Any of you fools international (F-1) students in the US? How do you afford this shit?

Any of you fools international (F-1) students in the US? How do you afford this shit?

>tfw my friend attends one of top 100 unis in the world
>mfw he gets paid for it

How long is that for? My university education in Australia as an Australian cost well over that and it didn't include anything but tuition, though it was for 3 years.

>Transportation $600
How?

two semesters, probably.

The hell? I pay 10 MXN (0.50 USD) of dollar everyday for transportation.

This user is correct

Rich parents or government sponsorships. California school costs are also not representative of all US universities

Your bus drivers also get paid US$6 per day and you have to ride the bus with a bunch of spics

Most of the guys I know who did choose to go study in the US had scholarships, the people who wanted to party abroad chose Spain

What/where did you study? Seems awfully high for only 3 years.

Why the fuck is your transportation $600?

It's $75 for me which includes a parking permit and shuttle ride around campus.

>tfw 10 for the metro and 10 for the bus

It was postgrad, cost me $88k

So $38k over 3 years for tuition, that's less than half of what my degree in Australia was. What are people complaining about?

I only use the subway, not the bus.

Are you sure you're adding things up correctly? I can't imagine an education in Australia costing US$240,000 (335,000 AUD) for a Bachelor of Arts 4-year degree

3 year Masters senpai. Though I didn't do any currency converting, it was $88k AUD.

>books and supplies
What kind of xix century degeneracy is this?

I dunno you m8
But math books are pretty useful

probably at a bigger school/school in an urban area. Parking passes at my uni were $700 dollars and there was a separate transport fee.

Этo Aмepикa, бpaтaн, этo Aмepикa.

Don't you have Internet access to wolframalpha and preinstalled spreadsheets in classrooms?

чaщe вceгo ты пoкyпaeшь нe тoлькo yчeбник, нo и дocтyп к oнлaйн зaдaниям. oбpaзoвaниeвpeи хopoшo зapaбaтывaют

>$120,000 Monopoly dollars per year for law at a T14
>only about $15k in scholarships
>don't quality for any other awards or concessions because I'm a middle-class white male international student
>my loving parents have been footing my bill because they told me "your job is to get into a good school, our job is to help you pay for it"
>I've noticed my parents living more modestly since I started going
>when I got back for christmas break, I noticed they sold one of our cars
>they're all excited to talk to the extended family about how I'm going to be a lawyer
>I don't want to be a lawyer at all
>don't know how to tell them
>almost feel obligated to slave away in BIGLAW just to make my parents happy and help them pay the bills once they go on pension fixed income

>he doesn't live in a capitalist country
Here lecturers write books which they sell for ~$250-300 and make compulsory in the course. My $88k 3-year tuition fee doesn't even include having to buy books for 10 subjects a year.

>paying hundreds of thousands of dollars for a degree
>not paying a fraction of that to become a merchant mariner, traveling the world and living a man's life

You're all the fools.

>paying for education
>not getting paid to study
AAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA
have fun trying to pay that debt back losers

>interest-free debt that is removed as tax when you earn a high-income and never paid back if you leave the country

Yeah I'll think I'll be okay

Sure m8, but still for exams unless I cheat with my phone that wont be very useful

>when you earn a high-income
what if you don't?
what if you do? will it be worth it? slaving away all day every day, geez

>what if you don't?
Then you don't ever have to pay it back

>what if you do? will it be worth it? slaving away all day every day, geez
Have to get paid somehow, I'd rather do it for a lot of money and take a few years off out of school than having to get into work straight away for peanuts.

enjoy, hope you meet all kinds of different people in your time as a tradesman and maybe even get a good friend or two, at some point maybe a girl friend
that is good

>tradesman
No senpai, blue collar work is for immigrants and Irish-Australians. Chicks will be gagging for my dick in two years when I become a barrister.

i don't even know what that means lmao
barrister? are you going to work in a bar? are you going to be a little barmaid?
i don't really care, sorry for being such a dick but i have nothing better to do i'm going to bed now see ya
and i sincerely hope you make it

Blue collar work is a term meaning working class employment, as opposed to white collar work which refers to work for educated people such as doctoring or lawyering.

A barrister is a type of lawyer who represents the accused or the crown (the police) in criminal cases.

Thanks senpai

>23k for room and board
what the FUCK even fucking san francisco is not this bad