New Flaming Lips

youtube.com/watch?v=unLnJvzf-So&feature=share

Can they sink any lower?

I thought it was pretty good.

Pretty sure WC gave up / lost his marbles a long time ago.

Listen to the lyrics

Sounds like Coldplay

I think they work for what the song is trying to do

What is it trying to do

We're talking about the same band that got popular over 20 years because they rhymed "ghost" with "toast" and "sleeve" with "magazine".

So

You're fucking dense

So

way prefer this to the castle, video is fucking cringeworthy though

Significantly better than The Castle

So

the title accurately describes my feelings to what happened to this band

This

flaming lips is one of the most extreme examples of a band that used to be good going to complete and utter shit. the weird part is that they didn't even really sell out. they just started making terrible music with a terrible aesthetic and a terrible, phony ideology behind it. i can't believe i used to respect wayne coyne

i bet you plebs dislike the terror

actually the terror is myfavorite album by them after transmissions from the satellite heart. that was a fluke though. pretty much everything else that they've done since the soft bulletin (including the soft bulletin) has been trash

It turns into a really good song 45 seconds in.

This shit was way better than the Castle. Sounds like they're trying to merge the sound of the Terror with Yoshimi. Since the Terror was my fave album by them behind Zaireeka, I like what I hear so far.

Same

>Not liking their psychedelic stuff
Opinion discarded.

It's good

Are you kidding me dude, shooting roman candles at a girls pussy is one of the best vid ideas ive seen in a while

I don't wanna sound boring, but I really did prefer when they were a rock band. The best parts of their musicality are going to waste. Drozd drums were unprecedented. I really, really hate their taste in synth pads and beats. This doesn't even sound psychedelic to me, I could honestly believe some flavour of the month R&B singer produced this.

I thought something similar of The Terror. Embryonic was their last genuine transformation as a band, and the rest is seeming like a dull variation on a less authentic theme. I used to worship Wayne Coyne, but I'm not sure if I'd particularly wanna hang around him these days.

Fuck, this all started with Kliph didn't it? He was trying to adhere to social responsibility and call out hypocrisy as he saw it (even if he was acting autistic), then WC eviscerated him like a corrupt politician to a whistleblower.

Wayne did too many drugs and fried his brain, resulting in the death of his creativity as well

Apparently he doesn't even do psychedelics, he says he hates not having control.

Oh fuck, that might be the problem.

Posting my flaming lips ticket I bought to stubhub

Ok where is it

the terror is great