Hey, I'm buying a gun. but I'm a total fuckin' new fag when it comes to weapons...

Hey, I'm buying a gun. but I'm a total fuckin' new fag when it comes to weapons. I want a pistol but I don't know which is good for personal defense. Help me out Sup Forums

>Inb4 go to /k/ they wouldn't tolerate this shit
>Inb4 HURR DURR THEY'RE ALL GOOD FOR PERSONAL DEFENSE.

Bump because I want a pistol and need people to make my decisions for me.

Go to /k/ That's what the board is made for.
The Fags there can tell you everything and anything you need to know about a gun.

Springfield XD9. Simple to use, God capacity, great ergonomics. But more important than what you get is that you spend time getting decent training on how to use and responsibly own that fucker.

Good capacity, not god

You know there's no need to buy a gun to kill yourself, you fag.

OP, go to a gun store, they can help you more there. or go to /k/. But honestly without knowing anything your best bet is to go to a gun store itself, they can help more.

colt 1911 (nighthawk )
2-3 grand

It really all depends on personal prefrence. If you want reliability and in a more compact size you could look at glocks.
If you want more stopping power and style you could look at some m1911s
You could also ask the person you are buying from for their opinion

buy a handheld nuke

Buy this gun op

Go to gun store
Try every one, even if you don't like the look
Buy the one that fits your hand the best
Practice....practice....practice.

dayum. Would if it were real.

yeah I've gone to a gun range and wanted to try some out. I live in TX so there's like one around every corner.

OK, so you probably have a few in mind, but gun ranges aren't the best place unless you go with a few friends that have different types.

You need to go to every gunstore you can find and hold them, operate the controls, (cylinder release, slide release, mag eject, etc.) You'd be surprised at how much of a difference there really is between handguns.

Don't bid on an auction unless you've handled the same gun.

Consider a shotgun for in your home.

Get out of the basement and go talk to someone who works at a gun store.

Whats your spending limit? What state do you reside in? Cant go wrong with a glock 19

Also, if you're going concealed carry, your body type/physical characteristics could come into play. Semi-auto vs revolver, high capacity mag vs low, barrel length, weight, etc.

Describe your carry position and your physical makeup, maybe we can guide you a little.

THE GOLD DEAGLE

You'll have to carry that in your ass if you want to conceal it!

I agree with XD9
I have the XD40 & wife has the XD45s

Good guns from Springfield Armory

STAR PD .45. easily concealed. Very effective.

I'm 6'1", 300 lbs, so I wear a shoulder holster with a full size .45 on one side and a couple mags on the other, because it fits my hand well and I'm thick chested, so it rides well in my armpit.

If I was a skinny guy, I'd probably go small of back or paddle.

/k/ could likely give you better answers. What is it going to be used for?

Oh yeah, if I'm going out in a crowd and I'm wearing pants and boots, I'll tuck a little Taurus pt-22 in my sock.