My back hurts. Besides toughening the fuck up, Do I see a chiropractor or are they just quacks? Sup Forums is wise...

My back hurts. Besides toughening the fuck up, Do I see a chiropractor or are they just quacks? Sup Forums is wise, any experience with chiropractic?

Yes, but look for one with good references, a chiropractor can either fix your back or fuck it up even more so start easy, check how do you feel after first session and if worked for you keep going, else look for another one

it will do nothing to help unless you actually stretch and exercise and move around on your own. Standing for too long is bad, sitting for too long is bad, laying down and sleeping too long is bad, exercising too much is bad.

you use moderation and keep it both rested and mobile in appropriate proportions, never letting it stay in the same position for too long unless you're lying down or something and it's not under pressure

you need to strengthen your muscles to protect it or it will continue to degrade at an accelerated rate and certain kinds of damage will be irreversable

PS: if it's a contracture you can also try to get prescribed ciclobenzoprine 15mg, take one before going to sleep and fixed (next day you'll be zombie mode but works like a charm)

Stretch when you get up and before you go to bed. For at least 10 minutes.

stretch, it do miracle my friend

So what does the chiro actually do then?

Massage Therapist is best.

Get an inversion machine. Hang upside for awhile. They REALLY fucking work on a bad back. Best thing ever.

Why is a massage therapist best. Am I right in saying they aren't trained to diagnose what's wrong?

Ice your back where it hurts. Do not apply heat.

If you have a localized pain, then get someone to push on that spot really hard with the heel of their hand. Works like a charm. NSAIDs work well too.

Thanks for the advice!

I feel like this is shit advice

yw :)

You are correct.

Do you feel pain anywhere in your legs OP?

This is the best bed/couch for a bad back. Several times I've hurt my back and cured it in this $200 Double Papasan Chair, which is better than any Chiropractor.

Put two pillows under your legs and one under your head as needed. That way you're the in the same position as an Astronaut ready for take-off. It takes all the pressure of the injured back so it can begin to heal.

Chiropractors are awesome for their actual job - to align your spinal chord. If the guy starts selling you supplements, walk away.

Note that all chiropractors are slight quacks. Slideshows on how a misaligned spine can cause everything from a cold to autism are normal. Ignore them, just get your back cracked.

My chiropractor was chill at first. But then he kept trying to sell me shit. Saying it would help me heal. Fuck that noise. Turns out I had a ruptured disc and needed surgery to fix it. Had surgery a week and a half ago and I feel 0 pain.

Chiropractor are fucking great man, go see one and in the way back home, grab some weed, really help back pain

Yeah, if you have recurring pain see a real doctor about it. But for a once-a-month adjustment they're great.

I mean in theory you should never have to see a chiropractor, but in theory we should also not eat bread and shit in a squatting position. The fact is that we don't live the way we were "meant to," so there's some consequences. One consequence of a sedentary life in a chair is a bad back, and I don't see a problem with having a guy who fixes it. I just wish chiropractors weren't so against actual medicine, it would prevent crap like what you experienced.

I wanted to go to a Chiropractor first because I knew they would be less invasive. But after a month of treatment nothing changed. So I went to a doctor. Had an MRI done. That disc was fucked. That's why whenever someone says that they have back pain. I ask them if they feel pain in their legs too. I know all to well how bad the statica can get. It's hell man.