eh

...Why ya gotta kill my vibe?

eh

Parson Sound makes this sound like the Beach Boys

eh

Sgt Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band

title track to this album is GOAT
if any of you scrublords have ever smoked DMT then you'll know

too bad that album is forgettable and no body gives a shit, unlike the beach boys

peyote is way more intense than dmt

Too obvious of a choice.

I like The Beach Boys, I'm just saying

if you like flying and or blue jay way, heres a whole album like them

easily one of my favorites

I figured this would be posted before lonerism

I stole this album from aeroplane it's so good
youtube.com/watch?v=jk8myb2rddY&list=PL8a8cutYP7fp_cLAQhtckn_NQaKi1jRZR

This is probably the album that got me into psychedelic music (outside of obvious singles you hear on oldies/classic rock radio).

9/10
Agreed, best thing britain ever produced musically
6/10
Eh, they're a really good band, although too nostalgic/retro. Can't really compare with the originals from the 60s.
no
hi scariffo
6/10
Too zen/sleepy for a God-tier psych album.
8/10
8/10
One of the comfiest things I've ever heard.
Classic

Just stopping by to give your taste a 8/10

I can't tell if the no is to my question or you're saying my pick wasn't a psych album.

It could be either.

Why does it matter that Tame Impala takes their inspiration from earlier artists? Why does that make them lesser? If they had released Innerspeaker or Lonerism in the '60's would you like them more?

I loved Rolled Gold

Because some (most) of their songs copypaste Shamelessly from the masters of the 60s for me.
It's just doesn't feel 100% honest and original since its highly derivative from what the bands of 60 years ago were trying to say. Making an original sound gives much more credit since you took the effort to create your own language instead of mere quoting/copying what other bands made.

Doesn't even bother you to listen to something like this youtube.com/watch?v=fGcBRjdZeS0 ?
For me Tame Impala is to psychedelic what Socotra is to grunge. Déjà-vu

I understand what you're saying but I think it's important to look beyond the surface similarities and examine what makes one artist different from another. I appreciate Tame Impala's ability to adapt classic '60's psych tropes into the format of modern rock. I'm not gonna say they're doing anything mind-blowingly innovative but they've certainly updated a really dated sound.

Also, I'm not the dude that posted either of the TE albums, if that matters to you.

this counts

Uh, that's why i give a 6/10 and said they still were really good (besides sounding like the Beatles mixed by Todd Rundgren)

I guess, Cicatriz is very psychedelic for me desu

Gotcha. I wasn't trying to imply that you didn't appreciate them or anything. I guess I wanted to know more about your opinion. Sorry if it came off as defensive.

speaking of early pink floyd, is there a torrent of all the shit of the early years collection ?

69 - 72 is the best thing they did and listening to bootleg live is amazing, this pack is everything I ever wanted but it is priced at ten times what it should be worth.

What's a good "recent" psych band that doesn't try to copy old stuff mindlessly? I'd be really surprises if it exists.

Tame Impala

>Must be played in the dark
youtube.com/watch?v=koMydPxwmcE

Does it have to be psych rock? Not sure rn im too tired

Thanks user this is amazing

Still don't get why this is so hated on here.

Oh, yes!

This

I recently realized the Deatg Grips sample from this; mind blown

Early Tangerine Dream is criminally underrated.

Mono version is best. If you haven't heard it in mono then you really haven't heard PATGOD.