Why do Americans feel the need to own a military grade assult rifle?

why do Americans feel the need to own a military grade assult rifle?

do they think war is going to break out? is that not what the military is for? im all for people owning guns, but not guns that can kill 50 people in 15 minutes. a hunting rifle and a handgun is the only thing that should be available to the public

Other urls found in this thread:

cdc.gov/nchs/fastats/injury.htm
youtube.com/watch?v=ihYnG1raB6A
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Go to Sup Forums fag

a hand gun could kill 50 people in 15 minutes

not nearly as easily thougn

Not military grade.
It's semi-auto.

Faggot.

>50 people in 15 minutes

A fucking musket can do that.

The reason we have AR15s is fuck you.

yeah it can glock with a 33round mag over half the deaths before one reload

That's not a assault rifle op. It doesn't have a forward grip and it looks like it's semi auto.

Obviously you don't shoot much.

ok.. but you know what im saying

as a norwegian, i would love to have one.
i think guns are awesome, not because they are meant to kill. but because i find guns to be intriguing.

Soldier in military only use semi-auto. Fully auto is just for cover fire. It's impossible to shot accurately even with just a 3 round burst. Soldiers are trained to not waste ammo.

>33 year old marine, 4 tours in iraq 2 in afghanistan

nope I don't considering ak and ar pistols exist and are by law handguns also that can take 75 or 100 round drums

ITT: Amerifats getting mad, don't touch muh guns hurr durr

Still not military grade. Doesn't matter how much shit you piled on top of your bullshit argument.

Doesn't change the definition, dipshit.

dubs speak the truth. But 3 round burst is accurate through, a good shooter can keep it to a 4-5 inch spread, so a shot right in the center of the torso is likely to hit the target with all three shots.

Because "military grade assault rifles" are only used in 3% of gun crimes here, and we don't believe in giving up rights to solve problems that, statistically speaking, aren't really even problems.

>military grade assult rifle

Yeah, at 30-50 feet. Have you ever been in battle? 90% of the time that shit happens over distances of hundreds of yards.

Ameritard here, and gun nut.
Dunno. I have one because it's fun to shoot.
So ya know, you can own a full auto here, but it's expensive and requires a special license. Ammo is expensive enough without throwing a paycheck downrange. Oldpic but related

Which I might add is why the .223 is the military standard. It's as accurate as the most accurate of hunting rifles, but with little recoil and a 20-30 round magazine, makes it a military grade rifle.

Actually most infantry engagements occur within 200m. That's basically half of the rationale that birthed the project which resulted in the adoption of the M16.

Im gonna guess that ur american

What's the difference between a hunting rifle and an AR-15?

Flying squirrels, that's why.

Hrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrggg

Wild jahoodies are limited to cowardly assaults on soft targets. Attacks on our soil will not happen because there are more guns than people in the US.

so is this an assault riffle OP???

Sup Forumsark

Its the scary rails that makes it bad

yes

Reach out and touch someone.

and how are your guns gonna shot bomb out of the air, planes, missiles, tanks and drones? don't get me wrong now, I don't advocate an all out gun ban, but don't kid yourself and get rid of your delusions

false quote made up by yank media to maek them feel warm and fuzzy inside. Noone invades anymore, it's done by button and air. Fucking retards stupid enough to think a rifle will save you from any form of government dictatorship. It's already happening boys.

>fuuck YOU GUN NUT GIVE MR YOUR GUNS BE LIKE EUROPE
no

But handguns are the actual weapon of an assassin? Designed specifically to be portable murder machines that can easily be concealed?

If cowboys had full auto rifles, they would still carry pistols into town. Rifles are for warfare, pistols are for killing civilians.

you don't even know what you're saying

Next they will want to take our tanks!

>Marine
>Uses the world "soldier" to describe military
>Says full retard is just for cover fire
>Can't hit with 3rb

Fake and gay.

>Planes/tanks/ships meme

You dumb nigger, all the kings horses and tanks and planes and men couldn't contain insurgency in iraq, a population just over that of texas. You think theyd stand up to a general countrywide uprising?

You have transcended the realm of fucking retarded into something deeper. I lack the proper words to describe this level of stupid.

>why do Americans feel the need to own a military grade assult rifle?
Fight tyrannical governments. Guess what, you need military grade weapons to defeat military forces in combat.

