Are they pulling a 92 Denmark? How far are they going?

Are they pulling a 92 Denmark? How far are they going?

Other urls found in this thread:

zeit.de/sport/2016-02/handball-deutschland-europameister-alternative-fuer-deutschland
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

If they win it all it will be far bigger than 92 desu. They are fucking 300k people for christ sake

I don't know about their prospects against Franiggerce. I hate to admit it.

When will our turn be?
Please don't say the norwegians are next.

>finlands turn in football
You know the answer lad.
[spoiler]never[/spoiler]

france are a lot more solid than england, so no

>solid
>needing to be bailed out by one single player against fucking ireland
>struggling against 3rd world gypsy teams in the groups

Denmark had one of the best keepers in history, Iceland literally have a dentist as their manager.

>When will our turn be?

You know the answer. we had Litmanen and we fucked it up, there is no hope left.

this
>barely edging by romania and albania with last minute goals

Never, but I don't really care. It's much more fun to just follow the bantz without any attachment to a particular team.

it's more like 2004 Greece

France just barely managed to beat Albania in the last few minutes.

I wouldn't be too surprised if Iceland beat them

>France
>Solid

Football is only popular in Helsinki and even they lost to böndes this year.

Expert here.
What Island have to do:
have enormous amount of luck
I'd give them a 5% chance of reaching the final

Maybe meme magic happens every 12 years
Denmark 1992
Greece 2004
Iceland 2016

It's over. They might win against France only to face Germany/Italy

THE WAR WAS LOST

>norway
>winning anything football related ever

We're still masturbating over managing 2-1 against Brazil in the group stages of 98

92 Denmark had Laudrup and Schmeichel.

>two lucky goals against one of the worst teams in the tournament
>all this hype for little minnow iceland

I hate how the media does this crap.

The better Laudrup retired before the appointment.

Iceland will go in with no fear, if they do the same tonight against France they can do it. Ireland just fell short, but there's no reason to suggest Iceland won't.

The more momentum they gain, the more they will believe. As Leicester proved, you don't have to be the best on paper to do it.

hope they go all the way

i love underdog miracle stories desu

if they beat france i believe in anything desu

They're the cream of the crop.

Actually he didn't retire. He just refused to play under the coach.

Greece had a reasonably decent league and a large population, Iceland literally has less people than the city of Leicester.

the prophecy

dubs confirm

Doesn't matter, on the field it's always 11 vs 11.

i hope u are on to something

But our Team reacts well in hard situation. Big cohesion in hard times

If they make it past France then all bets are off honestly. They'll have Germany or Italy standing in their way of getting to the final, but if they can produce results against two "big" nations in the knockout stages then it's possible.

I don't know if our team get its shit together , it is clearly the end of the road. If not who knows.

Or like '02 South Korea

Imagine a Portugal-Iceland final and tell me that Tsunaldo wont be fucking scared shitless

please,let us live this again

There is still Wales
>Wales
>Euro Champions 2016
>Better than England

I'm expecting "worried" opinon peaces expressing concern over popularity and success of the "white and monocultural" team that represents a thankfully gone time of homogeneous nation states.

german example for this kind of article:

zeit.de/sport/2016-02/handball-deutschland-europameister-alternative-fuer-deutschland

I think their run is over against France, but they can be pretty enthusiastic about their run

Hmmm
Really makes you think

they can beat france but they can't beat italy or germany.

fucking greece ...

lucky goals against portugal, hungary and austria too huh, and against the netherlands, czech republic and turkey as well

they're a good team

>murica calling other countries nigger
baka desu senpai

Denmark didn't even qualify for the tournament though. They only got in because of the Slavic wars

I'm scared that maybe the meme magic might run out soon, considering it was over used this year.

Wales has more chance to pull a dark horse act

That match was scripted as fuck. There's no way England were suddenly so shit. I mean, Hodgson did absolutely nothing for so long it must have been.

>stage 1: denial The Post

of course it matters, they have a very small pool of talents to recruit from compared to other countries

R A R E
A
R
E

But seriously, England is always shit in these situations. England is such shit that the children's movie "Flushed Away" made fun of the national team.

They're going against France next.

They're done.

Fuck memes. Tradition has to mean something.

When will netherlands time come?

French refball will end it unfortunately.

Just use Saravo as central back to mow down opponent forwards and Laine to tank through opponents defensive line

easiest euro win ever

Netherlands already won an Euro.

But them Koreans were cheating bastards during the knockout round. The team that truly ran on meme magic was Turkey.

You are right.

Not in the next 10 years. Our NT absolutely had the required quality to qualify from 2001 to 2008. We won't have a chance as good for at least 15 years.

Are you people serious? Eng Ice was like Bel Hun. England were not serious competitors. We were shit.

> implying Iceland is getting legendary refball for the ages

You know it is

>When will our turn be?

Never.

Our role in world of sports is to lose again in hockey. We never managed to qualify when we had generational talents like Litmanen and Hyypiä. None of current national team would have made to national team in late 90's or early 2000's.