Please explain to a pleb what's the apeal of "patrician" music (noise, free jazz, drone and other obscure music)?

Please explain to a pleb what's the apeal of "patrician" music (noise, free jazz, drone and other obscure music)?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/xoYVEQeJ4WQ
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/dewan-motihar-trio-irene-schweizer-trio-manfred-schoof-barney-wilen/jazz-meets-india/
youtu.be/0WhXtkMyPHU
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/pop_masina/kiselina/
youtube.com/watch?v=WX8CqfpGwzw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It's good if you like it.
A lot of it is more of an acquired taste, but in the end that's all it is, taste.
Listen to whatever suits you, as long as it's not cucked normietier pop or something.

Who trolled you into believing they were "patrician"?

As said, you kinda ease your way into more obscure stuff by listening to more accessible stuff with elements of drone or harsh noise.

If you don't like it, no big deal. It's obviously not for eveyone

I like the way it sounds.

Repurposing thread for obscure music.
Post anything good you think no one here has listened to!

Pic related: Glitter by Pasteboard

Let me preface all of this by saying that it's really hard to appreciate said and similar genres of music if you're not a musician. That's not to say that you have to be a musician to enjoy and appreciate said music.
As far as drone goes, Fripp and Eno made a couple of drone albums. They're hardly obscure. As far as noise music goes, I've started listening to noise rock only a little while ago and I've started with Les Rallizes Dénudés. This is really interesting:
youtu.be/xoYVEQeJ4WQ
In my opinion, free jazz as an idea is perfected on this album:
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/dewan-motihar-trio-irene-schweizer-trio-manfred-schoof-barney-wilen/jazz-meets-india/
Free jazz as a concept sounds appealing, but it's abrasive and not at all pleasant to listen to. In my opinion, repeated free jazz passages in songs ranging from 30 seconds to a minute work really well and can be appreciated and not sound so abrasive. Here's an amazing video on the topic:
youtu.be/0WhXtkMyPHU

It's a pleasant experience, but an acquired taste.

OP here. I understand that this kind of music makes you think -or feel- out of the box but it's to harsh for me. I 'd love to get into some obscure music so if you have some entry level music to recomend or a chart that be great.

I can try to do one, but what do you want? I have some knowledge on Free Jazz and Modern Classical.

Here's an album by an obscure progressive rock band from a country which no longer exists:
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/pop_masina/kiselina/

Just listen to slightly more obscure, slower stuff and you'll grow.
Maybe Earth, Coaltar of the Deepers, Godspeed You: Black Emporer, Atlas Sound, Burrrn, Electric Wizard, Flash Kostivich, Flying Lotus, Grant Green, HK Express, Lotus Plaza.
They aren't really very similar to each other, good directions to explore.
Spoiler: they're just a collection of a few of my favorites, but you should totally listen to them

I would like any chart that will help me get into "weird" music wether it is free jazz, noise or whatever.

this is italian improvised stuff

but it has ennio morricone and steady rock drumming holding everything together!

What do you like?

I listen to GY!BE (love 'em) electric wizard, i like some Earth will check everyone else as soon as possible
hey that first album is pretty good until now! (1st track) thank you

Respond OP, please. Others might enjoy the chart too.

>hey that first album is pretty good until now! (1st track) thank you
Glad you like it, even though it's not exactly entry-level.

Lol just realized I did a colon instead of an exclamation point. It's late, okay
But the closest to those u listed would be coaltar, the rest are pretty different, besides flying lotus kinda.

And of course weeb shit.
Kill me

I listen to pretty much anything: i like jazz like charles mingus and john coltrane, i love death grips my favourite genre is punk and especially post punk (joy division etc.) I listen to some black metal and shoegaze

Preparing a chart for free jazz, might take around an hour or so.

thanks my dude i am looking forward

Oh right, so you already like some pretty abrasive stuff - don't imagine you'd have any trouble with free jazz and noise.

Great. What software do you use for making flowcharts? I might do one in the near future, so I'm curious.

Does a noise rock flowchart exist? By the way, keep this thread bumped, so it doesn't die out in an hour.

The only patrician music is art music.

yup, but i am just getting annoyed by sunn o)) or mezbrow altough I get what they are trying to do with their art. I basically would just like to get used to this kind of sounds so i can apprecite this form of art as well, that's why I am here
i usually just make my charts with topsters

One of those guys isn't even a composer you cretin, yet you still repost it trying to pretend you are patrician.

Please don't ruin this thread.

OP already did that calling noise, free jazz, drone and other obscure music ''patrician''.

when you feel ready you can listen to this (an antology of noise and electonic music vol. 4) it's not exactly entry level but if you are used to this kind of music you'll love it.

Art offers an unimaginable range of experience so why confine yourself to a puddle when there's an ocean, and an ocean when there's a universe? It's on your journey through those spheres that you can decide whether the puddle suffices to satisfy your wants, but it'll be enough that you'd at least have taken that journey.

People who are seriously into drugs build up a tolerance for the weaker stuff and move on to higher and higher doses and onto dangerous drugs that no one other than an addict would consider. Casual drug-takers are perfectly content to smoke a little weed and maybe take the occasional pill.

If you're a casual music fan, it's okay to listen to indie rock and hip-hop. Some of us need to move on to stuff that's more out there to get the same feeling.

I am not saying that noise will be better thanks the music I listen to right now but i think that everything form of art has something to offer and i'd like to expirience it myself and form my own opinnion.

>
> i think that everything form of art has something to offer and i'd like to expirience it myself and form my own opinnion.
This is a great mindset to have. And it's built into you, if you're a musician. You're always looking for interesting and new sounds. You don't need drugs to enjoy music. Stay away from them, unless you're in pain or have a mental illness.

What Sunn O))) have you heard? Try Monoliths & Dimensions.

try these guys out (AMMMusic)

I listened to this when I was 15.

Since you like black metal you should check out Gnaw Their Tongues. Black Noise at it's finest. youtube.com/watch?v=WX8CqfpGwzw

literally pop drone

How's is going?

How's it going? *

waiting for that chart

Try out weirder rock: Zappa, Faust, Can, This Heat, Swans.
Check out Brian Eno's 70s output.

This album is really good, like Can but with crazy free improv by Italian avant-garde composers.

Why people keep saying free jazz is 'patrician' like if it was the weirdest and most avant garde thing out there. I mean its just free jazz (i like it actually), but even my mother listens to it, its not obscure or anything...

newfriends

well you get what I am looking for if you have something more avant-gardish to recomend, please do.

No one over 13 listens to Emo, Sup Forums needs to grow up already and listen to real music like John Davis

This is what I have so far... it's not the best, but I think it's decent.

I forgot to mention, blue lines means it gets more accesible, while red ones mean the opposite.

This is great. I'd suggest a black background with white text. And I think that Ornette Coleman's A shape of jazz to come should be a starting point, even though it's more avant-garde jazz than free jazz. It wouldn't immediately alienate potential listeners.

thanks m8 looks really helpfull

Thanks.
One of these days I will rebuild the chart and take your suggestions in mind.
No problem.

Who cares about your mother.

Noise is god. Listen to as much as you can

You could probably start with either or. I started with a shape of jazz to come but I can see free jazz being a good staring point

This is great.
Make sure to upload it to the Sup Forums wiki when you're done.