Can someone smart please explain Attack of the Clones to me? I don't get it...

Can someone smart please explain Attack of the Clones to me? I don't get it. Ignore the shit acting for a moment; Why did Master Syfe Diaz create a clone army? What was Count Dooku trying to do to Obi-Wan when basically just flat-out telling him that Sidious controls the senate? What gain could he possibly have gotten from that?

None of this shit is explained in the movie and the entire plot totally baffles me. TPM may have been bad, but at least I could understand the plot.

Also, Star Wars thread.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KPt1am18lR4
starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Sifo-Dyas
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Why did Master Syfe Diaz create a clone army?
Cuz he fuckin did, stop asking questions
> What was Count Dooku trying to do to Obi-Wan when basically just flat-out telling him that Sidious controls the senate?
He's a bad guy, bad guys monologue
> What gain could he possibly have gotten from that?
Bad guy points

These are questions anybody watching these 'films' would have asked. The script for the movies were basically the first draft because he wrote them way late in the process.

Anybody who is a fan of star wars, the Plinkette reviews are required watching:

youtube.com/watch?v=KPt1am18lR4

Go watch redlettermedia.

I've seen it before, but that just reinforced my questions, it doesn't give me any answers. I have never seen these answered and the whole thing totally baffles me.

>What was Count Dooku trying to do to Obi-Wan when basically just flat-out telling him that Sidious controls the senate?

I'd say he was trying to play mindgames with Obi-Wan, try to convince him that fighting for the Republic was the wrong choice, etc.

>What gain could he possibly have gotten from that?

See above

Please, let me get my opinions from some fucking neckbeard.
The movie made sense to me, and I enjoyed watching it. And at the end of the day, isn't that a little more important than being a nitpicky little faggot who bandwagons with the rest of the gang?

There are no answers.

It's not a well planned narrative. It was a cashgrab in which Lucas was surrounded by yes-men. There is no internal logic.

Syfe Diaz didn't really order the clone army, he died and someone else did it as him (sidious).

He wanted Obi-Wan to have the council distrust the senate and create tension between the council and senate which would cause unrest in anakin and cause him to eventually dislike the council enough to betray them.

neither is important. I watch the Plinkette reviews because they're hilarious. I don't care about anybody's opinion. The comedy is all that matters.

This

Holy Shit that makes so much sense

I loved Christopher Lee

If you aren't trolling, then all the answers you seek are in the clone wars tv show. Syfo diaz was working for sidious. IDK why dooku would have given that monologue. It doesn't fit into the rest of the cannon, but then again Lucas is a fucking idiot.

All you need to know about Battle of the Clones:
>Dooku sounds like dookie which is slang for poopie
>The nigger with the purple lightsaber is the dankest and I am just now realizing how racist it is that they gave him a purple drank saber

nigger asked for it, what are you gonna do?

>What was Count Dooku trying to do to Obi-Wan when basically just flat-out telling him that Sidious controls the senate? What gain could he possibly have gotten from that?

Count Dooku was kind of a villain for a noble cause, which wasn't really explained very well. Basically the reason he left the Jedi was because he saw the Jedi and the Republic as corrupt beyond repair. He wasn't really a downright malicious guy.

They really fucked up his character in the movies, because he had the potential to be a really interesting villain.

I remember hearing a story about Lucas asking Sam Jackson what color lightsaber he wanted and Jackson asked for purple as a joke.

>what are you gonna do?
check your trips that's what I'm gonna do

Okay, so let's go with that because I assumed it would be mind game. But what would he have done with Obi-Wan afterwards? Kill Sidious? Like I don't know where this would lead for him, aside from just making Sidious more vulnerable at worst case scenario. It's like the classic "bad guy tells the good guy his plans arrogantly" in a movie except the good guy doesn't believe him.

I actually liked ROTS and I thought TPM was not horrible. But if you think it makes sense, can you please explain AOTC to me?

But how do we know this? The movie never says that this was the case. It was indicated that Syfe Diaz died around the same time the clone army was ordered, for all I know he could have ordered it and then died.

