I fucking hate this show. Why is it popular, Sup Forums?

I fucking hate this show. Why is it popular, Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minstrel_show
twitter.com/AnonBabble

maybe cuz americans are stupids

because not everything is made to please your basement dwelling virgin ass

because of shandor

Because American women get banged by big bangers ;)

Because it's funny. Many shows are comedy based actually

This.

bc season 1 was actually good and had moments that felt fresh with themes you havent seen on tv. And then shit went south. If I see one more series by chuck lorre where one character says "I love you" and the other responds with "Uhm, thank you", im going to consider letterbombing that dude.

It's like family guy for the weird people who made math jokes in highschool.

Comparing Family Guy to Big Bang Theory is like comparing ice cream to fire trucks

i also hate the show

mainly because of the laugh tracks

>unfunny joke
*laugh track*

old family guy. It's mindless gags and references.

At least the laughing people aren't dead like in every other comedy show

Wait, aren't the shows flimed infront of real audience, or is that just once or twice a season, cant remember

Yes, of course. But I wasn't refering to the quality. I was just pointing out that both shows are like apples and pears. They don't have a single thing in common. Except they're both comedy shows

Haha, Big Bang Theory is actually the ONLY comedy show that doesn't use laughing tracks. It's a live audience

Because it's comedy, and also vaguely related to science, which people like, because they feel smart when they get a sciencey joke.

>Why is it popular, Sup Forums?

It became popular during the time where being a nerd was mainstream and cool and everyone was calling each other nerds and geeks.

Every time? thought only once per season

Are you from the future?

only because of early seasons sheldon

I'm a fan myself but I haven't heard a single science joke in the whole show. What are you talking about?

Op thinks he's betta than us

the show is ok what it is.. but that sheldon character is seriously annoying as fuck and not funny at all.. figured after 9 seasons they would change him a bit.. no
fuck this shit

No idea, its the usual low-tier sitcom filth the US shits out.

It's enough to mention anything related in any way to science for it to be a science joke, do you even sitcom? Of course, anyone who didn't sleep through 7th grade science and use the internet with any regularity will get every joke on that show.

They're catering to the majority while masking it as nerdy and smart. And as I said, people like to feel the smarts.

Be the hero we all deserve

Because of this

It's called geek chic, its a form of hipsterism.
It is literally cancer.

fuck you

Fu that was funny

>I warned you

>I hate you

Well I guess we have a different definition of science jokes. From my point of view it's not enough to mention anything related in any way to science for it to be a science joke.
As I said: I am a fan of the show but for me the only "scientific" part of the show are the professions of the characters. The show is settled in an academic environment with related problems and lifestyles, but the jokes are just regular jokes. And I'm pretty sure everybody over 13 gets this and knows what a real science joke is: Rarely understandable and never funny.

fucker

Mediocrity sells, average is relatable.

Bringlerama

But he described the present like it's something past

Really? The _only_ comedy show? There have been dozens who don't use laugh tracks.

TBBT doesn't use canned laugh tracks, but they ask their audience to laugh at different levels of enthusiasm and use those throughout the show.

>Why is it popular

Because it's blackface with nerds instead of niggers

Of course, but I used the word "only" as a hyperbole in the meaning of a rhetorical device to demonstrate how uninformed and ignorant the user is I was refering to. Although I'd admit the word "only" is too strong and absolute in its meaning to really be a hyperbole.
Anyway, I just wanted to make him look stupid

What about a show with nigger nerds? This must really make millions.

Taking the black out of blackface in the mistrel show is what made it commercially viable, silly.

Sheldon? Is it you?

Because bagoonga OP

Who told you that? And what is blackface? Why am I silly if I don't know what you're talking about and just make jokes? Why do we die?

because in the show they are like us : they don't want to grew up.

Because memes

Why?

>Because memes
But I love it because of this!!!

he was refferencing batman
>IM BATMAN

benedict cumberbatch

>what is blackface?

Well, that's a lot of cultural baggage to suddenly learn about. Might as well start here
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minstrel_show

Sheldon's a faggot

fuck, kill, marry, anal

Fuck outta here

I am SO Sheldon Cooper. Like exactly to a T

This.

I was hoping for a shorter explanation than a wikipedia article. I'm not interested in american culture at all, sorry. But thanks anyway

Tim & Eric, nigga

Homeboy gets it. It also gave people who are legit nerds a source of somewhat relatable material. But mostly it's popular because we've all been hanging on Chuck Lorre's saggy old ball bag for a decade now waiting to see how he's going to end the show.

Jim & Carl, potato

>white people imitating and ridiculing black people on stage

It's a show.

This one.

I like the show. It's cute and funny. All you haters diss the show for stupid reasons but whatever. It's popular and people like it. Deal with it faggots.

I don't care darling

Truth. Examples:

That's exactly why I'm not interested in american culture.
But somebody actually delivering? 100 internet points for you, thank you

Half of the posts are mine and I am german. What now?

You're an honorary American by virtue of your extraordinary stupidity.

This shows on in the break room at work sometimes. I've watched about 4 full episodes and I've never laughed once. Not once. Nothing funny happens in this show.

"Hey Indian guy I have a question"
"No mofo"
>audience erupts in raucous laughter for 20 minutes

Thanks, that explains it and now your thesis totally makes sense

Because of normalfags wanting to be geeks/ nerds but don't want to take the time to read a ton of comics or get good at vidya, so they settle for a bad sitcom that uses a laugh track as much as mudslime supporters use the no true Scotsman fallacy and has a couple of comic references that anyone who has ever heard of a comic book would get.

You're welcome. And I'd be happy to trade places with you so I could live in Germany and you could live among your kind here in the U.S. of A.

Till the day I day I will wonder why people don't understand the concept of different tastes

B-b-but they all laughed - it must be funny, right? I just want to fit in.

why are you posting a corrupted image.. the show is obnoxious but you more so...

Nah, that'd be stupid of me. Though I already am, maybe I should? But then my actions would make sense and this wouldn't be stupid at all. I'm getting confused. Since you aren't stupid: Maybe you could help me out? But wait ... you are american, aren't you stupid yourself then?

i hate it too. i hate the laugh track. hi penny laugh like it's the funniest thing ever. i hate how i have a alienware computer and that stupid show uses it...

It's a show about smart people that is made for dumb people. People like it because they get the shitty jokes and then feel like they're a part of the popular nerd/geek culture.

Because normalfags and "geeks" think it's funny.

You've just been redpilled user, it's alright to hate normie shows.

dem tits on Pam and the blonde one likes to play daddy and baby girl...im so diamond. time to go watch her tits bound up and down

/thread

Everybody today considers themself as something special. Nobody wants to be "normal". Like you said: It's alright to hate normie shows, It's actually popular. That's so boring, seriously.
Since hating mainstream became so common, I try my best to be normal.

Back to gawker you darling using faggot

Damn fuck you

Back to gawker you faggot using darling

Bulgaria

No, it's just unfunny. It really is nerd blackface, and far from not being able to have a self depreciating laugh, it's lame.

Sheldon: I'm like Schroeders cat
Dick #2: we don't know if you're alive or dead?
Sheldon: you didn't see me.

BUZUMPO!

*laugh track*

If pretending to be educated because you "understand that reference" to middle school level science appeals to you...

My father likes TBBT. He also believes he has an IQ of 160 because an online quiz he took.

Back when the show was just starting to gain traction they got a lot of heat in the media for being accused of using a laugh track.
Their response was to photoshop audience members.