Why do people say this retarded shit? Do you see how well insurgency works? Do you see how impossible it is for US TO GO IN WITH OUR TANKS AND PLANES AND STOP ISIL WHICH IS A BUNCH OF SANDNIGGERS WITH JUST "your guns that cant shot bombs" AND WHY?

War will ALWAYS come down to infantry in the end. Genocide, maybe not, but war, always.

People seem to forget america was founded by rebels who bought this country with gunfire. You should ALL have paid attention in history class.

That question, why does anyone NEED to have a scary looking rifle... like asking why does anyone NEED to own an escalade when a kia will get u to where you need to go..... for the record I have two rifles.. super scary looking..

If bombs out of the air, planes, missiles, tanks, and drones were the answer how did Vietnam and Afghanistan kick our ass? It's all about ground work and the simple fact that no one is ever going to take out guns.

Generally, caliber although that's not always true. Action is fairly irrelevant outside of instances like PA.
A number of states specify 24 as a minimum, 5.56/.223 being 22.4 caliber falls short of that.
If you were hunting game for which 5.56/.223 were a generally suitable caliber or were using an upper of another caliber 6.8/300/ect, an AR would make a fantastic rifle which you could easily suit to the circumstances of your hunt, whether a shorter handier brush gun or anything else may be ideal.
When people, sometimes even people within the firearms and hunting community, hear the term hunting rifle, they tend to think of the sporting rifle of yesteryear. Perhaps a butchered service rifle or the ubiquitous M70/R700, mostly because that's what is portrayed in media.

I'm going to guess you're in Europe. Have fun with your Muslims!

>feel the need

OURS IS A BILL OF RIGHTS, NOT NEEDS, PANTY-WASTE FUCKWAD

Why do Europeans feel the need to rely on American military to protect them from Russia? We all know the answer to that.

He's not wrong. They use single fire almost all the time.

>Fake and gay.
user knows his shit.

Because of my job.

>it costs more to manufacture select-fire switches and install them
>they do that

Oh, jesus, I guess auto and burst are pretty fucking useful, huh?

rifles are used in less than 400 murders per year... why are they a problem again

What this guy said.

Stop calling of duty, please.

You don't own the gun, Uncle Sam does

Don't get me confused, I was only a National Guard faggot, but I know a faker when I see one no matter what branch they claim to be in.

Really need machete control over there. Those military grade machetes the Muslims use to hack innocent people at their train stations. they have no room to talk

look at this doode

no fucking way a musket kills 50 people in 15 minutes you goon you couldnt even kill 15

samed. trained to not waste. SFC in army

>why are they a problem again
Because some idiot invented tumbly.

>>Soldier
>>Marine
Which one is it?

>being this retarded

Because of their history, every single european country without exception has banned sword-wielding since antiquity for citizenry.

Of course, machete slayings happen, and all, I'm just saying. They DO have sword-control there. It doesn't work any better than gun-control

Neither, he's a civilian liberal who also plays call of duty. He's probably a Brit or Canadian as well.

Musket has 20 seconds to reload and fire, 3 rpm. 15 minutes its 45 kills assuming hitting target every time

I'm just going to leave this here.

You really can't accept that something you thought is wrong, can you?

It's ok, one day, you'll see that you were wrong...

Hunting with that makes you a retard. Get a real gun

because you might need it one day

>I'm a retard who can't into guns
Muskets can throw out 3-4 rounds a minute
15 minutes
45-60 rounds

Doesn't matter what fucking gun they have when the people being shot at aren't goddamn fighting back and has that much time to shoot.

Here is your (You), moron.

Time to hit the pub.
have fun you glorious Sup Forumsastards

Not using a military grade rifle to take down innocent prey is cruel. You're pretty right.

You post this every day

because liberty is more important than safety

This is like asking why you need to have a Dodge viper when you only really need a Geo Metro.

chezked

Safety is far more important than liberty.

because gun deaths have been consistently falling for the past 20+ years

i agree, we say we need them to fend off invaders but thats why we have the military

Poor eurofags. Can't have guns. Can't have bullet proof vest. Cant have sword. Jesus, talk about being powerless and defenseless. Maybe that's why their panties get so wadded up talking about americas guns.

It's still an assault rifle without the forward grip or full auto smart guy

Sure are, when you are trying to fix someone in place so something ELSE, like artillery, can do the killing.

When you don't HAVE fucking support elements to do the killing for you, everything that isn't fed by a belt and/or mounted to a hardpoint on a vehicle gets switched to...get ready for it...