In the movie it says "after all these years we were beginning to think [Obi-Wan wasn't] coming." So did these guys literally just sit there for ten years making clones without any contact with the person who ordered them? Were they payed beforehand? Why didn't the Jedi even bother inquiring into the programming of the clones? Why would they have Order 66 programmed into them (to kill all the Jedi) if the cloners were under the influence that a Jedi was the one who ordered the clowns to be made? It seems like if anybody in the galaxy of importance was even slightly competent then this entire situation could have been avoided.

this
prequels a shit, don't bother trying to understand them

Attack of the Clones: Abridged.

George Lucas:
I need some money.

This concludes Attack of the Clones: Abridged.

>the movie didn't make sense but I pretended it made sense to me
>it sucked fucking rat dick but I thought it was great! lel jar jar
grats, you're an actual retard with zero taste
>le le bandwagon I'm a rebel XD

kek for real?
Dubs of truf, but Star Wars after it got big (I dunno which one it got big at) is all a money grab

All you need to know about Battle of the Clones:
> romeo and juliet in space
> still a better love story than twilight

Yeah, I have been meaning to watch that series, I heard it gives good explanations. Regardless, I should not have to watch a TV series to understand a movie.

So he was against corruption and therefore part of his plan was assassinating probably the least corrupt senator, while corrupting the Trade Federation? His cause doesn't seem very noble.

It got big when it came out. You're a stupid person.

dude it's only been big for like 40 years give the guy a break

>> still a better love story than twilight
It isn't. I know autistic people who could write a more flowing love story.

>Why did Master Syfe Diaz create a clone army?
he saw a need for the army, but he was under palpatine who at the time was an aide of the sitting chancellor
it isn't clear, but palpatine either killed syfo dias or took advantage of his death to keep the army secret
>What was Count Dooku trying to do to Obi-Wan when basically just flat-out telling him that Sidious controls the senate? What gain could he possibly have gotten from that?
he wasn't telling it for kenobi's sake
he was telling it to sow doubt in skywalker about the integrity of the republic

watch the clone wars
it explains (sort of) those unanswered questions

The movie never says it but its laid out in the Clone Wars TV series that Lucas produced.

Sifo dyas had his ship targeted and he died in the crash, then sidious ordered the creation of the clones with the chip

The cloners were in on the siths plan so thats why they never talked to the jedi about it, and if they asked they would lie

Why did he see a need for an army? When he died 10 years earlier the only armed conflict was the invasion of Naboo which was literally foiled by a 9-year-old kid accidentally flying a plane into a reactor. Doesn't seem like it is needed.

So why didn't he just make up some sort of lie about the Republic? Why would he tell him the truth which could potentially foil his plans?

explain how to write a more flowing love story about horny virgins in space

The Force was with me.

Dooku is a bad guy but he still has strong morals, he tends to only kill people when they engage him and on multiple occasions refused to kill padawans.
Dooku wants to do what actually says he wants to do, he wants to turn the corrupt republic into an autocracy, while Sidious wants to rule with an iron fist.
Sidious tells Anakin to kill Dooku for 2 reasons.
1, The Rule of Two must be upheld.
2 Sidious knows that his plans conflict with Dooku's plans and knew Dooku planned on killing Sidious right then and there on that ship.
Conclusion, Dooku is a bad guy but in the long run he's trying to do what he thinks is right.

I actually may have accepted this plot more if it was Qui-Gon who called for the creation of a clone army without discussing it with the council because we actually know from the previous movie that he is unorthodox. But instead they brought in some new character who we never get to see ever.

But then the cloners are contradicted by Jango Fett right in front of them who says that he was recruited by Tyrannous.

Even then, the whole operation was very unnerving, the fact that Syfe Diaz was never authorized to create the army. Dexter Jexter literally says to Obi-Wan that it depends on how big their pocket book is, wouldn't the Jedi have realized "hey this seems a little off maybe we can pay them a shit ton of money and they can tell us more about their operations."

Speaking of Jango Fett, if the Jedi were aware of how valuable Jango Fett was, why didn't Mace Windu just cut off his hands and then bring him in for questioning? Why did he behead him on the battlefield?

Again, I feel that if anyone was even slightly competent then the entire fall of the Republic could have been avoided.

