P4K 9.0 posthardcore/mathrock/noisepunk 1994 Fugazi + Neu! needs to be ultraMemed

P4K 9.0 posthardcore/mathrock/noisepunk 1994 Fugazi + Neu! needs to be ultraMemed

youtube.com/watch?v=7kYaEN06UYM

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=c5lGb7mLSUk
youtube.com/watch?v=rRJZoqWMOoo
youtube.com/watch?v=8ps21fmqujE
youtube.com/watch?v=Y3wrxfkEbQQ
youtube.com/watch?v=ub85AszC87s&list=PLKMK0HjUbCAns9scffMd_qELN85-ITKJ4
youtube.com/watch?v=a7PH4kmnqWM
youtube.com/watch?v=F73wbA23odo
youtube.com/watch?v=GHg5To_I2tk
youtube.com/watch?v=CofXSiCmu3Q
youtube.com/watch?v=8CErsQzRM70
youtube.com/watch?v=aTIyswwkLDE
youtube.com/watch?v=aIyLGzrHMF0
youtube.com/watch?v=JDUPqHupOME
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

but it's already ultraMeme status band

Pitchfork reviews don't mean shit, but I love that album. I don't have a list, but it's definitely in my Top 50 albums

tripplenippleultraMemed then. ATDI - ROC has 650,000 yt views, Spiderland has 840,000, Loveless has 662,000, this one has 74,000.

Its not an ultraMeme yet. Its on flowcharts and guides but it isn't a main feature. Its in the excellent/classic range for sure and it needs more exposure.

Yeah, I did that so the people who normally wouldn't listen to this kind of music would give a listen.

YANK CRIME MASTERPIECE
LUAU LUAU LUAU

...that doesn't need a meme status, just recognition

Luau is one of the essential post-hardcore tracks of all time. probably my favorite next to Unwound's
Valentine Card / Kantina / Were, Are and Was or Is.

I THINK I CAN READ THE SARCASM IN YOUR TEXT. LUAU ISN'T THE ONLY GOOD SONG. ITS THE MOST ACCESSIBLE SONG. ITS LIKE SAYING CLOSER IS THE BEST SONG ON THE DOWNWARD SPIRAL.

You forgot the best post hardcore already . Bow down to Walt nigga

youtube.com/watch?v=c5lGb7mLSUk

youtube.com/watch?v=rRJZoqWMOoo

Thats a very good album, but I hear the age of that album, if that makes sense. The shitty Nirvana chorus effects on some songs don't help, and there's some grunge influenced chords/song structures/vocal styling. Yank Crime sounds ageless, or at least any time post early90s.

REAL rock n roll

sarcastic? fuck off and suck my roman plows

ALOHA? ALOHA SUIT UP???? LUAU LUAU LUAU LUAU

DO YOU COMPUTE?

Hot tunes, hype vibes.

Real meaty, cock n balls

>Loveless and Spiderland have more views than ROC
Would never have guessed that growing up

Its because of the indie circlejerk on sites like this and the anthony fantano followers.

Honestly, anything to get people listening to more music is okay with me

Kinda wish there were others that had as much of a following as he did, he doesn't really know anything about the 90s. There is so much forgotten indie/college rock that no one memes like the Archers Of Loaf, Cranes, Versus, Polvo, Brainiac, Rocket From The Crypt, June Of 44. Those bands were just as big or bigger than Unwound, Pavement, MBV, and put out albums as good or nearly as good but they are all but forgotten today. Because Sup Forums and Fantano only circlejerk the artists they discovered, instead of looking at was critically acclaimed at the time.

Like the Archers Of Loaf were one of robert christgau's favorite 90s bands and and their album reissues got 94% and 86% on metacritic and they are written out of the 90s music history.