Semi fucking auto. Because you kinda need to hit the fucker to make him die.

same reason i own a car.
and auto deaths are approx equal to gun deaths
cdc.gov/nchs/fastats/injury.htm

Your turning this around. If you have to illegalize something, you have to look at reasons it should be illegal.
Freedom > safety
Always

You wouldn't want cameras everywhere in your house so the government could watch if you did something illegal.

Most people don't even understand what the 2nd ammendment even really means. Which by that their going to say what ever they think is right..if you don't understand the reason then you should ask a dumb question in the first place. Criminals are going to be criminals so who give a shit about rifle vs handgun.. it won't stop them being a criminal. Those who buy shit out legally won't be shooting up a place for no reason. So if you don't like the idea of owning a gun then don't get one.. and if your worried about being in a public place that's going to get shot up. Then stay home and keep playing your video games and watching the new publications for bad media... One Day you might get it..

gr8 b8 m8. i rel8 str8 appreci8 nd congratul8. i r8 dis b8 an 8/8. plz no h8, i'm str8 ir8. cr8 more cant w8. we shood convers8 i wont ber8, my number is 8888888 ask for N8. no calls l8 or out of st8. if on a d8, ask K8 to loc8. even with a full pl8 i always hav time to communic8 so dont hesit8. dont forget to medit8 and particip8 and masturb8 to allevi8 ur ability to tabul8 the f8. we should meet up m8 and convers8 on how we can cre8 more gr8 b8, im sure everyone would appreci8 no h8. i dont mean to defl8 ur hopes, but itz hard to dict8 where the b8 will rel8 and we may end up with out being appreci8d, im sure u can rel8. we can cre8 b8 like alexander the gr8, stretch posts longer than the nile's str8s. well be the captains of b8 Sup Forums our first m8s the growth r8 will spread to reddit and like reel est8 and be a flow r8 of gr8 b8 like a blind d8 well coll8 meet me upst8 where we can convers8 or ice sk8 or lose w8 infl8 our hot air baloons and fly tail g8. we cood land in kuw8, eat a soup pl8 followed by a dessert pl8 the payment r8 wont be too ir8 and hopefully our currency wont defl8. well head to the israeli-St8, taker over like herod the gr8 and b8 the jewish masses 8 million m8. we could interrel8 communism thought it's past it's maturity d8, a department of st8 volunteer st8. reduce the infant mortality r8, all in the name of making gr8 b8 m8

Absolute and total kek at the idea that burst fire is suppressive

Americans are peasants (per the dictionary definition). Slaves in their own country.

They're given a Constitutional Right to own guns - as long as they protect The People from tyranny.

And what do they do when tyranny comes? Duck and cover. Cowards of the worst variety.

They don't deserve to own guns anymore. They lost that right the second tyranny arose, and they did NOTHING.

1% of their country controls 99.998% of their wealth. 1 in 10 of their citizens is in prison. Fuck 'em. They're not worth saving.

>inb4 but you have muslims in your country hurr durrrrrrrrrrrr

youtube.com/watch?v=ihYnG1raB6A
7 minutes they start up comparing a brown bess to a kentucky long rifle, one is a musket the other is a rifle.

Because the media wants them to be seen as such. It stirs controversy which drives viewership which makes them money and grants them favor with those whose agendas align with their profiteering on misery. A partnership forms and reinforces itself.

>.mil
>trained not to be wasteful
dohohohoho

>>inb4 but you have muslims in your country hurr durrrrrrrrrrrr

But it's true. Why aren't you taking your own advice and shooting islamofacists left and right? Guess you're a pussy that doesn't deserve to live anymore(be saved) too.

lol you have no idea what tyranny is

Because that would start ww3 faggot. A holy war

Must be a trump supporting fucktard
Checked

>Shitposting: The Post

Absolute and total kek at the idea that you are going to stick your head up into 10+ people burst firing at what you are currently hiding behind.

PS: Please do this.

>1 in 10 in prison
That's mostly niggers, friend.

Too many people are responsible with their weapons to ban them. We don't ban cars, despite the number of injuries and fatalities directly caused by them and their potential for abuse, because they have value. Guns have value and the regulations in place at federal and state levels (like those for cars) are society's response to the danger in an attempt to balance freedoms and dangers. Your suggestion to ban everything but hunting rifles and handguns- two categories of weapons that could be every bit as dangerous in the wrong hands as an "assult" rifle- suggests you don't know enough about firearms to make any kind of policy decision or even a policy suggestion.