Is Electronic music the new Classical/Jazz?

Is Electronic music the new Classical/Jazz?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0ZXcn-RgbF4
youtube.com/watch?v=KGezLJmZQak
youtube.com/watch?v=aqoF8vFwEkY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Classical/Jazz is the new Classical/Jazz.

Definitely not the new Jazz, but you could argue Classical

Some of it, yeah :)

Electronic music isn't a genre or otherwise a cohesive form of music.

Electronically produced music has been around for 80+ years and neither classical or jazz are dead

Lol, pleb trash

Some of it yeah

I'm sorry, I don't really get the comparison. What's the similarities between the two?

oh fuck off

Classical maybe just because of the compositional factor not really jazz though. I think electronic music is based around being knowledgeable about the equipment you own/programs you use and being able to program the synth sounds you want. Im taking a sound synthesis class this semester and its really gives you a new appreciation for the synth. Wavetable synthesis is crazy.

classical is the new classical and jazz is the new jazz and and aphex twin is shit and flying lotus is shit and idm in general is shit

(You)

The fact that so many Sup Forumstants still use the term ''electronic music'' only tells you how far Sup Forums still is from becoming a serious music board. Europeans have long recognized that their is no similarity between all the genres lumped together except for the plug attached to some of the instruments yet Sup Forums still persists. Good music boards rank the highly different genres and their subgenres yet Sup Forums still calls them all elelctronic. Sup Forums is still blinded by rockism: it all ''sounds the same'' and the instruments have plugs (not true, by the way), therefore it must all be the same genre. Europeans grow up listening to a lot of ''electronically produced'' music of the past, other boards grow up listening to a lot of ''electronically produced'' music of the past. Sup Forumstants are often totally ignorant of the ''electronically produced'' music of the past or anything past rock, they barely know the best sellers. No wonder they will think that ''electronic'' is a genre.

Which genre did you actually mean OP?

Musique concrete
EAI / Onkyo
Turntable / tape music
Electronic rock crossover
Ambient
Hip hop
Dub
Downtempo / Chillout
Chillwave / Vaporwave / Internet genres
Techno and many subs
House and many subs
UK Garage and many subs
Trance and many subs
Breaks and many subs
EDM
Drone
Noise
Industrial
EBM
Synthpop

I'm pleb trash but I'm okay with it.

youtube.com/watch?v=0ZXcn-RgbF4
youtube.com/watch?v=KGezLJmZQak
youtube.com/watch?v=aqoF8vFwEkY

ye m8, a few belters for example

>mfw people rightfully shit on the term "electronic"
Sup Forums is slowly becoming less ignorant about this. feelsgoodman

>burial
>not IDM

Some IDM maybe, definitely afx.

that north face jacket is literally only based on rob brown from autechre isn't it?

>anything ever
>IDM

Stop getting so butthurt by umbrella terms. There are very few similarities between Schoenberg and Hildegard Von Bingen or Louis Armstrong and Cecil Taylor but just like"electronic music" there is still a vague intuition that the words "classical" and "jazz" give people about the tradition and variety of music being talked about. They're all really nebulous concepts that don't make a whole lot of sense when you start actively looking for flaws in what they define but they can still be useful in broad minded discussions like this if you're not being a pedant.

Yeah, a long time ago

this. Jazz is free moving where classical is formulaic and even algorithmic like good electronic music made with max MSP

>using the labels jazz or classical
>ever

Plebfuck

I honestly think it can be whatever you make it to. Un like instrument music you have absolutely no limits to what you can do.electronic music gas taken the form of every type of music there is including clasical, jazz, rock, punk,metal as well as pop. So to answer your question yes ot is

This question has no clean answer. And probably a lot of angry ones

Probably not, since Electronic music seems to age a lot quicker

>neither classical or jazz are dead

No