Toward the end of the Republic, the Jedi were really fucked. They had unrealistic ideas about emotions. Dooku was Yoda's last padawan and he turned to the dark side. Annakin was Obi-Wan's last padawan and he turned to the dark side. Really, the two people who trained Luke in the original trilogy were the biggest fuck-ups and had the most guilt, but still held onto some of their core ideas, which Luke ignored and managed to stay on the light side.

Syfo Diaz made the army because he teamed up with Count Dooku as Dooku led him to believe that he would take on Diaz as his lackey or some shit, doesn't matter cause he died on Felucia on some stupid Jedi mission and Dooku just used his title to order the clones from Kamino, so when the jedi followed Jango and found the army, it would appear that Diaz did it when it was really Palpatine's plot all along, Dooku was just putting things into motion.
Dooku told them his plans because he planned on killing them right then and there, and even by telling them, Palpatine was stronger than anyone in the Galaxy and there was no evidence to connect anything. No harm done.

>But then the cloners are contradicted by Jango Fett right in front of them who says that he was recruited by Tyrannous.

Sidius had Tyrannous (duku) do this

>Even then, the whole operation was very unnerving, the fact that Syfe Diaz was never authorized to create the army. Dexter Jexter literally says to Obi-Wan that it depends on how big their pocket book is, wouldn't the Jedi have realized "hey this seems a little off maybe we can pay them a shit ton of money and they can tell us more about their operations."

Around the time of the Invasion of Naboo, Supreme Chancellor Finis Valorum requested Sifo-Dyas conduct clandestine negotiations with the Pyke Syndicate, and he headed for Oba Diah with Valorum's personal aide, Silman. However, the Sith Lord Darth Tyranus hired the Pykes to target Sifo-Dyas's T-6 shuttle, and they shot down his ship over the Oba Diah moon. Sifo-Dyas died in the resulting crash, but Silman survived and was taken prisoner by the Pykes. Consequently, Tyranus and his Sith Master, Darth Sidious, funded Sifo-Dyas's army of clone troopers, instructed the Kaminoan cloners to add Order 66 to the clones' inhibitor chips (which Sifo-Dyas originally intended to be a safeguard against any treacherous orders given to clones), and manipulated the Jedi Order into taking command of the army when the Clone Wars erupted. It was not until years later that the Jedi began to unravel the Sith's conspiracy and unearthed the details of Sifo-Dyas's demise.

Can you stop wasting peoples time and if you don't know what your talking about just read the wiki

It's also explained in season 6 of Star Wars the Clone War (which was pretty fucking good)

yeah well ur a nigger so

Before the clones the Jedi themselves where really the army but because of the droids they needed an quick army, disposable I might add to combat the fast production of droids

Yes season 6 was very good, I wish they continued making the clone wars and stopped with that cancer rebels.

man you guys really nerded out in here

Here is what should have happened:

Ep. I should have been about Anakin's training as a Jedi so we could have seen what went wrong. He falls in love with Padmé and gets her knocked up.

Ep. II should have had her give birth and otherwise the story could have been fairly similar. They go to save Obi-Wan on geonosis and when they get caught Padmé is immediately executed to appease the Trade Federation or whatever (You could work that into Ep. I). As punishment for his clumsiness and for going against the code or whatever, Anakin is expelled from the Jedi Order. Obi-Wan takes his side in the council.

In Ep. III Anakin gets seduced to the Dark Side due to his anger at the Jedi Council.

This would have been much better. Obviously there are hundreds of storylines that could have been made for these movies but that is how I would have done it.

Why didn't Dooku do pic related when Sidious said to kill him? Like I find it hard to believe he would have just kneeled there with puppy-dog eyes.

But Yoda was training like 15 kids and one of them was even smart enough to realize that someone deleted something.

But you just said two contradictory things, one that Syfo Diaz made the army and then that Dooku made it.

Doesn't change the fact that there are now two different explanations being given to Obi-Wan who doesn't even bother looking into this.

None of this is explained in the movie and literally nobody knew of this going into the movie. You can explain the movie afterwards all you want but it doesn't change the fact that the movie is completely and utterly confusing to anyone who isn't a fanboy.

>It was not until years later that the Jedi began to unravel the Sith's conspiracy and unearthed the details of Sifo-Dyas's demise.
It seems like they could have done it way earlier had they even bothered investigating this entirely baffling transaction and turn of events.

Sand.jpg

weren't his hands cut off