Hey guys my computer crashed while playing Fallout 4, now everything is got weird colour distortion like this

Hey guys my computer crashed while playing Fallout 4, now everything is got weird colour distortion like this.

Is my graphics card fucked?

Other urls found in this thread:

corsair.com/en-au/hxi-series-hx750i-high-performance-atx-power-supply-750-watt-80-plus-platinum-certified-psu
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

i see no problem OP are you a fag???

let me upload pic from phone real quick. This shit is fucked.

I've been having problems with a corsair 750 Watt PSU. I kept cutting power after like 5-10 mins of fallout 4. While i was troubleshooting it happened total of about 15 times.

Would this have damaged my GPU? If so will corsair pay for a new one?

you have an AMD gpu ?

I had to upgrade my corsair 750W when I started playing fallout, had the same issue you had with it losing power after 5 minutes. Never inflicted any graphical effects though.

I THINK ITS THE BRIGHTNESS OF YOUR PC. GO BACK IN THE GAME AND GO TO BRIGHTNESS IN THE SETTINGS OR CONTRAST AND CHANGE IT.
(I DONT HAVE FALLOUT, BUT I HAD THIS PROBLEM WITH COD 1 AND THATS HOW IT GOT FIXED FOR ME)

Why would anyone buy a PSU from a company that's famous for selling memory chips FFS?
Also why do you want to pack a shitton of watts in the box? You run a 3-way SLI or what? Couldn't imagine what exactly you would have to put in the chassis that would require 3/4 of kilowatt of power to run. Srsly.

but.... but it's happening on everything.

oooh like that lol sorry i cant help you

are the lines always in the exact same place, or do they change if you open/close programs or turn off and back on your moniter?

Also - it looks like the memory on the card is rekt. Have you done any O/C and/or voltmod?

My bad, I got my psu output way out. I upgraded to 600W, can't remember what I had before.

I had something similar happening to me, and in my case it was simply a saggy graphics card.

Start by opening your case and smelling for burnt components,
if nothing is burnt, add some support under your graphics card and see if it helps

they move depending on the mouse position, if i'm typing, and the tab/program I have open.

turning monitor on and off doesn't change position.

looks like you got the system32 virus fam

If you ever buy new one, (aside from wattage) check things that most people don't give a shit about. Ie:
-amps on the +12 rail (that's even more important than wattage)
-how much voltage does increase/drop with the load (top-notch PSU have it below 3%)
-voltage ripple (high levels of that disqualify most of highly valued boxes)

And about this confirms that the memory chips on the graphics card are rekt, as I wrote in

Nah could be your ram.

check connections, update your drivers, reboot a few times and also try running in safe mode, try a different monitor if possible

...just to make sure it is indeed your GPU dying.

Dude, your graphics card is fucked. Happened to me half year ago.
If it is on warranty - you can get it refunded or replaced. If the warranty is over you could try fixing it by heating the chip but chances are it'll fuck up completely.
Could be RAM too as says. To check RAM download memtest86 live-cd or live-usb and let it run for at least an hour.

GPU smells burnt.

saggy how? i tried pushing it to see if it was loose in it's holder. Seems tight as a nun.

I have never Overclocked it. Don't know what voltmod is. But the 750 watt Corsair i just removed, and replaced with my old one, kept cutting power after 5 mins of fallout 4. The first time it failed the game crashed to desktop, it said "graphics kernel error". But then every other time the PSU cut all power. That happened about 15 times. I heard turning on and off computers is bad for them, but i'm no expert.

FYI i was playing upwards of 12 hours straight with my GPU before corsair shat in my PC.

does it happen when you reboot and enter bios?

if it is only present in windows then it's not hardware related, if it happens outside of windows then it most definitely is

No PSU should cut power to the intestines.
What PSU you do have now? Also, provide specs (mobo, CPU, how many peripherals, etc.).
It could be that PSU is weak on +12 rail and increases voltage with the load, what can ultimately lead to frying something (although it shouldn't, unless it gives more than 13,2V on the +12 rail)

How do i view those things?

Just reboot the computer and everything will be fixed.

as for the PSU - you know what to do
for the rest - everest home edition - should provide all the necessary info

Hmm yeah op that looks like a graphic card failure, do you have an onboard graphic card to see if the issue persist?

Oh and reboot if u didnt already lol

Hold up you want my current PSU + system specs or the shitty corsair PSU stats?

Looks a little like GPU artifacts. Have any GPU fan software running to make sure when the GPU gets warm they actually increase in RPM?

Current. Why would I care about what's not inside the chassis?

Everything.

true, good point

I can't do that mate. Took me like an hour and a half to get that thing out of my tower. HX750i corsair.

Will the rail info be in the manual?

Also how do i use Everest home edition?

Man, google GPU Artifacts, looks exactly like what is wrong with yours atm...

mate just use cpuz. download it. tell you everything you need to know.

install gentoo

well fuck. I'm up shit creek.

I bet corsair will ignore me and the store owner won't even give me a refund, probs end up getting a shitty $100 GPU.

you probably downloaded a virus in that game dumbass delete it

Just check the model, you don't have to remove it from the box.
As for the app - get to the "report - create report - hardware - html - save to file", upload to some site, give link. It'll contain a shitton of info of which I need only few lines, but we don't have whole day

here's the report

file:///C:/Users/User1/Desktop/WHITEONE.html

srsly I hope that's trolling

corsair.com/en-au/hxi-series-hx750i-high-performance-atx-power-supply-750-watt-80-plus-platinum-certified-psu

talks about rails

srry i don't know what i'm doing 99% of the time.

I used to have a white tower.

Yes i am a moron.

current, not previous
upload the file to wikisend.com or whatever else & provide link

also did you put those parts together or somebody else did it?

I got it built twice. At birth of machine, and when i changed cases a few months ago. I essentially unplugged everthing and plugged it all back in when I installed the Corsair shitbox. I double and tripple checked every connection before powering on. Took about 5 hours.

100% nothing wrong with my installation. The fuckin PSU fucked my graphics card. So sad atm. Was really looking forward to playing fallout 4 again.

Sorry user, but the fact that moving from one case to another took you 5hrs and you don't know what's inside, so you have to check it via software, says a lot by itself. And it's not a compliment.

Colleage at work got the same artefacts and fixed it by putting the graphics card in the oven at 80deg for a while. Well don't quote me on the temperature but google it. Sometimes it is just a bad solder joint. Fallout can run the card quite hot and any sudden powerloss (instant cooler stop) is not helping either. Google it and try it before just throwing it out. Also, the corsair PSU is fine.

Why are you guys recommending ovening the card when you don't know which one OP has? A very specific, narrow list of card can be temporarily fixed by that. Doing that on any card outside the list will not help in any way and may cause harm (molten plastic that hadn't been secured will make the shop tell you to GTFO because they will invalidate the warranty).

Me again, didnt see that you got the power loss issue with the corsair. Thought it was the other way around. What user said about rails is right, though with the corsair I have, there is an option to switch the rail-mode it uses.

>SpiritualAdvancement
Ahahahahahahahahhhahaa

I told him to google it. I heard of two people (in real life) that fixed their artifacts (that looked and behaved EXACTLY like that) in this way.
Again, if you fear for the plastics, lower temp or just remove them first. It's not rocket science.
Google knows the temperatures deemed 'safe' and also the models of the cards. But, as an electrical engineer doing some soldering by the way (usually more the firmware guy at work) I can tell that this solution has the potential to fix more than "just a specific subset of cards".