I guess Unwound has a circlejerk not because they were big, but because they went full autist in the post-hardcore scene.
>tfw double album with a 2 minute drone intro

True, but it's not like those bands are unavailable to those who wish to find them. I love Archers, Polvo, June of 44, Grifters, etc. but I honestly would never have discovered any of those bands if Pitchfork and Sup Forums weren't memeing the bigger ones like Pavement and Sonic Youth.

no you goof i don't want my fav albums to be memed
fuck off

I cannot stop listening to Archers lately, especially Vee Vee, but I'm not very knowledgeable about the era. I love GBV, but if theres any other college rock bands youre a fan of i'd love the recs

Rocket From The Crypt - Hot Charity

youtube.com/watch?v=8ps21fmqujE

Skip the first track. Speedo, the guitarist from Drive Like Jehu's 50srock-N-roll/60sphilspector/70spunk hybrid band. Should've been huge. Interscope signed both Rocket and Drive, and failed both of them, which was especially weird during the pop punk 90s. My theory about Rocket is that they were too weird for pop punkers, and too normie for indiekids.

Polvo - Celebrate The New Dark Age

youtube.com/watch?v=Y3wrxfkEbQQ

A more psychedelic version of Archers, with mathrock song structures. His voice takes some getting used to though.

Versus - Secret Swingers

youtube.com/watch?v=ub85AszC87s&list=PLKMK0HjUbCAns9scffMd_qELN85-ITKJ4

This album has been entirely forgotten and it was very well reviewed at the time. Its a Smiths/Pixies hybrid (though not as strong lyrically as either as those bands).

This song from that album is in my top ten of jangle pop songs from the 90s.

youtube.com/watch?v=a7PH4kmnqWM

Start at 2:30 on the Rocket album. Its its own genre, symphonic/wall of sound punk.

thanks man, good stuff

Roam pleewows

Memeplows

meatplows

Ethyl Meatplow = fucking awful band

youtube.com/watch?v=F73wbA23odo

>Do you compute?
I think you do
don't need it proven
don't wanna listen
don't need a tour of the pieces i'm missing
as if you were put here to straighten us out
and everything you said was being written down
you weren't and it isn't and nobody's listening,
and nobody gives a fuck what you go do with your life

great album, emofag.

ATDI copped their entire style from this. wow.

Why do you want to meme good albums? Fuck off

blood brothers are better.

this album sounds metallic grey

RIP Bri-Whi, and least I have posthardcore masterpieces from the 90s to get me through my grief.

Its better than Pet Sounds maybe, def better than Smile.

Listen to Seam bro youtube.com/watch?v=GHg5To_I2tk

Seam's not very good. I had that album and the ocean wave one. I used to blind buy most things off of different labels I liked like touch n go, drag city, merge, and subpop. Never clicked, very boring, it does remind a lot of American Football now though, so they were ahead of their time, but their songs just werent very good.

youtube.com/watch?v=CofXSiCmu3Q

delete this

also it's better to think of Seam as slowcore than emo or anything else.
their brilliance is understated but it's there.

Don't quite understand the obsession with this album. Someone fill me in?

the actual patrician choice is Table

youtube.com/watch?v=8CErsQzRM70
youtube.com/watch?v=aTIyswwkLDE
youtube.com/watch?v=aIyLGzrHMF0

pretty good.

Not entirely, if anything just those tenor vocals and some angular guitar riffs.

>9 minutes long
>half of which is noisy guitar feedback
>most accessible

The entire song is built around a very simple guitar riff, and has a hypnotic bpm groove (which never really changes), call and response chorus. Yes is most accessible, out of the non 4/4 signatures and non intro-verse-chorus-verse-chorus-bridge-chorus-outro structures of the rest of the album, that is the "pop" song.

It's fast, loud and aggressive while simultaneously being calculated, cerebral and complex.

>weve got that drive like jehu
>weve got that drive like jehu
>weve got that DRIIIIIiiiIiiiIiiive like jehuuuuuuu

more like Die Kike Jew

i have black ink for blood

Hot Snakes are good too.

Is Golden Brown the most underrated song on here?

I fucking love this album. You forgot to link the best track though:

youtube.com/watch?v=JDUPqHupOME

>someone else on Sup Forums knows table

finally

I know Table