek II: the wrath of khan, the actor of Khan was also Mexican

More mexicans than central americanc in the U.S. tho.

El Chavo never fought against werewolves and vampires.

If El Santo was alive he would tell up with Blue Demon and end the drug war

Anyone born east of the Tehuantepec isthmus is Central American, that's quite a few Mexicans

Best mexican that ever lived

Nope Capital, where are you from?

Nah, Blue Demon would be working for the cartels so Santo would first have to defeat him befre they became allies, still they had quite a few immortal enemies, add the worlds of Chanoc and Kalimán to that and it's a DC type deal when it comes to supervillains.

youtube.com/watch?v=SvJChcqKLw4

When I think Mexico. I think Zapata t b h

i've heard black people say Zapata was black cause he had a big nose and had dark skin

when in reality all mexican peasant farmers are very dark skinned(being in the sun all day, everyday, will do that)

Same

Eh, if they are going to try and claim people from here they would have better luck with Morelos and Vicente Guerrero. Both independentist heroes, and both part black.

But really, I don't care about that WE WUZ, black meme. Europeans do it, way, way more than them.

apparently he's guatemalan lol

Do europeans there we wuz aztecs or do they we wuz/are the cosmic race?

>Do europeans there we wuz aztecs
yeah a lot of them do.

>do they we wuz/are the cosmic race?
that's more of a mestizo thing, and it's never taken seriously

As a matter of fact, they do. Some even claim Quetzalcoatl was Erik the Red, and that Vikings taught everything to mesoamericans.
And then, there is pictured.

>And then, there is pictured.
holy shit i didn't know they could be that stupid

They went too dark on that colored pic, pictured is the other extreme. Problem with this shit is everyone doing their own version has an agenda.

idk my dad likes to say he's native, and he works as a landscaper and in summer he can easily get that dark

El Santo was prieto but not African dark

There's a video on YouTube interviewing his grandsons or something like that, and the one that's in Mexico looks pretty dark. I wouldn't doubt Zapata was darker skinned, but probably as African as any other typical Mestizo.

>as African as any other typical Mestizo
I take it as meaning not at all, pictured is as close as you get to your average Mexican, yes, there's darker ones, some mestizos you really can't tell apart from full blooded Amerindians, but even full blooded Amerindians are not generally as dark as in that pic. There's exceptions (highland tarahumara and some groups in Oaxaca and Veracruz) but mestizos as a rule don't get that dark unless they've worked in the sun for near their full lives.

There is such a thing as Afro-Mestizos, roughly 1% of the population.

The "average mestizo" is around 5% black. I guess that is what he means.

what exactly happened in the last couple decades that made lots of people think mexicans were black?

Nothing. And I don't what you're talking about.

well i've noticed a lot of people, albeit afrocentricts, really emphasize the existence of Africans in mexico.

some people going as far as to say the natives were black because they had dark skin and wide noses(which is racist as hell to both races)

even that documentary "black in latin america" over represents the role blacks had in mexico

yet nobody ever fucking mentions Vicente Guerrero

No, your average mestizo is probably around 1-2% African, what you have to take into acount when they do genetic studies is they're doing averages, so in any given 100 people sample you're bound to get at least a handful of people with some significant African ancestry Say 20-40% (say you had one or more mulatto great-grandparents) one or two guys who are visibly Afro-mestizo and not just having a few traits (50-70%) and something like over a dozen guys with meme but significant amounts of ancestry (say in the 10-20% range) once you lump those in with the other 80 guys (who have 2% to no African ancestry) you come up with those meme 3-5% figures, it doesn't even mean a majority have any African ancestry at all.

As an example if you made a study on your average American like that he'd come up 15-20% African, 6-9% Amerindian (assuming the 15% of Latinos in the sample are around 50/50 mestizos) and some meme 3-5% Asian.

As far as I know there is only one serious afrocentrists that claimed any of that. And he is not mainstream even in the African American community. So I don't think we should give him, or people like him, attention, since they are already marginalized even within their people.

I know all of that, that's why I put "average mestizo" in quotation marks.

Yes, I meant he's not very African at all.

It's the agenda of some black organizations, anything that creates conciousness of a black identity in a larger number of people does actually empower them (so they refuse to let go of for practical purposes white people with any amount of African ancestry) and are going after latinos, either thinking after looking at black Cubans and mulatto Puerto Ricans and Dominicans that Mexicans must legit be as black, clinging to some hope more blacks can be dug up in isolated places in Mexico or knowingly using deception. Enough Mexicans having some trace of African ancestry might mean to them a tri-racial Mexican identity can be sold to Chicanos.

It's bullshit of course, only 1% of Mexicans are mixed to a degree of showing any African traits at all, and these Afro-Mestizos don't have an identity in the same terms as black Americans, as in they consider themselves primarily mestizos/Mexicans in terms of identity. A Mexican suffering discrimination is far more likely to appeal to "todos somos Mexicanos" (we are all Mexican) rather than disown his kinship to other Mexicans and go "black power".

Mexico was left with MILLIONS of mostly black people after independence (early 19tth century) unlike the US it integrated them so succesfully they practically disapeared into the population, those 1% afro-mestizos (mostly in Oaxaca and Guerrero) are all that's left. One of my best friends in high school had some visible African features (very dark skinned, nose) he was good looking and smart. We chased the same girls, went to the same school, shared books and music, etc. and I'm a fully white guy, culturally there wasn't any difference between us at all, no separate "thing" which he had and I didn't. I haven't seen the guy in years but we were both the same type of left leaning nationalist and I assume he continues to be the same as I.

There's some fringe theories in the US, some people claim blacks are jews and they sometimes see Mexicans as a different tribe. CONT

CONT Leaving aside meme radicals, it's as simple as American blacks think the more people they can claim are black, the better off they are.

Kind of, but blacks didn't invent the "one drop rule"

They had skinny jeans in the early 1900s?

This guy is objectively the most famouos Mexican in the world

I always thought it was either this guy or Zapata. Maybe El Chapo, Iñarritu or Carlos Santana. Julio Cesar Chavez or Chicharito are up there as well.

Sorry, I'd have to agree with , Eddie is better. He was a more well rounded wrestler, had way more charisma and mic skills, and could tell a story with his wrestling rather than just have it be a straight fight with flips. Plus he never killed anyone.

Aparently so, here's the original

Do you want like 20 or 30 million of them?

This guy

He's Chicano, sad.

Was that considered /fa/ as fuck back then? Because it looks pretty /fa/

> he thinks that wwe wrestler are popular in mexico plz

>Sup Forums

HOL

THE FUCK

UP

We are just doing our part